[OBSOLETE] leakSMART Water Sensor

Second fingerprint added to the device handler in github.

So I just got around to loading up my first sensor scored from HD last year ( I know). I’m having an issue, I got everything loaded up on Sunday around noon and today its already at 25% battery life.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Edit: It is also reporting Wet - which it seems is a low battery flaw?

Yes, this device reports when when the battery is low. What are the settings you have for the device? I have found that for regular alkaline batteries that max: 4.5 and min: 2.7 work best for me.

1 Like

I just have the standard settings I haven’t changed anything.

Compatibility mode - OFF
Logging level - INFO

attached the settings

You have ver 17 firmware this ver will eat batteries.
The only way to upgrade the firmware is with a wink hub

1 Like

man… so I need to find a friend with a wink and let me add upgrade and remove

do you need to have the master valve to upgrade or attach to a wink… if so i’m all outta luck :frowning:

Just connect the water sensor to the wink hub and it will update itself after a few minutes may take up to a 1\2 hour.
No valve needed however the hub needs to have latest firmware.

If you read the first part of this thread there is a lot of talk about this.

1 Like

Grazie sir

Well I went 4 for 4.

3 - v17
1 -v1F

thankfully have a couple of friends with Winks and can get them updated sometime in the next week or so.

@scpickle @whoismoses

thanks for ya’lls help

You’re lucky you have a friend with a wink hub.
I had to buy one just to update all 6 of mine.

My sensor is stuck “WET”. I replaced the batteries and had to rejoin the network. I tested it to see if it would report wet and it did… however it will not return to dry.

Any thoughts?

Data
application: 21
endpointId: 01
manufacturer: WAXMAN
model: leakSMART Water Sensor V2

In the ST mobile app. Go into the sensors settings/Config press done see if it goes back to dry. Test again if it does.

It did not. Still wet.

Can you look at the live logging, does it report dry after wethe? Turn logging to DEBUG for the device. Post logs also.

Mine always go “wet” when running out of batteries. I replace the batteries and then “wet” them so they start beeping their alarm. Then I dry them and they go back to dry.

Same here…

@whoismoses

Eric,

Thank you for the Device Handler. I just installed my first leakSmart sensor and all seems fine so far. It is on v21 of the leakSmart firmware. Is there a compelling reason to upgrade to v26?

Again, thank you for the DH!

Dan

I can’t remember if there was an issue with v21. Keep an eye on the battery, if it last long then you are good.

Thanks! I may dig out the old Wink hub and try to update the firmware. That’s probably the best thing to do just to be safe.

Yea - Just remove it from ST. Pair it with wink, give it 2-3 hours to do the update. Check the firmware value in wink. If it is upgraded you are ready to pair back to ST.