[OBSOLETE] Keenect V1.2.0, optional separate vo settings for cooling, vent obstruction auto clear

Ha, OK the issue is that the DTH you are using is submitting all the temperature values as a strings “67 fahrenheit”, this is incorrect as the set point and temperatures are numbers… "67"
The current DTH will not work with any ST automations that evaluate any of the thermostat settings…
I would ping whomever created this DTH and let them know that the sendEvent messages being created are not complaint with the documented standards for thermostat device types.

OK, but what device handler should be used and how to get the Nest to configure?

I don’t know what device type others are using.
The current device handler is reporting, it’s just not reporting the data in the correct format.
If you give me links to other nest device handlers, I can review them to check if they are following the standards or not.
And if there are no other nest device handlers, I could probably modify the current one to be compliant…

UPDATE:
This one should work:

I’ve not used it obviously, but it appears to report the temperature data correctly.

Im using it and the latest version works great

1 Like

Much better. Thanks for the help! :grin:

1 Like

I’m having issues getting things installed and running. I currently have an Ecobee3 as the thermostat, and I’m running StrykerSKS’s device type. I do the following things before I’m toast -

1. Install apps from Github.
  2. Run initial Keenect setup, completes successfully.
  3. Enter Keenect and click to set up my first zone and I get the red banner error.

It basically creates a blank zone and leaves it. If I try to re-enter the zone, it tells me I’m not authorized to perform that action.

I also tried adjusting the thermostat mode from “auto” to “cool” on the Ecobee side, and that did not seem to make a difference.

I looked into the IDE and it seems that there’s a null value that doesn’t want to be converted to integer - java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method toInteger() on null object @ line 796

My coding is a bit rusty, so I didn’t get very far trying to trace where the variable is not getting populated…

Ok, I found the issue, I don’t think I’ll have a patch out for it tonight, probably first thing in the morning.

Fixed! Select update from repo in the IDE, save, publish for me, should be good to go now.

keenectZone 1.2.0a
 2016-04-12	Fixed NPE init error on ac enabled fresh installs

Thank you Max and thank you for not pulling your app sir.

2 Likes

Awesome! Thank you!

Updated and set up a vent zone without a problem!

1 Like

The IDE is not showing that it’s been updated. Weird.

when you select update from repo in the ide, then select VMGR, does keenectZone show up in any of the three update panels?

It does, but the usual indication that you see in the IDE for updated apps (purple, italics) did not.

oh, OK, just another IDE feature I guess…

Mike, First I want to thank you for fixing to work on such and app. Here is what im trying to do with your app. simply put I want to open/close the Keen vent based on temp. Example: if the baby’s room temp sensor reading 74 then open the vent to 100%. when the temp reaches 70 then close the vent regardless of what the main thermostat is reading or the temp in the rest of the house. can we make this happen and if so how?

Thank you in advance

put a temp sensor in the babies room and create a zone for the baby. Set the zone temp to 70 and it set the option to full close.

1 Like

So like this

that will work

Well here is the problem. it’s not working. That’s why I asked in case i was doing something wrong. the vent is not opening or closing .

are you cooling or heating? Try setting cooling VO settings too