[OBSOLETE] LANnouncer with IFTTT (2016)

Boom. It would be that simple. Thanks again for the help!

1 Like

I have a Aeon minimote that i use to arm/disarm SHM. Was wondering if there is anyway to use the other 2 buttons to silence Lannouncer in case the siren goes off. I have 2 instances of Lannouncer running on 2 android phones.
I doubt there is an answer but have to ask

Yes, LANNouncer has a command to silence it. From the commands page of the website, send @#ALARM=STOP. So just assign that to those buttons via, e.g., BigTalker.

3 Likes

Thank you so much. Works like a charm

1 Like

i pretty sure i have everything set up, tablet connected to echo, device installed on ST, with correct ip of tablet.
Also have lananouncer setup on tablet.
But there is a option faded for TTS, any ideaā€™s?

Is there any setting that i should look at to double check.

Announcement: LANNouncerā€™s server may be down for a bit this weekend.

Impact:

• GCN, WAN and IFTTT integration may not work during that time.
  • Premium features will not work on restarted devices
  • Premium features will continue to work if you donā€™t restart
  • Any pure-local features and TTS integration will work.

Work Around
Please consider keeping LANNouncer running, without rebooting, from tonight until Monday, and understand that the cloud features may temporarily stop working.

Cause

I am moving. This should be a short outage until the new networking is set up and configured.

5 Likes

LANNouncer should be back up. I have discoveredā€¦

Did you ever play Good News Bad News?

• The good news is, CenturyLink isnā€™t as bad as they say
  • The bad news is, Their modems arenā€™t very tolerant. We went through 4 getting the install to work.
  • The good news is, their installer kept at it, and ensured we put the right service for me rather than what Iā€™d been ordered, into place.
  • The bad news is, you canā€™t order a static IP until your account is live.
  • The good news is, they have a nice web page for ordering it.
  • The bad news is, their system requires you have an account number (some additional digits) that they donā€™t themselves know until the install is done, and that you canā€™t get except from a bill or during business hours M-F.
  • The good news is, wow, that was fast, the Static IP was live almost immediately upon ordering.
  • The bad news is, Asus Routers allow you to set up a DDNS that I thought LANNouncer clients were pointing at, that you canā€™t update except in router mode. At which point they go back to a default address. (And they donā€™t let you change the asuscomm.com DDNS even then, if youā€™re on a private IP.)
  • The good news is, you can change that address.
  • The bad news is, they will stubbornly remember that old addressā€¦ e.g. 192.168.1.1ā€¦ and put up a redirect page thereā€¦ causing a conflict with the actual router and taking down the network.
  • The good news isā€¦ I did get it all working, after way too many hours, realizing I had LANNouncer on the KeyBounce domain anyhow (Yeah!) and faking out the router by changing itā€™s address to an end-of-range and back again.

The bottom line is, LANNouncer should be fully functional again. A few people are owed Premium upgrades; Iā€™ll do those soon.

3 Likes

@NWTony, thank you for your dedication on this app.

I have an LG Android 5.01 phone, and my issue is LANnouncer only announces (or makes any sound) when the screen is not asleep. Iā€™ve ensured the ā€œalways onā€ wifi setting is already enabled, and my phone already alerts me of other appsā€™ wifi push notifications such as email alerts and SmartThings alerts while the screen is off. I do not have data turned on, only wifi. Why then might LANnouncer be unable to announce when my phoneā€™s screen is off?

Other that that, pretty sweet app. :slight_smile:

Thank you in advance,
ā€“Sam

My first guess is it might be a power saving thing.
Try checking out the settings for that (should be under Battery and Power Saving or something similar).

Thanks, but Iā€™ve already ensured power saving mode is off at all times.

Thereā€™s a similar option under networking. I think I covered it in the web page on KeyBounce.com

I might be overlooking something, but is it possible to get this working with Big Talker into an Amazon Echo Dot that is not on the same network? I have an echo dot at work, and was trying to setup Big Talker and LANnouncer so that if something happens at home while I am at work I would get voice alerts on the dot. I configured port forwarding on my router at work (Iā€™m the IT guy :smile:) so that my phone which is hooked up to the dot via bluetooth gets any requests on port 1035. When I tried all this I couldnā€™t get any results for the simple fact that this setup kept logging me out of my ST app on my phone. I would try to get into Big Talker smart app and I would constantly be asked to log back into ST. It was very frustrating. I wound up deleting the smart app and the device handler so I can start from scratch at home. I figure let me at least get it working within the same network and then try my remote setup later.

Anyone try this and got it working? Is there a different way to do it?

GCN and WAN mode can help a bit, but canā€™t help with the SmartThings app. Reliability still doesnā€™t seem to be their bag.

Iā€™m getting a crash in LANnouncer because my device does not support Bluetooth. Bluetooth is not listed as a requirement for the app so Iā€™m assuming this is a bug:

07-31 14:29:48.682  3443  3443 E BluetoothAdapter: Bluetooth binder is null
07-31 14:29:48.686  3443  3443 D AndroidRuntime: Shutting down VM
07-31 14:29:48.690  3443  3443 E AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main
07-31 14:29:48.690  3443  3443 E AndroidRuntime: Process: com.keybounce.lannouncer, PID: 3443
07-31 14:29:48.690  3443  3443 E AndroidRuntime: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.keybounce.lannouncer/com.keybounce.LANnouncer.ServiceActivity}: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String android.bluetooth.BluetoothAdapter.getName()' on a null object reference
07-31 14:29:48.690  3443  3443 E AndroidRuntime:        at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2666)
07-31 14:29:48.690  3443  3443 E AndroidRuntime:        at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2727)
07-31 14:29:48.690  3443  3443 E AndroidRuntime:        at android.app.ActivityThread.-wrap12(ActivityThread.java)
07-31 14:29:48.690  3443  3443 E AndroidRuntime:        at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1478)
07-31 14:29:48.690  3443  3443 E AndroidRuntime:        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
07-31 14:29:48.690  3443  3443 E AndroidRuntime:        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:154)
07-31 14:29:48.690  3443  3443 E AndroidRuntime:        at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:6128)
07-31 14:29:48.690  3443  3443 E AndroidRuntime:        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
07-31 14:29:48.690  3443  3443 E AndroidRuntime:        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:889)
07-31 14:29:48.690  3443  3443 E AndroidRuntime:        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:779)
07-31 14:29:48.690  3443  3443 E AndroidRuntime: Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String android.bluetooth.BluetoothAdapter.getName()' on a null object reference
07-31 14:29:48.690  3443  3443 E AndroidRuntime:        at com.keybounce.LANnouncer.Utilities.getPhoneName(Utilities.java:293)
07-31 14:29:48.690  3443  3443 E AndroidRuntime:        at com.keybounce.LANnouncer.ServiceActivity.onCreate(ServiceActivity.java:247)
07-31 14:29:48.690  3443  3443 E AndroidRuntime:        at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:6682)
07-31 14:29:48.690  3443  3443 E AndroidRuntime:        at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1119)
07-31 14:29:48.690  3443  3443 E AndroidRuntime:        at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2619)
07-31 14:29:48.690  3443  3443 E AndroidRuntime:        ... 9 more
07-31 14:29:48.696  2166  3209 W ActivityManager:   Force finishing activity com.keybounce.lannouncer/com.keybounce.LANnouncer.ServiceActivity

Hi guys, sorry if this is overly simple but Iā€™ve never figured it out. How do I get Lannouncer to play one of the sound files? I did see on the Home-Assistant.io page that you can ā€˜send a commandā€™ to play the audio file. However I canā€™t get to that part.

Presently I use web-core to trigger the built in sound notifications.

Hey guys, Iā€™m stumped and could use some help. I have Lannouncer running on an android tablet. Hereā€™s what works:

I can use a web browser to send speak and chime commands to it using the tabletā€™s internal IP address.
I can use WebCoRE to send an http speak command via my WAN (with port 1035 forwarded).
I can successfully ping the tablet

I verified the correct IP address and port are configured in the LANnouncer thing.

What I canā€™t do is get Big Talker or WebCore to work with it. When I look in the IDE, I see them both send the speak commands but I donā€™t get anything from Lannouncer.

Because I can access Lannouncer via my internal and external networks, Iā€™m guessing the issue has something to do with SmartThings. I bought the tablet specifically to run Lannouncer, so any help is very much appreciated.

Trying to add LANnouncer to mysmartapps and I am getting an error:

No signature of method: script_app_metadata_26fca99a_d6ce_4cab_8f9c_b513db38358e.metadata() is applicable for argument types: (script_app_metadata_26fca99a_d6ce_4cab_8f9c_b513db38358e$_run_closure1) values: [script_app_metadata_26fca99a_d6ce_4cab_8f9c_b513db38358e$_run_closure1@4917c938] Possible solutions: getMetadata(), getState(), setState(java.lang.Object), metaClass(groovy.lang.Closure)

Any thoughts?

LANnouncer is a Device Handler so paste your code there. You will then use smart apps like BigTalker to create notifications when things happen.

1 Like

Thank you. I ended up figuring out what I was doing wrong not long after I posted and then got tied up and wasnā€™t able to get back on hereā€¦ Thats what happens when you stare at computer screens all dayā€¦

Big thanks to @rhoffer! This solved my problem when I tried to set up Bigtalker to send announcements, LANnouncer did not show up as a deviceā€¦turns out I had the defaults set to Music Player and Not Speech Synthesisā€¦after changing that - bang - it works!!

I set up BigTalker originally with VLC things to test it - but realized I didnā€™t want to tie up a big piece of hardware, so I bought a cheap Android tablet to use with LANnouncer. Set up and installed everything correctly, could test LANnouncer successfully using the app and curl from my computer, but couldnā€™t get it to show up as a device for Bigtalker.

I scoured these forums until I found your post! Thanks again!