[OBSOLETE] KuKuHarmony - DTH and SmartApp that support to control devices in Logitech Harmony(using Harmony-API)

Hello,

If your computer’s OS is linux, you can type command ‘ifconfig’ at computer harmony-api is installed.

Or you can find ip address at AP(WiFi router) setting.

Thank you.

Would anyone mind giving me some advice regarding the Harmony API?
I just cant seem to get it to run.
script/bootstrap returns that i need to install forever.
to install forever I need to input : sudo npm install forever -g

I input that, and it returns “bash: sudo: command not found”

I have tried using -c or -f, ive tried just about everything I can think of.

TIA

What distro are you using?

Hi Bill! thanks for response!

Sorry man, my engkish is a bit broken, what do you mean by distro?

Lol. No problem.

What Linux distribution are you using (Ubuntu, Fedora, Raspberry Pi, etc)?

Thanks,
~bill

1 Like

Hello,

You’d better use Docker’s image that ‘harmony-api’ and related packages are installed system.
(Install Docker package -> Download docker’s image related to ‘harmony-api’
-> run docker’s image)
So, Core_Phx asked you your system information.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Thanks for the help guys!

Have it sorted out now, amazing work KuKu!

1 Like

Great work! Is it possible to use the device commands in a smarthings routine? Use case is . If skybell door bell is pressed then mute TV. So far I can only figure out how to turn the TV off. Thanks!!

can anyone help me with installing this with a qnap server? I’m not very good with the instructions. feel free to PM me if that’s easier. please and thanks

Dear @connorst,

Sure. You can apply automation by using ‘CoRE’ smartapp.
If you select device created by KuKuHarmony at ‘CoRE’ smartapp, there are mapped commands.

Thank you.

Hello @MikeBro97,

I am sorry that I can not explain how to install it at QNAP, because I am not a QNAP user.
But I know that QNAP server also has a application ‘Container Station’ like ‘Docker’.
So, I think that you can install this using that.

Thank you.

Hello @PedroGense,

Would you share a log or result?
If you do that, I can help you more detaily.
Thank you.

Hi KuKu, by some miracle I got everything up and running.
Thanks for making this and trying to help out NOOBS like me.
I’m trying to use WebCore but I don’t see any mapped commands available.
I used device type TV. None of the commands are available for the device.
I’m totally lost. Thank you!!!

Hi Andy,

I am trying to setup the container in my Synology NAS and did not get any errors but when I try Kuku’s smartapp it’s not finding the Harmony Hub.

Would it be possible to send me the advanced settings you used, perhaps I get it to work by having an example of a working version?

I can read but do no get all the technical stuff for the api, so some help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Udo

Hello @stevetb77,

Would you let me know how to add a action at WebCore?

I tried to add an action related to device that’s type is ‘TV’ made by ‘KuKuHarmony’.
and I found mapped commands like below.

1. ‘Add an action’
  2. Select device ‘device’ at ‘Physical devices’ made by ‘KuKuHarmony’
  3. ‘Add a task’
  4. Select ‘Do’

Thank you.

Hello @Udo_Van_Peursem,

Would you please share a KuKuHarmony’s setting?
Did you type harmony-api’s ip address in smartapp with NAS IP address?

Would you try to test with web browswer like below?
Through this, you can check whether harmony-api works.

[Synoogy’s IP address that harmony-api is installed:8282]
ex) 192.168.1.137:8282/hubs

Hi @KuKu,

I think the first issue is in the container, as it stops directly and I get a lot of error messages, I tried several things but as I am not familiar with the container and thus do not understand the error messages, I am lost how to fix them.

After launching the Api I assume I need to go in advanced settings, but from there on I am lost what to do.

There is a lot of information on the Maddox api page, but I have no idea which parts of them I need to do, or if the container made just should run after install.

All help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Udo

Thanks KuKu! Oddly, I don’t have any of those options. I did follow your steps. All I see are the standard options for all devices…
Thanks!

Hi,

Is the ‘Elite screens home appliance’ device made by KuKuHarmony?

You should select device those type is ‘TV’ at ‘with’.

** EDIT **
I realized that the error seemed to be related to a specific Harmony activity. I didn’t need that one, so I erased it and the error disappeared. I’m good for now!

==================

I’m having issues with the Harmony-Api running in docker for raspberry pi. There’s a frequent syntax error and the script restarts. It’s the same error every time. Sometimes it loops for minutes before coming out of the error. This makes my server completely unreliable. Sad monkey. I posted my issue at the harmony-api github, but would appreciate knowing if anyone else has or has had this problem? I have no idea what to do. The output looks like this:

Starting discovery.
Hub discovered: Great Room at 192.168.0.11.
Updating activities for great-room.
Updating state for great-room.
Updating devices for great-room.
undefined:1
{“activity”:[{“rules”:[],“label”:“Lower Screen”,“isTuningDefault”:false,“activityTypeDisplayName”:“Default”,“enterActions”:[{“name”:“SendCommand”,“parameters”:{“Command”:“directiondown”,“DeviceId”:“49203209”,“Modifier”:“press”}}],“fixit”:{“49203207”:{“id”:“49203207”,“isRelativePower”:true,“Power”:“Off”},“49203209”:{“id”:“49203209”,“isAlwaysOn”:“true”,“Power”:“On”},“49203208”:{“id”:“49203208”,“Power”:“Off”},“49920389”:{“id”:“49920389”,“isManualPower”:true},“49920888”:{“id”:“49920888”,“Power”:“Off”}},“baseImageUri”:“https://rcbu-test-ssl-amr.s3.amazonaws.com/",“zones”:null,“type”:“VirtualGeneric”,“isAVActivity”:true,“id”:“30232500”,“controlGroup”:[{“name”:“NavigationBasic”,“function”:[{“action”:"{“command”:“DirectionDown”,“type”:“IRCommand”,“deviceId”:“49203209”}",“name”:“DirectionDown”,“label”:"Direction Down”},{“action”:"{“command”:“DirectionUp”,“type”:“IRCommand”,“deviceId”:“49203209”}",“name”:“DirectionUp”,“label”:“Direction Up”},{“action”:"{“command”:“OK”,"type

SyntaxError: Unexpected token ] in JSON at position 73682
at JSON.parse ()
at /home/harmony-api/harmony-api/node_modules/harmonyhubjs-client/lib/harmonyclient.js:39:34
at Array.forEach (native)
at HarmonyClient.handleStanza (/home/harmony-api/harmony-api/node_modules/harmonyhubjs-client/lib/harmonyclient.js:31:32)
at emitOne (events.js:96:13)
at Client.emit (events.js:189:7)
at Client._handleStanza (/home/harmony-api/harmony-api/node_modules/node-xmpp-client/lib/Client.js:228:12)
at Client.onStanza (/home/harmony-api/harmony-api/node_modules/node-xmpp-client/lib/Client.js:222:8)
at emitOne (events.js:96:13)
at Connection.emit (events.js:189:7)
error: Forever detected script exited with code: 1
error: Script restart attempt #1
Starting discovery.
Hub discovered: Great Room at 192.168.0.11.

(and so on)