SmartThings Community

[RELEASE] KuKuHarmony - DTH and SmartApp that support to control devices in Logitech Harmony(using Harmony-API)

smartapp_av
harmony
dth_av
requires_server
project_av

I’m curious why I cannot get the zone 2 features (on and off) from my Denon AVR with this app. I can use the custom for volume up and down but not on and off

0 Likes

(Mike Broadway (Joseph)) #576

I keep getting unexpected error occured and errors refreshing page when trying to add a device in the smartapp. Any help is appreciated.

0 Likes

can anyone please help with the docker image process for a mac? i dont not have a raspberry pi? and this mac will be on 24/7. thank you!

0 Likes

Someone should make a YouTube video on how to install this, if anyone is interested Let me know,

0 Likes

how do i run script/server on mac? thank you

0 Likes

(Steve) #580

Hi KuKu, thanks again for making this. I LOVE IT. It is simply marvelous!
Question: Is there a way to hold a command (a button press)?
With my AV receiver as you hold the volume button up or down, the rate (increment) of volume changes accelerates.
Within the Harmony android app, if I hold down the volume up or down button it works the same as the physical remote.
I’m at a loss how I would be able to replicate this through webcore. I need to be able to hold a button down. Any ideas?
I tried doing a FOR loop and repeating voldown times… but that doesn’t replicate holding it down. The volume changes in tiny increments, and like this it would take an eternity to move the volume significantly. Hope my question makes sense.

Thanks!

0 Likes

They have changed how the Zone 2 works and unfortunately no longer available. We were all very sad about it…

0 Likes

Read the thread, it’s all explained…

0 Likes

(Mike Breault) #585

i could not see the qnap installation walkthrough. is there a direct link for this?

0 Likes

(Mike Breault) #586

any help would be appreciated. everytime I click on start the docker it just stops it immediately. im sure im doing something wrong.

0 Likes

(Mike Breault) #587

I figured it out. Part of the problem was that the Maddox harmony api wouldnt run on qnap. I got it running with t0rx api though. But I have a question about custom devices in harmony. Is there a way to setup a custom device instead of the 5 or 6 that come pre installed. I have electric fireplaces that use my remote.

0 Likes

@MikeBro97 this is where you would need to be able to write your own custom DTH’s. I had the same question but just dont know enough about groovy to be confident to write it… However you can create virtual buttons and just assign the action to the virtual button through webcore or sharptools.io rule engine.
The biggest issue with doing it the above way is lag. Eventually I scrapped a lot of what my original plan was (using an iPad as a media controller for everything) because I often found that there was lag of 5 to 10 seconds by the time you push a button to it operating due to it having to communicate from AT/Sharptools to webcore to ST to RPI/Qnap to Harmony… However if you are just looking to switch on/off it should be fine.
Just use any of the remotes and assign via webcore/sharptools.

1 Like

(Tony Kerwin) #589

Hi Mike

Do you have any instructions to set this up on the qnap? I have so far setup the container rpi-harmony-api-1 but it wont start with error -

standard_init_linux.go:185: exec user process caused “exec format error”

Dont really know what i’m doing I havent made any changes or added any config.

Thanks
Tony

0 Likes

(Qvae) #590

I have the Synology DS218, which apparently is not compatible with docker. Is there any other way to get this to work with synology without docker? I dont know if I’m misunderstanding the purpose of docker, but from what I gather it’ll only make things easier to set up vs being mandatory to be able to set up synology. Please clarify and provide assistance if possible, thanks.

1 Like

(DJAC) #591

I am new to PI3 and only starting to code.
I have tried various methods but cannot get the server to run.
i tried the following instructions from these websites.

I have the opt folder which leads to Haprmony-api that has the server script. but when i try running it, nothing happens.

I get this error

pi@raspberrypi:/opt/harmony-api $ script/server
warn: --minUptime not set. Defaulting to: 1000ms
warn: --spinSleepTime not set. Your script will exit if it does not stay up for at least 1000ms
module.js:538
throw err;
^

Error: Cannot find module ‘mqtt’
at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:536:15)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:466:25)
at Module.require (module.js:579:17)
at require (internal/module.js:11:18)
at Object. (/opt/harmony-api/app.js:4:12)
at Module._compile (module.js:635:30)
at Object.Module._extensions…js (module.js:646:10)
at Module.load (module.js:554:32)
at tryModuleLoad (module.js:497:12)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:489:3)
error: Forever detected script exited with code: 1

PLEASE HELP GUYS…!!!

0 Likes

(DJAC) #592

NEED YOUR HELP!!

still cant find module mqtt…

0 Likes

(Bill S.) #593

Try running npm install from your harmony-api directory. That should install all the prerequisites. If that doesn’t work, then try running npm install mqtt --save -g and see if that helps.

0 Likes

(DJAC) #594

I still get these errors.

pi@raspberrypi:/var/lib/harmony-api $ sudo npm install
npm WARN deprecated node-xmpp-stanza@1.1.0: use @xmpp/xml package https://www.npmjs.com/package/@xmpp/xml
npm WARN deprecated node-xmpp-jid@2.3.0: use @xmpp/jid package https://www.npmjs.com/package/@xmpp/jid
npm ERR! code 128
npm ERR! Command failed: /usr/bin/git clone --depth=1 -q -b cdata-for-ltx-parser https://github.com/swissmanu/ltx.git /root/.npm/_cacache/tmp/git-clone-2af81f76
npm ERR! fatal: could not create leading directories of ‘/root/.npm/_cacache/tmp/git-clone-2af81f76’: Permission denied
npm ERR!

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR! /root/.npm/_logs/2018-11-06T12_33_45_903Z-debug.log
pi@raspberrypi:/var/lib/harmony-api $ sudo npm install mqtt --save -g
/usr/local/bin/mqtt_pub -> /usr/local/lib/node_modules/mqtt/bin/pub.js
/usr/local/bin/mqtt_sub -> /usr/local/lib/node_modules/mqtt/bin/sub.js
/usr/local/bin/mqtt -> /usr/local/lib/node_modules/mqtt/mqtt.js

• mqtt@2.18.8
    added 70 packages from 48 contributors in 17.358s
    pi@raspberrypi:/var/lib/harmony-api $ script/server
    warn: --minUptime not set. Defaulting to: 1000ms
    warn: --spinSleepTime not set. Your script will exit if it does not stay up for at least 1000ms
    error: Could not read .foreverignore file.
    error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open ‘/var/lib/harmony-api/.foreverignore’
    module.js:538
    throw err;
    ^

Error: Cannot find module ‘mqtt’
at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:536:15)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:466:25)
at Module.require (module.js:579:17)
at require (internal/module.js:11:18)
at Object. (/var/lib/harmony-api/app.js:4:12)
at Module._compile (module.js:635:30)
at Object.Module._extensions…js (module.js:646:10)
at Module.load (module.js:554:32)
at tryModuleLoad (module.js:497:12)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:489:3)
error: Forever detected script exited with code: 1

Im at a loss.
when i run docker
“”/var/lib/harmony-api $ sudo docker start harmony-api"
i get this
harmony-api
then nothing

0 Likes

(Bill S.) #595

You shouldn’t run both the docker image and the npm app at the same time as you’ll get conflicting ports (both are trying to use port 8282) unless you modify the app.js to use a different port. Most users should never need to do that however.

Anyhow, if you ran the docker image and it returned harmony-api, then the image should be running. There are a couple ways to test it. The easiest is docker container ls --format. That should give you a list of containers that are running.

The other way is to check http://<your_pi_ip>:8282 in a browser and see what you get back.

0 Likes

(DJAC) #596

after entering this i get something but still cant pickup the hub on smartapp…

:/var/lib/harmony-api $ sudo docker ps --all
CONTAINER ID IMAGE COMMAND CREATED STATUS PORTS NAMES
d74d3fac441a turlvo/harmony-api:latest “/usr/bin/entry.sh /…” 2 hours ago Up About an hour harmony-api

0 Likes