[OBSOLETE] Keenect V1.2.0, optional separate vo settings for cooling, vent obstruction auto clear

I had issues as my vents were in the main duct in the ceiling in my basement and the smart things hub was on other side of house in family room on first floor probably 35’ away. I think the metal main duct itself was the main reception issue. Installed Hue White bulb connected directly to ST in ZHA mode as repeater in utility closet 10’ from vents and have had no communication issues since.

How can i reduce the temperature and pressure reporting in my activity log to around once ever 30 minutes?

edit the device handler and set it to 1800

Find the two send me a report lines in the configure method shown below.
The 300 is minimum report time in seconds, 600 is maximum report time in seconds, change both of these to the desired values.

Temperature: 0x0402
"zcl global send-me-a-report 0x0402 0 0x29 300 600 {3200}", “delay 200”

Pressure:0x0403
"zcl global send-me-a-report 0x0403 0x20 0x22 300 600 {01F400}", “delay 200”

Oh, i kept looking in your code but i forgot i need to get the code from

1 Like

I was wondering how you set up your rule in rule machine? I can’t find any action that triggers a nest temperature update. Thanks!

you have the edit your Nest device handler if it does not have

Capability “Actuator”

Once that is there at the bottom of rule machine is the option to create a Custom Command

Add a new command refresh ()

After that it will be listed in custom commands under actions when you create a rule. I used the polling of one of my vents to trigger the refresh of the thermostat

1 Like

Hello, I was wondering if you could share your secret to modifying the Iris device type to report decimals. I have modified my code and it seems to report decimals when I refresh it but when it updates periodically, it only has whole numbers…

Thanks!

Hey — quick question

I had this app setup before in the beta but life took over type of thing. Anyways, I’m back at it and when setting things up — looking in the configuration it says cooling offset is 74, even though it is set to 0. I’ve checked to make sure I’m using the most up to date code and I am. Below is the log when saving the zone:

8:40:01 PM: debug Updated with settings: [logLevel:30, coolOffset:0, zoneControlType:offset, tempSensors:ecobee3:Living Room, heatOffset:0, staticHSP:70, vents:[Dining Room Vent, Living Room Vent], quickRecovery:false, ventCloseWait:-1, minVo:15, staticCSP:74, maxVo:100, sendEventsToNotifications:false]

Looking at that, it seems the offset is set to 0. I guess I’m really asking is if it says it there can I just chalk it up to some display oddness in my app?

Thanks!

Does anyone know of a Smartthings compatible vent that comes in 8x10?

There are two zone control types, static and offset. You selected offset, so the staticCSP value of 74 won’t be used. Are you saying your seeing 74 as the cooling offset in the ui when zone control type is set to offset?

Yes, this is what is showing in the configuration.

Did you just do an update of the software?, there was at least one beta version that wasn’t upgradable. I would uninstall keenect and reinstall, let me know.

I did delete the app completely, but updated from github. I’ll completely remove it again and just use the old copy/paste method of installing the app and report back on what happens.

hmmm, cut and paste shouldn’t be required.
Has keenect run through a full cycle yet?
Also can you post a screen shot of the app config (not the configuration report)?, this could just be an issue of the configuration report showing the incorrect information, which wouldn’t effect the zone functionality.

Here is a screenshot of the configuration for the zone. There isn’t a cycle report for the current installation as I uninstalled/reinstalled after the last cycle trying to figure it out and my system hasn’t kicked on again due to some wacky weather. If it is just a display thing, no big deal. That can easily be lived with.

Edit: I’ve also tried changing the offset up and down for both heating and cooling. The heating offset works as expected, but the cooling one still displays 74.

yea, ok appears to be a display bug in the ac section of the configuration report.
Should be an easy fix, the display issue won’t effect the zone control.

Yup, it was a configuration reporting bug, thanks for pointing this out.
I’ve pushed an update for this:

keenectZone 1.1.0c 2016-03-22	fixed configuration reporting bug for AC zone set points

Just updated and everything looks fine now. Thanks for fixing this so quickly, greatly appreciated!

1 Like

So got all my zones setup but now looking in live logging I see the following:

Zone temp is 71.06°F, cooling setpoint of No data available yet. is not met, vents at 100%