[OBSOLETE: NEWER VERSION AVAILABLE] Konnected Security 2.0 - Connect Wired Alarm System Sensors and Siren to SmartThings - big update and new name!

Both are 2.4ghz thats your problem. I had the same issue, you can try changing wifi channels but your best bet is to position the ESP further way from your garage door opener. A metal shield between the opener antenna and the ESP could also help.

@tyler - the ESP is powered directly from the 24v supply of the garage door opener.

@david_van - it will be tricky to move as there is a lot of cabling. I may try a metal shield to see if it helps.

1 Like

Woooosh.

And it’s “lose”, dude.

This is awesome and I have implemented everything except my motion sensors are wireless. I have a Ademco Vista 20p. How do you implement wireless motion sensors?

Sorry Paul, it doesn’t work with the old RF wireless sensors. Your best option is to replace them with Z-wave or Zigbee capable motion sensors.

Thanks Nate, once again this is an awesome solution. It was depressing having the alarm system sitting there collecting dust. Now I have complete control of my home. This combined with SmartThings and Alexa is the ultimate in home automation. It was a lot of fun getting it up and running. I actually made a big mistake of connecting the NodeMCU ESP8266 to 110V and it promptly started smoking but guess what, it still works even after that. These boards must be well made.

After a recent power outage, I can’t seem to connect to the device anymore.

I noticed that it was back to blinking the blue LED and broadcasting its konnected-security_XXXXX wifi signal, so I though I just needed to re-setup the wifi. However, when I connect and try to go to the 192.168.4.1 page, it won’t connect using either my phone or PC?

It had been working great before the power outage. Any thoughts?

@lightiv Yikes! Be careful with that 110 bro!

@SpiritTamer
I had a similar problem. @heythisisnate sent me some instructions on reflashing. Worked like a charm.
Try formatting the device with the following method. You have to do it quickly before the application initializes:

1. in ESPlorer, with the device connected, click the “Format” button. A confirmation dialog will pop up. don’t click Yes just yet.
  2. now press the small “RST” button on the device itself (next to the USB port)
  3. immediately after pressing RST, click “Yes” on the confirmation dialog to re-format the device

This should successfully format the device so you can re-flash and re-upload the latest software.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply! I was able to RST the device and re-flash the firmware (or at least PyFlasher verified the hash). But, now when I try to upload the src files, I’m getting an error that looks like the firmware won’t take…

PORT OPEN 115200

Communication with MCU..Got answer! Communication with MCU established.
AutoDetect firmware...

Can't autodetect firmware, because proper answer not received (may be unknown firmware). 
Please, reset module or continue.
ÄbŒóogŸl'oÜãì#xŒ�l{l{$‚{û›oà#ão#x

I have been struggling with my Konnected for a few months and spent the morning today for the 5th time ripping everything apart and re-doing it all. I have narrowed my issue down to my pins on my nodemcu not updating. Even if I jumper a D-pin to ground it does not update my open/closed status it just always says closed. I have changed NO and NC settings and still nothing. I re-uploaded everything to my board along with all the src files and set up a whole different nodemcu and had the same issue. I have checked my wiring and confirmed my physical open/close switches with a multimeter. I feel like I am missing something simple but I am at a complete loss and have been considering just abandoning my konnected setup. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

I just wanted to add that output to a buzzer works.

@dsMayo
Is it all of the pins or just certain ones?
Were you able to successfully (completely) format the board? (you have to do this part quickly)
Did you accidentally cross voltage between any pins?

Maybe try to update the device handlers from repo or reinstall the app.

@dsMayo it sounds like your OAuth token is out of sync, so SmartThings is rejecting the status updates from the device. Try deleting and re-installing the Konnected SmartApps following this guide:

@SpiritTamer make sure you are quick when following the formatting steps. I had to do this twice because I didn’t do it fast enough.
Try formatting again and reset module.

Toggle the RTS button in ESPlorer and it should get past this error.

Thanks I actually stumbled on that video this morning and did just that. I even made a new smartthings account and re-installed everything but still not working. This is what my smartapps screen shows

Thanks, it is all pins. I have tried formatting the board in the past but I guess it is worth another shot.

I disconnected all wiring except for one open/close sensor and my buzzer just to make sure nothing was crossed and I also tried reinstalling everything from the beginning.

I’m working on a keypad that integrates with Konnected.
Check out my progress so far.
I know my video is not as professional as @heythisisnate’s but I did my best.

3 Likes

Did you try Nate’s suggestion of reinstalling the Konnected App and reconfig the OAuth?
If the buzzer works, you could try to assign another pin to the buzzer handler and see if that works. If it does you could try and remove all of the device handlers and re-add them.

Can you connect a pin directly to a ground pin using a jumper? Does that show as open/closed when you remove it?
Do you have a multimeter? You can try and test the pins to see if this is a hardware issue.