[OBSOLETE] Iris Smart Plug (3210-L) Zigbee Plug with Z-wave Repeater

For the zigbee side, does it pair natively or does it still need a custom dth?

If it does require a custom dth to pair, which one?

Thanks

Natively. No DTH required for the Zigbee part

Edit: okay I think I had left the custom iris dth because it is needed for initial pairing to setup reporting.

It seems that pairing it after I deleted the dth, leaves it as a thing.

I can then change it to smart power outlet dth, but reporting is not setup.

It seems some zigbee devices have no re-init button.

Reporting is setup at pairing time or not at all.

It seems equivalent zwave devices typically have a re-init button in the SmartThings app which resets reporting and other values.

So at the moment the iris plug reports no data, even on and off status!! If I turn it on from SmartThings it turns on, SmartThings never is updated unless I hit the refresh button.

Hi, can someone please tell how I can use this plug as a z-wave repeater? I tried the method mentioned in the first post (hold down button until light flashes or 8 times rapid push) neither worked

You have to push the button 8 times rapidly.

1 Like

Keep trying, it took me several tries in some of mine.

1 Like

I agree, it is a severe PITA to get the Z-Wave repeater to show up. You practically have to perform a ritual sacrifice to get the gods to smile enough to get it to happen.

I went to Iris about any tips since there were several different suggestions to try and they confirmed the 8 button press. Natively, on their equipment, when it pairs to their hub, BOTH portions pair at the same time. I still have to do the Z-Wave on another one I have and dread it because it usually results in me trying it for an hour, getting frustrated, and giving up to try again when planetary alignment and moon phase make the chances of it happening more favorable.

2 Likes

My solution for getting these to pair both with Zigbee and Z-Wave is as follows:

1. Do NOT start the pairing process yet!
  2. Press and Hold the button while plugging the 3210-L into the power outlet.
  3. When the blue LED turns on, release the button. The LED should start blinking.
  4. Now Press and Hold the button again until the LED sequence changes slightly.
  5. NOW start the pairing process with your hub.

Doing the above allowed my Hubitat hub to pair both the Zigbee and Z-Wave radios at the same time.

Of course, YMMV! I think these outlets have been shipped with a few different revisions of firmware which may affect the pairing process for the z-wave repeater.

4 Likes

Thanks guys, Iā€™m going to try these methods soon as I get home from work

You might find this thread useful in your quest to get these working better.

I can attest that getting the Z-wave portion to pair is a tricky business. I just moved and decided to remove everything at old local and then set back up at new address. I wish I had just left all these paired and hoped they all just came back online. when I plugged them in.

For me the 8 rapid presses seemed to do the trick, although I had one that paired immediately after I did a z-wave exclude on it.

Quick question, do these also act as Zigbee repeaters?

Yes, they do.

OKay great thanks

I was wondering if anyone has looked at adding a electric cost totalizer as a tile for this device? Something like this: ?

This is from the Aeon HEM DH https://raw.githubusercontent.com/constjs/jcdevhandlers/master/devicetypes/jscgs350/my-aeon-home-energy-monitor-gen1.src/my-aeon-home-energy-monitor-gen1.groovy

1 Like

I want to report that this method did work for me. Very easy process.
Thanks @ogiewon

1 Like

had to add the z-wave portion separately (by rapidly tapping the button 8 times) and then it miraculously showed up in the ā€œMy Homeā€ list, but not during the ā€œadd a thingā€ screen

1 Like

Hi All,

I have an iris wall socket that I set up in SmartThings. It shows as a Thing but I changed the Type to SmartPower Outlet (I did not creat a new Device Handler). SmartThings can now control the outlet. However, when I try to get Alexa to discover it, Alexa canā€™t find it.

Are these Iris outlets, once configured to work with ST, no longer able to work with Alexa? If Alexa can control these, what else should I look at or do I need to do to get this visible in Alexa?

Thanks!!
Scott

After pairing the Iris Outlet with ST, did you remember to go into the ST Mobile App on your phone, and then open the Alexa SmartApp, and then add the new Iris Outlet, and then finally ask Alexa to ā€˜Discover Devicesā€™?

Note: The above instructions assume youā€™re still using the ST Classic Mobile App.

NO! I totally forgot to do that. Iā€™ve been using the newer ST app for just about everything (I am a latecomer to ST). Iā€™ve only been using it since about July. At that point, I started using the new one. I did use the Classic one to filter out some devices though.

I just went into the Classic app, added the Iris outlet and had Alexa discover the new outlet. It did and works just fine.

I guess my next logical question is - which app should I be using?

Thank you so much for the info!

1 Like