[OBSOLETE: NEWER VERSION AVAILABLE] Konnected Security 2.0 - Connect Wired Alarm System Sensors and Siren to SmartThings - big update and new name!

yes I did, also tested all pins on buzzer and it works. Tried to jumper a pin to ground to simulate a switch and nothing changed.

tried deleting all the device handlers and installed by copy pasting the code from github instead of updating from github and they add fine but still do not update for open/close.

I am running a mesh network with netgear Orbi routers, could this be my issue?

Thanks

It really sounds like an OAuth issue, not a local network issue. Could you follow the guidelines here to connect the device to your computer. Please post the output from Esplorer when the device boots and when you simulate a sensor open/close.
https://docs.konnected.io/security-alarm-system/troubleshooting/serial-debugging/

Thanks I will do this and paste the result.

I have managed to get an open/close to register in the smartthings app now after manually pasting in the handler code but the sensor has to remain open or closed for 5 or so minutes for it to register. Progress?

Derek,

Did your Konnected problems happen to start around the same time you implemented the mesh router/WiFi configuration?

NodeMCU 1.5.4.1
Konnected Security 2.0.5
build 20170825 powered by Lua 5.1.4 on SDK 1.5.4.1(39cb9a32)
Heap: 41464 Initializing Konnected
Heap: 37248 Version: 2.1.0
Heap: 35496 Connecting to Wifi…

Heap: 39632 Wifi connected with IP: 192.168.1.48 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.1
Heap: 36048 UPnP: Listening for UPnP discovery
Heap: 35632 HTTP: Starting server at http://192.168.1.48:17163
Heap: 35280 Loaded: server
Heap: 31888 Initializing sensor pin: 1
Heap: 31840 Initializing actuator pin: 8 Trigger: 1
Heap: 31632 Loaded: application
HTTP client: Disconnected with error: -11
HTTP client: Connection timeout
HTTP client: Connection timeout

ets Jan 8 2013,rst cause:2, boot mode:(3,6)

load 0x40100000, len 24580, room 16
tail 4
chksum 0xa2
load 0x3ffe8000, len 2268, room 4
tail 8
chksum 0x7d
load 0x3ffe88dc, len 136, room 0
tail 8
chksum 0x89
csum 0x89
„ãìe‚'ä“{Ãóo<äl dld`Äã;›$ŒdŒþ

When I connect as you posted it outputs this over and over like it is resetting and rebooting?

I had the mesh routers before I set up Konnected so I have never been able to use it without mesh.

How about this… Can you disable (i.e. unplug) the extra mesh access points so you only have the main router station active? If the ESP8266 is close enough to connect, it would be interesting to see if it would stay connected and start working. Just an idea for troubleshooting…:slight_smile:

Ah, oh I have seen this issue before. The dreaded Disconnected with error: -11 :scream:

Every time I’ve seen this it was caused by a cable modem that was provide by a cable company. Do you have one of those? I know this sounds crazy, but I don’t actually know what exactly the problem is. It is some low-level HTTP or TLS error that only affects an estimated 1% of people out there with some cable modems. The fix is pretty simple but annoying: replace your cable modem.

Sorry.

haha ok that sucks! I do have a cable modem. Is it specific to the modem or if I get a new one from my isp it could potentially fix it? Thanks so much everyone for helping I really appreciate it!

It doesn’t seem to be a specific modem brand or model. I’ve had customers who have had the cable company replace it with the exact same model and the new one works. Ask them to replace it with the latest model. Or if you’re paying a modem lease fee it’s better in the long term to buy your own anyway.

Wow that’s odd. I never would have thought that it was the modem.

@dsMayo what part of the world are you in? I have a DOCSIS 3.0 Surfboard cable modem for cheap that I used for about a year.

1 Like

Thanks Apexdestroyer13 but I am in Northern Canada, my isp (shaw) gives me a modem with my internet plan.

First, I’d like to reiterate what so many have said—this build and integration is awesome! I successfully flashed, uploaded and integrated a new board, but I’m having trouble upgrading my original board (from v1), specifically with the wifi step. I’ve successfully flashed the current firmware and uploaded the src files (after formatting). The system broadcasts the wifi signal, but when I connect and go to 192.168.4.1, it does not load properly. It reads as something like:

¿½+fhYenduser_setup.html�V�n�0�͞�[5MÚš%@`�¤e�ZÚ•Z�g��u�,6 ï¿

I have tried multiple browsers, devices, firmware. I have also formatted/re-uploaded several times. The same exact procedure worked perfectly on my first system.

NodeMCU 1.5.4.1
    Konnected Security 2.0
     build 20170712 powered by Lua 5.1.4 on SDK 1.5.4.1(39cb9a32)
    Heap: 	39912	Initializing Konnected
    Heap: 	35536	Version: 	2.1.2
    Heap: 	33848	Connecting to Wifi..
    Heap: 	33408	WiFi not configured
    Heap: 	33376	Entering Wifi setup mode
    Heap: 	21808	WiFi Setup started

Thanks in addvance.

When you use your old PIRs, is there any sort of anti-tamper protection with Konnected?

Not yet. You’ll have to just leave your tamper cables disconnected for now. At least that’s what I did.

Hi Nate,
I need some assistance. My konnected panel suddenly disconnected from my network today. I did not make any changes and it had been connected within the hour before it went offline. My router is next to it and typically it is at 80-90% connection strength. I’ve manually pulled the power to reboot. I also rebooted my router, but the konnected panel is still blinking blue. The app just gives me the webpage not available message.

After being disconnected a couple of hours, the alarm suddenly sounded randomly. I had to pull the power to stop the siren, since it was still disconnected from my network.

Has anyone experienced this problem and have any possible solutions?

Not yet.

Does that mean it is on the ’ to do ’ list?

Why wouldn’t you just connect all tamper wires in series and wire to another pin on the board? It’s just like any other open/close switch - if the tamper wires get cut then it opens the switch and it goes off. All it would need on ST side is to monitor that sensor even in Home mode.

Hey Nate,
Just wanted to give you some props. I had opened a ticket for this issue on your site as well. My ticket read pretty much the same as my post. I got a reply from you that you were sending me a new unit. I was really pleasantly surprised. I thought this would be a support issue where I would be walked through the steps of trying to fix it on my end, which is usually what happens before most other companies would issue a replacement. I’m assuming that you could tell from my description that it was a hardware problem and didn’t need to go through all that with me. Most other companies would have spent several days having me troubleshoot before taking this step. Since this is a security issue for my house, I’m really glad that you are so on top of it! This was by far the fastest and best customer support I’ve ever received on a product.

Thanks so much!

6 Likes