[OBSOLETE] Keenect V1.2.0, optional separate vo settings for cooling, vent obstruction auto clear

You did pull down and publish the most current versions from the git repo into the ide correct? If you can verify the versions you have in the ide are correct, let’s start there.

@Mike_Maxwell not sure if you are developing the app any more

Love to see the following two options to enhance the working, if you agree

1. Close vents in room x% if Windows open
  2. Set room temp differential if presence sensed. If room is occupied set a lower threshold

Let me know if it makes sense

Thanks

Close vents if windows open (via contact sensor) will be in the next release, though I wasn’t planning on making the % opening adjustable, they will just close all the way. Would you ever actually want them open at all under these circumstances?
The occupancy can kind of be dealt with if you use the zone disable switch, but it doesn’t account for temp changes. I’ll think about this.

1 Like

Mike,

thanks… Guess, close will work if window is open.

Looking forward to the next release…

thanks

-d

I got around this request by having my HVAC shut off if ANY window was opened, then back to auto mode when ALL were closed. Not sure if that would work in your case, but…

It may affect the battery life, but comfort in my home is more important. WAF and all…

Yea, that’s what I have setup using thermostat mode director. But there’s cases in my house where in order to meet WAF, we must allow folks to open windows if the room is too hot…, and then we must keep the heat on in other areas…

2 Likes

Good afternoon Mike & others,
I am new to this game and I apologize for what my be noob questions. I have read through the thread and wanted to verify a few things because I feel that this may be the solution I am looking for.

I have an single Ecobee3 with 3x remote sensors- all in different rooms
Master Bedroom
Living Room
Child Bedroom

I have 10x Keen air vents in different rooms of my home
Master Bedroom
Master Closet (door open always to Master Bedroom)
Master Bath
Living Room
Kitchen
Dining Room
Child Bedroom
Guest Bedroom
Basement Theater
Basement Office

I have 1x Aeon 6 multi sensor I have been playing with, but plan to purchase additional motion/temp sensors- looking at either more Aeon, ST or Iris Motion/Temp sensors for the rooms without remote sensors.

My house has 2 floors. Basement and Main Floor
Basement right now gets pretty damn cold since the vents are not installed (waiting 2 weeks for new duct sleve to be created)

I am looking to create 2 zones-
Basement and Main Floor

I have 3 rooms on the main floor that I would like to control with a single temp/motion sensor (house is pretty open concept in this area). May add more motion at some point.
There are 3 bedrooms that are closed off that would have dedicated sensors for temp and motion, also on the main floor.
Finally there is a bathroom that will have its on dedicated motion and temp, and a closet that would also be attached to one of the bedroom sensors (Master Closet/Master Bedroom).

On the Main Floor I am looking to have much better automation to keep all rooms as stable as possible, opening and closing vents to make sure the warmer or cooler rooms are stabilized for temp.

Lastly the Basement would remain relatively closed off until motion is detected. My major goal here is to only heat/cool when someone is in these locations. Almost like their temp sensors are ignored as a whole (keeping vents open a small amount for just basic conditioning) but once motion is detected those temp sensors are fully included in the overall temp of the house and vents are closed on the Main Floor and opened fully in the basement.

I have been playing with the Yves ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule program and I think it could work as well. The only situation I see there is that I have to recreate all schedules and I felt was just more complicated then I needed it to be. I figured much of what I want to do is accomplished by Ecobee and by something that monitors temp and motion to control the vents. Didn’t know if I needed something to do EVERYTHING. Any ways, just thought I would see if this may be a better direction. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
Tom

If you want accurate temp control in each room, you’re going to need a temp sensor in each room, and each room should be it’s own zone.
I think everyone that’s using this app groups all vents in each area into a separate zone, each with it’s own localized temp sensor.
With this app that will give you the best temp control.
Each configured zone allows for a switch input that can disable the zone, so for the areas you want motion head, use smart lighting (or the like) with a motion controlled virtual switch to enable disable the zone.
Beyond that, I can’t make any recommendations as to if Yves app or my app is going is going to work better for you.

@Mike_Maxwell

OK, apparently I forgot to publish them for myself. I have done that now, how do I force my mobile app to the new version?

Remove and add the app again?

I figured it out, opened each app, clicked done, then checked versions and they are showing correct now.

Thanks for all the help.

Regards,

Matthew

just tab through one zone, and keenect, the versions should show the update once keenect is re-opened.

Mike,

I am having some issues with the setpoints. Sometimes zones set without an offset show “No Data Available Yet” in the Last Results and Current State reports for the setpoint when the system is running. Sometimes the setpoint disappears during the middle of a cycle. This causes the vent to stay in whatever position they were previously in and not respond. This does not happen if the zone has an offset. If I go into a zones settings and look at them and hit Done (without changing anything), then the setpoint properly populates and everything works properly.

Thanks for the help and I love the app!

Todd

What versions are you running?

Keenect 1.1.0
Keenectzone 1.2.0a

Anyone experiencing any issues lately? I noticed that Keenect stopped working for the first time since initial install. I haven’t had a chance to dig into it, yet. Anyone else having issues?

First clue, confirms it:

Update. So far I checked all of the devices and they seem to be working. Thermostat appears to report temperature and operating state. The disable switch reports on/off events. The vents open and close from the app. Temperature sensors work. Next is Keenect logs, but that would be tomorrow.

Im using the latest Keenect and keenectZone apps. Im trying to add my Nest, but I get the following error in the logs:

java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method toFloat() on null object

Is there something in one of the device handler for my Nest causing the issue?

I would consider swapping out the Nest for an Ecobee.

This would be the first time I’ve heard of this issue. Can you provide more details?

So I was able to add my Nest in Kennect. I noticed a “should be” in Nest Manager > Preferences > Device Customization > Device Names. I renamed my Nest to what it is expecting.

Updated with settings: [isACcapable:true, tempSensors:Nest Thermostat, tStat:Nest Thermostat]
Installed with settings: [isACcapable:true, tempSensors:Nest Thermostat, tStat:Nest Thermostat]

When I go back into Keenect, the settings did not save. I then go into keenectZone and create a zone: Use a Keen vent, Iris Door sensor, fully closed, and keep the rest at default. Click done says “Error saving page”

java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method currentValue() on null object
Updated with settings: [vents:[Guest], coolOffset:0, minVo:0, staticCSP:70, tempSensors:Guest, staticHSP:70, zoneControlType:offset, maxVo:100, heatOffset:0]
Installed with settings: [vents:[Guest], coolOffset:0, minVo:0, staticCSP:70, tempSensors:Guest, staticHSP:70, zoneControlType:offset, maxVo:100, heatOffset:0]

The heating and or cooling setpoints from the nest aren’t being sent to st. Have a look at the device details in the ide, look for the values of heatingSetpoint and coolingSetpoint, both values must be set for keenect to operate.

heatingSetpoint and coolingSetpoint are set under current states for my Nest in the IDE. I did notice Keenect showed up multiple times under In Use By. I deleted all of them, tried to recreate everything in Keenect, but the same error still occurs. One instance of Keenect is now shown.

mainCSP and mainHSP are set accorinding to coolingSetpoint and heatingSetpoint respectively, when I click on Keenect under In Use By.