[OBSOLETE] Keenect V1.2.0, optional separate vo settings for cooling, vent obstruction auto clear

been there a few times love the area.

suggestion. Any way to get keenect to send a notification if one of the vents shows obstructed?

1 Like

Probably, wouldn’t this be possible right now using rm?, I’ll see what event they throw…

1 Like

Here is what it throws I am not sure how to have a rule show that. Maybe if switch state is not on or off then push notification?

Expert should do it…right @Mike_Maxwell ? Actually I don’t see how…

Yea, expert supports custom commands, not custom attributes… @keltymd, what to you do after the vent reports obstructed? What “fixes” it?

just power cycling it. I press the button in the DH to turn it off and back on. I dont think its a vent issue because I went for a long time without it happening using Keens new DH then after the latest ST issue it is happening a few times a day to different vents.

Yup same here, but I use the same device type I installed the first time and it only happens to a couple of vents. Flipping them on/off seems to “unstuck” them…

Flipping on and off could be automatically run from keenect when it received the blocked event (pretty sure), is it on/off or off/on or just toggling it that sorts it?

just toggling it. it is just a matter of making it do a full open/close to fix it. I think it it just not able to see where it is so it throws the error.

1 Like

keenectZone 1.2.0
2016-04-02 Added vent obstruction auto clear bits
2016-04-01 Fixed bug “no data available” when cooling and offset set to 0
2016-03-27 Added optional support for separate cooling VO’s

Keep in mind that the auto vent clear calls a built in method on the vent, this method includes several commands that are separated by the delayBetween method that is currently broken on the platform side.
So the vent should reset, but it’s not likely to run the additional commands that keen intended.
AFAIK, the delayBetween issue is supposed to be patched early next week.

Just installed Keenect and four vents this morning. Something’s not right, though. The first thing that I noticed when installing and configuring the App I keep getting “an unexpected error has occurred” when I hit “Done” at the top level of the App. The error that shows up in the log is “java.lang.NumberFormatException @ line 68”. I also see “No data available yet” for Keenect in the App under Versions. My Keenect configuration is “heat only”. I have a Nest thermostat. I have the latest releases of both components of the App.

Also, my heater has gone through several cycles yet in the Last results report everything says “No data available yet”. So, I’m thinking that something didn’t install correctly. @Mike_Maxwell, any thoughts?

This happens with nests that do not report the heating set point to st. Check the heating set point values in the nest device in the ide as well as the application state for keenect, the values should be seen in each case. Also check the set point of the thermostat in the mobile app.

Not sure I yet understand all the nuances of the Nest, but I did get it to report the heating set point by toggling home/away. I can see that event in both the recent activity for the device in the ST app, and the IDE page for the device. I’m still seeing “no data available” in Keenect, though. And I still get the java exception that’s causing the red bar of death.

can you post a screen shot of the application state for keenect?
ide, my locations, smartapps, then keenect…
this is the section I’m interested in…

My app state is somewhat more… abbreviated. That’s probably not good. What do you think? Tear it all out and start over?

interesting and bizarre and the first time I’ve seen this.
Yea, uninstall keenect and rebuild it, would be the quickest route.
After installing keenect (before creating the zones), select the nest and be sure before creating the zones that your app state is initialized similar to mine.

Installation appears to fail because of the java exception I noted back in my initial post. I can’t get out of the App with “Done”, and when I use the back arrow to get out and then go look at the Application State in the IDE, it says “None”. Yeah, really. “None.”

Based on a quick look at the code, the java exception appears to be related to the fact that I’ve selected “heat only”.

I have a heat only system, and it doesn’t do this.
The issue here is that the nest isn’t updating st with its set point.
When you go into the nest device in ST, is the heating set point set there?
If you look at the device detail in the ide for the nest, do you see anything like this in the Current States?

I can trap the NPE in the app, but that’s not going to make keenect work…

Similar data, but definitely not the same. I’m using the “Nest Thermostat (MultiTile)” DTH. Perhaps I should reconfigure with the official (or some other) type?