[RELEASE] - Just to confirm what this tag is used for

Just to clarify if a post is labeled release does that mean it is custom code that can be added through Github?

(Micheal ) #2

It is an informal syntax the community developers have picked up to allow users to know when something new has been released…other options we have used is [BETA][RELEASE CANDIDATE] [UPDATED] and [DEPRECATED] …for the last one we saw a lot of those earlier in the year when some developers either stopped developing for the platform or stopped supporting what they had previously released.

Hope that helps.

It does.

So would it be accurate that if I wanted to search for community apps I should look for release?

(Benji) #4

Sort of, but since it’s not a concrete rule, you may miss stuff.

(Micheal ) #5

In theory, yes…however, it is an informal standard so it could be hit and miss…if there is something specific you are looking for, just ask the community…chances are they will give you better links than just as search.

I miss stuff all the time. I’m trying to find a way to best keep up and extend what ST, Alexa and other iot devices can do.

Actually, the fastest way to search for community smartapps is to look at the quick browse lists in the community – created wiki. :sunglasses:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=How_to_Quick_Browse_the_Community-Created_SmartApps_Forum_Section

Very helpful!