[OBSOLETE] KuKuHarmony - DTH and SmartApp that support to control devices in Logitech Harmony(using Harmony-API)

Just so you know
Windows 10 Pro
Version 1703
Build 15063.936

Looks like your build is newer so we should be good to go on that.

Give me a little while, I actually need to get some work done. I will login into the pc and start a new file from scratch and actually type it up on my machine. Give me about an hour and I will get back to you.

I do agree, we are so close and will get it working, I know it is probably something small and stupid holding it up.

Ok. I’m doing the same thing (working while playing lol). The nice thing is that I work from home. :wink:

Yeah, I wish I was that lucky.

Double-edged sword. On one hand, I have a lot of freedom. On the other, I don’t get to call out sick and my human relations are less than optimal. But, I’m not catching the flu either, so there’s that.

1 Like

Good Lord, retyped it still same issue

Unexpected token in JSON at position 3

You know whats really funny, I have spent all this time trying to get this to work and I don’t even know what i am going to use it for or do with it. With the Sonos api it gives you the ability to do what harmony will not. Whit my activities already imported and Alexa handling everything else, I am stumpped. What are you doing with is?

I use it to trigger individual devices (like my living room fireplace, which is IR controlled only) and to turn on and off individual components (like my soundbar in my office that gets fussy sometimes). I also use it with an IR fan in my bedroom and my Bluetooth controlled printer in my office (Alexa, turn on/off the Office printer). Basically, I have all my individual devices set up as things in ST and that way I have full voice control over them. It also comes in handy when Harmony misses turning on or off some devices (like when an Activity gets out of sync).

I actually thought the same thing as you at first, but then I started really playing with it and realized it gave me much more granular control over my devices. Mind you, I also have my Vizio TVs setup directly with Alexa as well. I figure, the more control, the better.

It’s got to be the file. If the original one works, but a new one doesn’t, then it’s something to do with the file itself. Encoding maybe? I’m wondering if maybe trying a different editor might even work. Hell, copy con from a cmd console? LOL

I will take a look at home around 5:30. What should the coding be, I think it was ANSI or something like that.

ANSI, but I do nearly everything in UTF8. If you can, download something like VS.Code, Notepad2, or Vim (my personal fave for any OS). I should be around later if you want to msg me. I have to get ready for a new aquarium that’s coming tomorrow, but I’ll have my phone on me.

1 Like

@Core_Phx

I GOT IT!!! We both missed what the issue was. Look below do you see anything out of the ordinary? It took me and hour to find it, LOL. This is why I don’t write code.

Look at the 1st IP address I noticed earlier that the .1. was missing. But that was not the error believe it or not. It was the 170.

One stupid little (.) is all it took to mess the whole thing up. We are running like a champ now, humming along on windows 10. I have a powerful machine so I don’t forsee any stability issues, but only time will tell.

{
“enableHTTPserver”: true,
“hubs”: [
{ “name”:“Living Room”, “ip”:“192.168.170.” },
{ “name”:“Bedroom”, “ip”:“192.168.1.167” },
{ “name”:“Guest Room”, “ip”:“192.168.1.207” }
]
}

1 Like

@eibyer, I got mine up and running if you have questions.

2 Likes

I was wondering how to control my TVs beyond off and on. Can you tell me how you did that? I have an Alexa and WebCore setup.

I will definitely ping you. Sounds like a weekend project :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you serious?! AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!! Well, at least you are up and running finally. Can you send that project to @KuKu so he can include it in the first post?

Awesome work. Glad you have it working.

Alexa won’t see the devices as anything other than switches.

You mentioned webCoRE. If I’m not mistaken, KuKu exposes the various device functions to pistons (@KuKu, correct me if I’m wrong here). From there, you should be able to program some more advanced features into your pistons and also allow for triggering pistons. I’ve not done that (I haven’t had a need yet), but I’m sure there are people on the webCoRE boards that have.

Another option is to install either AskAlexa or Echosistant. They are both VERY robust in terms of additional control of devices from Alexa. If you get stuck, @MichaelS is one of the very best when it comes to supporting AskAlexa. If you want to go the Echosistant route, @bamarayne is the guy to talk to.

You can also add additional control (if you have a single Harmony Hub) by linking the Harmony skill (I think it’s the blue one). That will allow you to tell Alexa “Alexa, tell Harmony to tune to channel 1” and such. It’s not quite as good, but it does work. I use it with my Google Home to control the volume and play/pause features (and also my Alexa, but GH is winning me over again).

In the end, no single DTH or smartapp is going to solve anything, but together, you have an ecosystem. :slight_smile:

Windows? Yeah, set aside at least 2 weeks. LOL (I kid).

I think that now we know the pitfalls and such, it should take no more than 10-15 minutes to get set up. @jasonrwise77 should be an expert now. :wink:

Thanks for the shout out…Actually, Echosistant is being shelved and Ask Alexa will be merging in some of the features of the unreleased version 5. Read about it here:

As for the device mentioned here, I have never looked at them, but depending on the function I am betting Ask Alexa can already (or could be improved) to utilize them. If they are already exposed to WebCoRE, however, Ask Alexa can be used to trigger WebCore functions as well.

Again, thanks for the shout out and kind words!

2 Likes

@Core_Phx Thanks for all your help, could not have done it with out you.

@KuKu Here is the link to the API that worked for me and below is the config files that works as well. Using a docker container on windows is dang near impossible. For this api all I did was
Npm Install
node app.js
And I was up and running. I don’t know if forever is included in this, I use a program called Always up, link below for that as well. I hope this helps as I know a bunch of people were having issues.

https://www.coretechnologies.com/products/AlwaysUp/

{
“enableHTTPserver”: true,
“hubs”: [
{ “name”:“Living Room”, “ip”:“192.168.1.170” },
{ “name”:“Bedroom”, “ip”:“192.168.1.167” },
{ “name”:“Guest Room”, “ip”:“192.168.1.207” }
]
}

2 Likes

@Core_Phx Does the monitor for device status work for you? I am a little confused, if I use a contact will the TV turn on and off on open and close, LOL?

1 Like

Brilliant, why can’t the official integration work like this!?

1 Like