[OBSOLETE] leakSMART Water Sensor

Thats sucks, have you noticed any improvement?

It’s only been about a month. None of the batteries have died yet.

Update, in about 4 months most of my devices are down to 65%.

3 Likes

Update. Going on 6 months. Most are at 60%. Will we get 8-12 months out the these? Only time will tell.

1 Like

I was getting less than 3 months on a set of batteries with mine. I also mailed them back to LeakSmart and got the firmware updated from v21 to 34 (they returned them with redesigned battery covers which was a nice touch). I’m also seeing considerably improved battery life, reporting 88% at 3 months.

2 Likes

Has anyone else noticed that the battery level is no longer updating its self?
Clicking on refresh will update the battery level!

Not sure if this is an ST problem or firmware, “I have had LeakSmart update the firmware” but I thought it had been updating until today when I got a leak detected. But it was just dead batteries!

Then I found, that none of them have been updated for a while now.

Did it update temperature?

Yes, I have 6 of them and there all the same.
Hear are screenshots of one i just refreshed.

:man_shrugging: I would try to reset it and re-add it. Since its zigbee you don’t need to delete it.

Yea I guess i can give that a shot if no one else is seeing this, i just figuard it was a platform issue!

Wierd how i always think that first, don’t know why🤔

Thanks

I just refreshed my 4; three of them immediately showed a different battery level (83 > 77%); one stayed at 88%, where it has been for two months… this doesn’t seem right. Temperature reports keep streaming in on a regular basis, though.

Looks like you may have the same issue.
I swear mine was updating battery levels before, that’s why I suspect its a platform problem.
Thanks for the feedback

Yes, mine did update before as well. They are still on the original set of batteries (supplied by LeakSmart when the did the free update back in October); whatever they did truly improved the battery life. I would have had to replace them a month ago with the older firmware.
And now for the weirdest coincidence, moments ago, barely an hour after posting this evening, I got a text from ST reporting a leak and then heard a faint beeping from downstairs. The LeakSmart I had put under the laundry sink was reporting a leak-- and it wasn’t a false alarm. Someone left the washing machine cold water hose on (it drips-- on my to do list to fix) and it overflowed the container I put below. These things really work!! Still reporting 77% battery life (after the refresh earlier this evening) even after the alarm.

Might be a good idea to come up with an app to do a refresh on these things a couple of times a day. Hopefully its something that CoRE or WebCoRe will make easy.

1 Like

Guys I’m not sure what is happening with these, but they did update both battery and temperature on their own before. I’m not sure if something happened on the platform but obviously I haven’t changed the DH and no firmware updates…

I set up a WebCoRE piston to refresh them every six hours. Before doing this, all had reported temps normally but hadn’t reported any battery status since the last time I manually refreshed a week ago. The first time my routine ran, the one (of four) that was at 88% immediately reported 77% like all the rest. Battery reports now seem to be ‘on demand’ only.

1 Like

That was Dec 2017. I just changed the batteries for the first time since the firmware update. 13 months!

1 Like

Mine are going strong also; still on the batteries installed last October. Three are at 61% and one at 55%. The construction of these sensors make all the other leak detectors I’ve seen look like toys, but prior to the firmware update done by the factory the battery life was really disappointing. Now I’m very satisfied with them.

I have one sensor that I did not upgrade. I wonder if the wink hub got this firmware update yet so I can update my sensor myself.

Can you do me a favor? Can you look at the events for a couple of your water sensors and see if ST is sending a poll command? If so, how often? it will look something like this. When you are in the device, there will be a link that says “List Events”.

Yes, I am seeing poll commands periodically; for last device I looked at this occurred 14 hours ago an 21 hours ago. The source is COMMAND rather than APP_COMMAND, however, as in the example you posted.