[RELEASE] Iris Smart Plug (3210-L) Zigbee Plug with Z-wave Repeater

Good catch!

1 Like

Sooooo, I’m late to the party but I still brought a gift :grin: … three quick questions…

1. I’ve had these for about 2 years and out of the box I just used the ZigBee portion, can I still press the “white” button on the front 8 times and get the Z-Wave repeater to work and show up in the (classic) App? and can I do with without affecting the current device settings in ST, or will it reset the device?

2. Is the ZigBee side “repeating” out of the box, or do I need to do something?

3. The device currently shows up as a LOCAL device (SmartPower Outlet). If I change to use this DTH (https://github.com/blebson/Iris-Smart-Plug/blob/master/devicetypes/blebson/iris-smart-plug.src/iris-smart-plug.groovy) will it move to CLOUD?

Yes. You’ll need to have the hub in discovery mode, of course, for it to find and pair the Z-Wave Plus repeater.

Yes, it repeats automagically, once paired to your hub.

Yes, it will move to the cloud. Best to just use the stock device handlers, IMHO.

2 Likes

Thanks for your help…

Question… I just setup my Z Wave extender/repeater on the Iris Outlet (3210-L) I paired/setup up in the classic app and showing up in the New app. It also is showing up as running in the CLOUD and not LOCAL. Did you use a custom DTH or that the default DTH for the Z-Wave Repeater on this device…

The Z-Wave repeating functionality is all done locally within the 3210-L hardware. I would not worry about it’s DTH running in the cloud.

2 Likes

© 2019 SmartThings, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

SmartThings; SmartApps®; Physical Graph; Hello, Home; and Hello, Smart Home are all trademarks of the SmartThings, Inc.