[OBSOLETE] KuKuHarmony - DTH and SmartApp that support to control devices in Logitech Harmony(using Harmony-API)

Thank you for sharing QNAP installation.

I am sorry for a few dth.
I am always thinking to add other DTH.

Hm…

It seems that harmony-api can find the device in the ‘Home control’
I’ll check with jonnmadox harmony-api.

If you don’t have ST hub.
You can just call harmony-api by other system.

Use these endpoints to control your devices through your Harmony Hub.

PUT /hubs/:hub_slug/off => {message: “ok”}
POST /hubs/:hub_slug/commands/:command_slug => {message: “ok”}
POST /hubs/:hub_slug/commands/:command_slug?repeat=3 => {message: “ok”}
POST /hubs/:hub_slug/activities/:activity_slug => {message: “ok”}
POST /hubs/:hub_slug/devices/:device_slug/commands/:command_slug => {message: “ok”}
POST /hubs/:hub_slug/devices/:device_slug/commands/:command_slug?repeat=3 => {message: “ok”}

It seems that your ‘harmony-api’ works well but could not find your harmony-hub.

Did you check ‘use the same network as docker host’ option?
If that, please restart synology server and harmony hub.

Thank you.

I don’t understand what you’re talking about, probably because I don’t see an option by that name. Where is that option?

edit: I got past that problem! From what I can tell, there is no UI way to set host networking with Synology. Might be a bug, might be a limitation - dunno. My solution was to open my Synology, go to Docker, choose “Container,” then click on the one I downloaded. I then chose Settings -> Export to dump a JSON file to my local machine, which I was able to manually edit. I quite literally just changed the word “bridge” to “host” in three spots, then I changed “false” to “true” in the fourth. I Imported the JSON file as a new Container config then tried starting it and that seems to have gotten the hub to discover properly.

It seems that you did already.
https://goo.gl/images/nj9w34

are the harmony hub and harmony-api in same network?

If that,

Would you try rebooting harmony hub?
After that, please check again whether the server find hub.

If not, please reboot server and check again.

Where did this screenshot come from (can you screenshot the whole screen)?

I had to manually edit the configuration files. I cannot find the UI window in your screenshot.

@KuKu Here is a screenshot of the result. Matches the KuKuHarmony devices available in Smartthings. The ‘light’ devices available in the Harmony app are not accessible.

Thanks for your qnap integration , i made it work with my qnap ts-231 +

1 Like

To start I really appreciate all of the great work on this app. I have everything setup through my raspberry pi 3 and things seem to be functioning correctly. I do have one question I cannot seem to figure out - the status of my device does not stay in sync if I turn my TV on through SmartThings then off through the remote. I have read about using a contact sensor or power plug to monitor the state but when I try I receive the - There are no devices of this capability.

Do I need to go purchase one of these items to correctly monitor the state? I also have webcore setup for other automations, thoughts on using that instead? Thank you.

2 Likes

It looks that you did good well.
Well…

Would you check server and harmony network?
Is there any 5GHz wifi connection with server or harmony?

Hm…
If that, it seems that KuKuHarmony also can not contol that light.

Hello,

As you said,
if you turn on/off device by remote controller(irDA), harmony’s device state is not synchronized.
So if you want to synchronize state, there are some ways.

1. Using power plug that device is inserted.
    => device’s on/off will affect power plug’s power value.
  2. Using contact sensor that installed at location device’s physical state changed.
    => almost Aircon’s’ door

What a impressive posting!
Thank you~~~

Thank you this is very helpful. Purchasing a power plug with metering today.

That’s correct. Was hoping KuKuHarmony would pull this Harmony device type into Smartthings so I could have control. Is this something that could be incorporated on a future release?

Hello Ku Ku and thank you for your reply. When you say I can call the harmony api by other system you mean I can use another app other than smart things? I’m still fairly new to the IOT so I’m learning as I go. For the commands you posted, would I use those in a browser on my network to control the Harmony Hub?

Just received my outlet with power meter. The trigger works like a charm and the TV status reflects correctly whether or not I turn it off via SmartThings, Google Home or the remote. Thanks again

1 Like

I have been struggling with this for months.
Has anyone had an issue with the Harmony Mobile Device App refusing to make a local connection? I have 3 hubs and 2 of them will only connect through the cloud. Kuku’s app replicates this behavior and only sees the hub which connect directly via the local LAN.
I can’t see any difference between the setup of the hub that connects locally compared to the hubs that would not connect locally. I could find 2 discussions on the Harmony forum where people have the same issue, but there’s not much of a solution provided.
My hub ID’s are static, assigned by my Mikrotik router using the hubs’ Mac addresses.
Edit: Some more info: I have noticed that immediately after a reboot of one of the problematic hubs, the KukuHarmony app discovers the hub, but soon afterwards (within 30 seconds) reports “Hub disconnected”, never to be seen again until after a further reboot.
I have also just realized that the hub which is only discoverable by KukuHarmony, is on a different Harmony account. It is the only hub in that account. The other two hubs which constantly drops off/are not discoverable, are on the same (but different) Harmony account. Surely that could not be the issue?
This is what happens after a reboot of a problematic hub: