[RELEASE] Konnected Security 2.0 - Connect Wired Alarm System Sensors and Siren to SmartThings - big update and new name!

dth_security
smartapp_security
esp8266
project_security
project_sensors

Forgive my ignorance. I’m now reading about the shards, what I had no idea what they were until 5 minutes ago. When I go to the link you posted (account.smartthings …) it redirects me to graph-na04-useast2.api.smartthings.com …, which I guess is my current shard. So, I’m bookmarking the first link, so it redirects me all the time to whatever it decides too and I think It will be safe that way.
But things are now getting worse. Yesterday I installed the “new smartthings” phone app (the one with the star/web icon, not the circle with blue ribbon) and now I have 2 homes! weird.
Maybe this is all related to the fact that I have a Samsung account and a ST account, although I only use the first one, the ST one doesn’t show a home nor a hub.
Thanks, I keep experimenting with this.

(Dan) #547

The new “SmartThings” app (used to be the Samsung Connect app) is not ready for existing SmartThings customers to use. Eventually, you will be migrated to the new platform. For now, keep using the “SmartThings Classic” app. If things are messed up in your account, please contact support@smatthings.com to have them get things sorted out.

Can’t get it working for Garage door opener. As soon as I connect the wire to the wall switch terminal on the opener, door opens. I have set it up as Momentary switch on PIN D2. What am I doing wrong?

(MacTechGenius) #549

Did you wire to the normally closed port on the relay? Try the normally open one.

I’ve wired the normal open one

(Apexdestroyer13) #551

Have you tested the voltage change at the garage door opener during a trigger from your push button on the wall? Could be that a negative voltage is what triggers it to activate.
Test it with a multimeter first and then try it as normally closed if required.

(Dan) #552

What type of garage door opener do you have? Newer openers sometimes require a different signal than a traditional momentary dry contact closure. Is your garage door wall switch a simple ‘doorbell-style’ button, or a more complicated wall mounted controller?

(Apexdestroyer13) #553

Didn’t think about this but @ogiewon is right. If it is a newer opener, it may be a little more complicated but do-able. Check out this Konnected.io forum post.
https://help.konnected.io/support/discussions/topics/32000001087

(MacTechGenius) #554

I have a newer one opener button & the screen turns off whenever I open the garage with ST. Hopefully I am no damaging anything

(Apexdestroyer13) #555

@kamran
Post a picture or the make and model

(MacTechGenius) #556

I made this video a few years ago: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dWVh_m1ZjoI

The garage door openers are the same but I replaced the Evolve LFM-20 with a Mimo since those stopped working.

Got it going. Jumper on the relay was set to low, changed to high all good now. Thanks everyone.

(MacTechGenius) #559

Is it possible to make the panic button…a push button? Want to use it on a push button (like a doorbell).

Also, do firmware updates happen automatically? Or only when requested in the settings? I want to remove the pullup resistor in the application.lau but don’t want it be overwritten.

Thanks

(Jerry Martin) #560

Wondering if anyone has seen this. When I try to add a new NodeMCU, or even just edit the pin assignments of a perfectly working board inside the app, I get a red banner with “An unexpected error has occurred”. In the SmartThings IDE Live Logging I see this entry:

java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property ‘mac’ on null object @line 318 (doCall)

I updated everything from the Repo and even flashed a new NodeMCU. Same results. Not sure where to go next. Any help would be appreciated!

I’m getting a similar problem, except that the text in the Live logging says “physicalgraph.exception.ConflictException: Device still in use. Remove from any SmartApps or Dashboards, then try again”. I’m defining a new pin, so I don’t understand how it might be ‘in use’. Also, if I try to rename a pin in the smartapp Konnected configuration, I get the error, but I try it on the ‘Things’ page, then I can. No explanation yet.

(Allan) #562

You can use any input with a custom routine in SHM to turn on the siren, turn on lights, etc. In Konnected setup a input as a Open/Closed sensor then in the SHM custom rule say when the input Closes Alert with siren, lights, etc. Should do what you want.

(Apexdestroyer13) #563

I would recommend just setting up the button as a “switch” in Konnected so that you can turn it on with a push and turn it off with a push.
I have a virtual button/switch set up in SmartThings that trigger the siren. I also can turn off the siren away from home. I have this virtual button as a tile in ActionTiles on my mounted tablet but you could hardwire a doorbell button or search for a z-wave/zigbee wireless button. Basically, just a button that triggers an event or thing or routine within SmartThings.

This might be a stupid question but is it absolutely safe to leave it connected to the Garage Door motor. I mean is there any chance of cables shorting, spark or anything like that?

(MacTechGenius) #565

It doesn’t seem to work as a switch…it is normally open as a contact sensor and switches to close when it is pushed. As a switch nothing happens.

(Apexdestroyer13) #566

Needs some specs and info on the push button. How does it function?