[OBSOLETE] KuKuHarmony - DTH and SmartApp that support to control devices in Logitech Harmony(using Harmony-API)

Oh sorry I was wrong it’s not a media controller, what you have is right.

Did you get it to show up under Webcore, or are you not using it that way?

Added it in webcore as an actuator.

I can’t associate any smartapps with the DirecTv or TV. They don’t come up under any lists!

Nor are the apps able to control the devices. This is weird.

hmm, did you publish your DH’s when you added them?

I just reinstalled the DTHs…for some reason, the capabilities didn’t come though. Now actuator shows up on the list.

I can control the volume on the TV now. I’ll have to wait until the wife and daughter go to bed before trying out the SKIP FORWARD command.

It isn’t a media controller. Try actuator

Oh, it’s working now that I reloaded the DTH.

And the Piston works, too! I had to make the Custom1 setting the SKIP-FORWARD command, but it’s AWESOME!!! Thanks for the program, @KuKu, and thanks to there rest of you guys for your help! :smiley:

Screenshot_20180513-230127

3 Likes

I have read through the thread several times. After struggling I finally got this to work with my harmony hub.

My question is when I install my new 2nd hub. Will I have to do anything to get it discovered. Anything beyond the obvious setup in harmony itself.

Once I have it setup in harmony will it be discovered? Or do I need to run a command on my Pi3.

Thanks in advance.

Never mind I see it showed up when I went into the web page for the server.

Is there a way to change the AC DTH to show Fahrenheit vs Celsius?

Also if I was to try and edit the code to change button labels on say the TV or AC displays in the smarthings app would that be in the specific DTH for that device?

never mind, I am figuring it out. I see the slider is just a representation since my AC doesn’t report that value. So I got the DTH modified to show the range my window AC has and the F in the temp display.

I’m going to tinker some more and see if I can get the button labels to be what I want so they represent what the button is actually doing. Like “Jet” mode to just say “Cool”

@KuKu

I think you have touched on this before but I could not find it on the forum or in this thread.

I successfully used the Roboking DTh and mapped the commands my window AC unit has to the programmed choices and then modified the labels in the smartthings app to match.

I was attempting to do the same thing using the TV DTH. Which I can get to work except for the numbers 0-9. These are preset in the programming and seems you can not select another command to take their place. I was attempting to modify the DTH and set new values for the command in the code. I was totally guessing and of course having no luck.

Could you please let me know if it is even possible to do this? If so could I just get a hint of what direction to go? Would I need to expose them in the smart app to be able to reassign new values to them?

Also how would I figure out what the equivalent command for, say for the TV remotes down direction? I’ll tinker and figure out the rest.

I appreciate you app it is working great for me and I am just trying to push it to the limits to map my TV remote commands we use into smartthings.

Hi, I have a few devices that only support power toggle. I have metering plugs and the on/off state synchronises ok as shown by the status in smartthings. I have a smartthings routine for “all off” and my devices are set to be turned off in this routine. If a device is already off and this routine gets run, there is an IR command sent regardless, which turns the device on! Can this be fixed?

In other respects, this smartapp is great, thanks for sharing.

Yeah, not much talking on this thread. I am not sure about your issue.

My window unit has the same issue, I just haven’t had time to try and figure it out yet.

I know when I 1st got my harmony hub I had this issue with my TV. I had to go into the harmony app and select the power button option that said I had a on and a off button, even tho my TV has a power toggle button on the remote. I believe there are some other power option buried in the harmony hub setting too. Of course I have no idea how this works with this device type since it is not actually running a harmony activity.

If I get time my next days off I’ll play with my AC unit and see what I can figure out. If I find anything useful I’ll post back.

Great work on this @KuKu, truly outstanding.
The only thing I would ask is to make the ST app tiles blue, instead of green, to conform with SmartThings. Maybe in your next update?

1 Like

Hello,

Because there is no way to refresh each item,
page is reloaded automatically every some seconds.

Hello, @Joel_Groves

Would you check by replacing with below on/off code in your DTH source?

def on() {
    log.debug "child on()"

log.debug "on>> ${device.currentState("switch")?.value}"
    def currentState = device.currentState("switch")?.value

if (currentState == "on") {
        log.debug "Already turned on, skip ON command"
    } else {
        parent.command(this, "power-on")
        sendEvent(name: "switch", value: "on")

if (momentaryOn) {
            if (settings.momentaryOnDelay == null || settings.momentaryOnDelay == "" ) settings.momentaryOnDelay = 5
            log.debug "momentaryOnHandler() >> time : " + settings.momentaryOnDelay
            runIn(Integer.parseInt(settings.momentaryOnDelay), momentaryOnHandler, [overwrite: true])
        }
    }
}

def off() {
    log.debug "child off"    

log.debug "off>> ${device.currentState("switch")?.value}"
    def currentState = device.currentState("switch")?.value

if (currentState == "on") {
        parent.command(this, "power-off")
        sendEvent(name: "switch", value: "off")

} else {
        log.debug "Already turned off, skip OFF command"
    }
}

Thank you

1 Like

Hello @Alwas,

At first, woud you replace with below code if you want to change button’s color?

attributeState "on", label:'${name}', action: "switch.off", icon: "st.switches.switch.on", backgroundColor: **"#00A0DC"**, nextState: "turningOff"

attributeState "turningOn", label:'${name}', action:"switch.off", backgroundColor:"#00A0DC", icon: "st.switches.switch.off", nextState:"turningOff"

Thank you

1 Like

Thank you KuKu, my tiles are all blue now :slight_smile: