[RELEASE] Iris SmartPlug Z-Wave Repeater with Diagnostics

Using this DH for the Repeater and lately it’s been not stable. It keeps showing up offline. However all I have to do is go to the device. Click on Refresh and it shows back online. Interrogate seems to work fine. All 6 steps complete fine. Zwave tests also work fine. Just can’t seem to figure out why almost every few hours the Repeater shows offline on SmartThings.

Just a follow up here. I’ve even removed the device completely. Reset it. Re-added the zigbee and zwave device again. Still can’t get the zwave portion to stay online for more than 30-60mins. Zwave network repair doesn’t work either.

After installing this device handler, every new z-wave device I try to add gets assigned with this device handler, quite annoying. I have to then go in to the ide and reassign my device to the proper handler. Why not just make this only apply to the iris plugs?

I ended up commenting out the fingerprint in the handler

I thought these plugs repeated on the Zigbee side. Support is telling me they dont.

1 Like

They are a rare bird that repeat both zigbee and z-wave when setup correctly

Like @Automated_House says they do act as a Zigbee repeater. At least on my mesh they do. Now Z-wave I have no personal proof.

I have mapped my Zigbee and they do have end devices connected to them. I have also used one (temporarily as a test) in my shed to connect Zigbee devices there. I moved it from there as I found a different solution for that.

I believe they are mistaken. I have one and it works both if set up to do it, it is both a ZigBee and Z-Wave repeater.

Thanks. Wondering where I went wrong then. What DHT do I need to have the Zigbee repeat?

None. The default outlet that gets assigned is the zigbee part.

I have four of them and support is saying they’re not repeating so obviously something’s not setup right

What did you use to map the Zigbee?

I used an Xbee pro module configured to join smarthings connected to my PC. Then used the free XCTU software.

There is several threads with people doing the same thing.

@BBoy486 this thread here is very active,

I believe they talk about it in there with enough detail to answer your questions.

If not search Xbee there are multiple old and newer threads on it. You’ll see my experiences posted in some of the older ones.

1 Like

@SteveWhite
I get this too, but I think it’s actually working, just not on the heartbeat that smartthings expects. I’d love to hear from the dev what his thoughts/experiences are here.

Thanks for the DTH - it’s very helpful for confirming that the plug is alive and talking to the hub!

I’ve (hopefully) excluded the plug and re-paired it already in an attempt to fix this, but my Z-wave network repairs still report:
Network Repair for Iris Z-Wave Repeater [0B]: Failed to update mesh
…and I’m not sure what’s wrong. Has anyone managed to resolve that problem?

From other forum posts I recall reading that there was a bad or marginal batch of Z-Wave modules shipped with some of the older Iris plugs; I have one that I have never been able to include and ‘pass’ a Z-Wave repair though it works fine for Zigbee (and none of my other Iris plugs show this problem). It’s possible yours may fall into that category. If you’re within the 1 year warranty period, Lowe’s should make good on it.

1 Like

I installed this for my two Iris 3210 plugs in my back yard (one at the house and the other at my detached garage in the back to repeat Z-Wave to it). Had no problem installing the DTH.

The one near the house shows up as “LIfeline (#1) with hub”, version 1.2. The last refresh reads 2018-08-09 23:45:31 and SmartThings thinks the device is unavailable. I hit the refresh button and it comes right up. Interrogate works fine. Z-Wave test yields me 30/30 frames received.

The one at my garage, believe it or not, is the same, including “Lifeline (#1) with hub”.

Curious why it does not report recent enough to the hub so the hub stops thinking it is offline?

Maybe I missed it in the thread, but it seems the “Configure” button does not work.

Bueler? Bueler? Bueler?

Can’t get more rude than that.