[OBSOLETE] Keenect V1.2.0, optional separate vo settings for cooling, vent obstruction auto clear

well those are temp setpoints. When heating it will open to one setpoint and cooling the other.

For what you want I suggest you use RM. Set a rule that has teh vent open if temp is between 70 and 74

Excuse my ignorance, but what is RM means. I can’t believe there is no App out there that can do just that. i wish if i know how to write a code

If you dont have it (RM=Rule Machine (App))already, unfortunately you cant get it…

So in short “Keennect” cant do what i want from my vent.

keenect is designed to control the vent for cooling or heating setpoints not open the vent between two temps

Smartrules would let you do it. The vent is just a fancy dimmer. Set the dimmer levels based on temp

your cooling setpoint for that room is 70. Set the optional min cooling opening to fully closed, set the max optional cooling opening at fully open.

What that does, is when your system is running the ac, any temp above 70 keeps the vents fully open, anything below or equal to 70 closes the vents, isnt this what you’re looking for?

1 Like

Just ordered 6 and a hub. Installed the apps last night. CANNOT wait to get these things installed.

Once these get synched up, Ill have to order 5 more for “comfort” based on Keens website.

This app was designed to work with an ST hub, it will not work with keens hub, they have their own app for that.

1 Like

So what can be used as a repeater for these? Any typical zigbee repeater?

the hub you ordered can be added to ST as a generic device and will act as a repeater

Damn. I already cancelled the order for that product

well get something to use as a repeater you can actually use. Zigbee light switch, appliance module, etc anything that plugs in and is Zigbee

1 Like

Right, but since zigbee has better reach that z wave, I may be ok…for now. I’ll check their connectivity and go from there.

Thanks

Um u got that backwards. Zwave is 100ft zigbee is only 35 max

You sure? Z wave is 900ish Mhz, and Zigbee is closer to 2.4Ghz. Thats like 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz band Wifi. 5Ghz is stronger but doesnt reach as far and 2.4 is farther reaching but less powerful.

Unless Im completely wrong…?

You are right 5 ghz is faster but doesn’t go far. 2.4 is slower and goes further. 900 is slowest and goes furthest

So just leave it as a “Thing” and itll be a repeater for the vents?

Yes sir…

1 Like

@keltymd, does the auto clear vent option work?