[OBSOLETE] Keypad Coordinator - Bring out the power of your Keypads

I’ll need to sit down and work with you to make this keypad work with the app. When would be good with you?

1 Like

Hi Mike,
Since you are wanting to use your keypad for your security setup, I can not recommend this app. It is really designed more for general use. I didn’t not mask any of the entry codes or anything, so your PIN would be able to be seen in the logs, and I’m honestly not sure how secure it is.

I can recommend this app by a fellow developer…

I’m pretty open tomorrow. Just send me a PM with some times that work for you. Thanks so much!

1 Like

How hard would it be to mask code entries?

1 Like

I’m not sure, but I’ll look into what it takes.

1 Like

hello again, I have installed these apps, but all of a sudden my keypad device is unavailable, been like that for 12 hours now. what are the exact instructions people followed to include this into smart things and have it fully working?

I’d try to reset your device. Delete it, re add it.

Did you recently move the keypad to a perminant location after initial pairing? How strong is your zigbee mesh?
It is very unlikely the smartapp causing issues, more likely the device or the DTH, hence I suggest delete and re add

That will be really cool to have this feature

Ok, I’ll get that put in

1 Like

@bamarayne
Jason, can you add functionality to the run a virtual button press with code entry?

Doing that allows using webcore for routines without having to make a whole bunch of smartthings routine shortcuts.
It’s an alternative.
Further, i don’t know if there’s some collaboration with @ady624 possible, but if direct webcore integration is possible it’d eliminate the need for a bunch of virtual buttons or ST routines and it could be seriously awesome.

I did the following to illustrate where/functionally I’m talking about:

For the virtual buttons you can create a virtual button in the ide. Then tie that to the app and to WC.

Is that what you mean?

I’ll look into the WebCoRE integration.

2 Likes

Exactly. There’s single virtual button, there’s also a virtual minimote with buttons 1-4 press, buttons 1-4 held as individual buttons. That thing could serve as a connection between KC and WC

I edited the DTH to display the function on each tile from the original, but this 8 Button virtual device could be a great 1 stop bridge to trigger WC pistons and not take a stupid number of virtual devices in the things list.

Original:

My edited version:

1 Like

@ady624
Look back a few posts to my suggestion about creating a bridge to WC.

This smartapp could really work well with WC.
What do you think Adrian?
Team work? :slightly_smiling_face:

I am open :wink:

1 Like

Sounds great… As soon as I can get a few minutes I’ll get all of that working.

1 Like

Hello, I wanted to ask about features and see if this would work for me(perhaps combined with other apps if necessary).

• I would like to be able to leave my house and the alarm activate from my mobile presence or by turning the alarm on from the keypad. If turned on from the keypad, there be a 30 sec delay from me arming it to the system actually being armed with an “Exit chime”
  • I would like to be able to either A) Disarm the system remotely from mobile presence or B) Open the front door(by electronic Schlage keypad lock) and the alarm either disarm upon front door successful PIN entry or the alarm allow a 30 second “entry chime” to give me time to get to the keypad to disarm the entire system.

Pretty sure the mobile presence is built into the ST app, but not sure if this can all be achieved easily so the system will function like a normal home alarm system with the ST automation as an added bonus. Thanks in advance for your guidance and assistance!

1 Like

Hey y’all, just want you to know I have not forgotten. Between work and the flu I’ve not had time to do very much.

Sorry for the delay.

Hey there!

This part is already built into the app. But you should know that the codes are not masked at this time.

This also is sort of built in to ST… Sort of. If you create a rule disarming SHM with the link keypad I recommend you wait 5 - 10 seconds before opening the door to ensure that SHM has time to disarm.

You can also accomplish this and the thirty second entry delay by using welcome for the rule making and using a virtual device that would be monitored by SHM.

Great thank you. I’ll install it tomorrow and see if I can get it working. Glad that you responded so I know support exists :smile:

Yes, support definitely exist. Just very tied up with the boring real job.