[OBSOLETE] KuKuHarmony - DTH and SmartApp that support to control devices in Logitech Harmony(using Harmony-API)

Yeah I had some trouble with the commands as well. Looks like the error when trying the git pull maybe? I just bypassed that and downloaded the files directly and moved on.

I was hoping you would say something like that about HousePanel. It just keeps getting better and better.

Thanks for the kind words about HousePanel. I’m working on the tile editor now… it’s whacky in its current form. Anyway on docker and KuKu the above error was when I ran the script/bootstrap script. The git pull step worked just fine.

Getting a “Permission Denied” error trying to docker search on raspberry pi. Anyone have any thoughts?

Try sudo before your command

1 Like

Yeah that was my own stupidity…fixed that

I’m very new to the SmartThings Community and I’ve been searching for an app like this…Thanks Kuku.

I do have a couple of questions hopefully someone can help:

1. i’m new to command line, but can hopefully figure this out. Anyone have somewhat detailed instructions they can share to get the Harmony API running on a OSX machine?

2. Does this integrate with actiontiles at all so I could have a volume up and down buttons that can control my receiver volume?

Thanks for any help—excited to become a part of this community!

Unfortunately the only thing you get in action tiles is on/off control

Thanks, I really wish there was a way to control volume of my receiver from action tiles. Anyone know a way to do that?

You might be able to mirror a virtual dimmer with your kuku device using a Webcore piston and control the virtual dimmer from AT

1 Like

^^What he said.

Or

Two Tile Buttons
One for Volume Up and another for Volume Down.
Use webCoRE to link

1 Like

I i wonder if anyone would be able to point me in the right direction i have followed the above instructions and got to the sudo script/bootstrap part. When i run the command i get the following error:

pi@raspberrypi:/opt/harmony-api $ sudo script/bootstrap
npm ERR! code 128
npm ERR! Command failed: /usr/bin/git clone --depth=1 -q -b for-harmony-api git://github.com/maddox/harmonyhubjs-client.git /root/.npm/_cacache/tmp/git-clone-9431f401
npm ERR! fatal: could not create leading directories of ‘/root/.npm/_cacache/tmp/git-clone-9431f401’: Permission denied
npm ERR!

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR! /root/.npm/_logs/2018-04-22T06_31_29_625Z-debug.log

would anyone be able to help me out?

couldn’t get it to work with windows :frowning:

Is there a way to have devices show (open and close) instead of (on and off)

Me neither. I’ve never used a Docker program before.

OK. I’m trying to figure this out from the beginning. I’m trying to run this from my Win7 PC which is on 24/7. I’ve downloaded Docker Toolbox, and figured out that the IP address needed in the SmartApp was the IP of my computer. However, it’s not discovering my hub. I found the config.json file, which has 192.168.99.100 as an IP address. Do I change that to my PC IP, or my Harmony Hub IP, or leave it as is?

I’ve never done Dockers before, but I’m willing to learn. Please help!

I got it running on my windows box without using docker. Just install node.js directly on your PC and run the Harmony API there.

I’m not sure I understand the mqtt functionality. I have moqsquitto (mqtt broker) running on a RPI along with harmony-api. But when i turn on/off a device through the hub, the ST app doesn’t change state.

The mqtt broker appears to be working, I testing pub/sub messages, but there aren’t any log files in my lib/harmony-api/log directory. Controlling the devices through the ST app works though.

@mebejedi Hi,

Did you entered IP with Port at SmartApp setting?

For example, if ip is 192.168.99.100,
you should input ‘192.168.99.100:8282’.

Thank you.

@JiggaHertz Hello,

I am not sure whether mqtt does works well with ST.
The device made by ‘KuKu Harmony’ could not synchronized with mqtt response.
Just synchronized by optional function ‘Plug’ and ‘Contact switch’ or ST app button push.

Thank you.

I’m stuck on Step 3. It’s not recognizing the command. Please keep in mind, I’ve never used this particular software before.

Also, in regards to the config.json file:

{
“enableHTTPserver”: true,
“mqtt_host”: “mqtt://127.0.0.1”,
“topic_namespace”: “harmony-api”,
“mqtt_options”: {
“port”: 1883,
“username”: “someuser”,
“password”: “somepassword”,
“rejectUnauthorized”: false
}
}

I’ve seen many mentions of mqtt. Is that something I’m supposed to be running as well?