[OBSOLETE] Iris Smart Plug (3210-L) Zigbee Plug with Z-wave Repeater

What exactly would be the diffrance. How is running local better? Just in terms of speed?

For instance by hub acces has been down for me, since the last outage a few days ago, support is useless. Local or not I can’t access anything.

Local support only deals with automation. During your outage if you had it set up locally using Smart Lighting for automations it would still follow a schedule and be able to be triggered using other locally running devices (motion detectors, open/close sensors, etc).

Reset is from the modification from @kicko, the refresh didn’t change other than having the tile stretched. Maybe @kicko can debug the issue and send me a pull request to update the code.

Eric, could you post a screen shot?

I live in a old house that has many windows as well as two doors each bedroom has two windows and the dining room and the living room has four. I’m looking for the most inexpensive way to put contact switches on the doors and windows as well as automate a few lights the iris seems to be cheaper then the smart thing bran and for a person on fixed income this is a very important thing so I want to say thank you so much for sharing this light on the subject.

I’m not seeing any usage on my SmartThings outlet. I changed the device handler to Iris. Is there anything else I’m missing?

Please help me investigate it. Do you see any errors in the log? Let me know if you need help finding the log.

off topic a bit, but why does it notify me twice for the device turning on/off (only sometimes) (I’m using four triggers in Rule Machine) whats the difference between APP_COMMAND and DEVICE

The live logging please, filter by this device only and wait until you see at least one new message from it.

As for the double messages for Off - I think the app_command one shows you that an app sent a command to the device to turn off and the device one is the device reporting it’s status and it is useful for you to know that the command was successfully executed, also it could be used by other apps that subscribe to this event and do stuff when the device switches off.

How do you filter by device only?

Also just so I got this right…

I’m using a SmartThings SmartPower Outlet (Named Heat Mat) with the device handler set to “blebson : Iris Smart Plug”
I’m going to go to my IDE and click on Live Logging.

Yeah, after you click on Live logging, you wait a a bit to start getting messages and on the top (Next to the blue “All”) you will see links with the names of the devices that have messages in the log - when you click on one of them it will filter the log and show only messages related to this device. So I was saying you should filter by your Heat Mat device so we don’t see the other noise.

The device is named “Heat Mat” but the SmartApps that use it are “Soil Temp off (day)” and "Soil Temp on (day)"
These are the two logs that show up. I don’t see anything abnormal.

Hm, that is unexpected. You should have Power messages coming from the Heat Mat device. Something like this:

Could you go to the device in https://graph.api.smartthings.com/device/list, click on Heat Mat and then I am interested in the following 2 sections:

and

Verify that the Type is Iris Smart Plug and that you have activity in the last few minutes and you have states like energy, energyDisplay and elapsedTimeDisplay.

Did you have my devicetype installed before you added the plug or did you initially pair it as a ‘thing’ and then add the devicetype?

Looks like there are things missing.

I initially had it paired as a “thing” and then switched the device handler. So I guess thats the issue. Whats the easiest way to fix this or am i SOL (i don’t want to re-do all the rules and such)

Thank you.

I’m not sure how you can force it to install properly. I would try switching it back to the standard device type and then back to the Iris Smart Plug. Another thing that I would try is to uncomment the fingerprint line for your device in the beginning of the code - the one that has “model: “4257050-RZHAC”” - I doubt that this will make a huge difference, but it’s worth the try.
And last, because it is a little bit more complicated, I would go to the simulator and try pressing the Configure button. To do that, from the code editor, in the right side panel set location to your hub, then when you have to choose a device to test it, do not select virtual, select the actual physical device instead, then press Install, maybe wait a few seconds to see if you will start getting messages in the log from the device, and then press the Configure button and again monitor the log.

Luckily this is an easy fix. Because you didn’t have a devicetype installed that automatically recognized the plug it didn’t have all of its attributes installed correctly. In order to fix this you need to remove it from SmartThings and then re-pair it.

After you’ve removed it from your SmartThings app you’ll want to go to ‘connect new device’ and then reset the plug. While in the pairing mode in your app, unplug the outlet and hold down the button on the front. While continuing to hold the button, plug the unit back in and only release the button when you see the light come on. At this point the SmartThings app should find it and you should be good to go.

Keep in mind you’re only repairing the ZigBee part of the switch, so don’t remove the ‘Z-wave device’, it is already set up correctly.

Sorry for the confusion… i’m trying to get this working with a Samsung SmarThings Outlet (not an Iris)

The device was paired as a Samsung SmartThings Outlet I then went in and changed the device handler to yours with the additions that @kicko made.

I wish I knew how to write this code stuff to recreate a new device handler for the Samsung SmarThings Outlet to show energy usage the way kicko has done for the Iris outlet.

Then I cannot help you, it should work just fine… Was it reporting energy usage every minute or so when you had it set as the default devicetype?

The Samsung SmartThings Outlet only shows current energy usage (draw in wattage) it dosn’t show the accumulated usage in kWh and time as the way this device handler does now. Which is what i’m trying to see.