[OBSOLETE] Iris Smart Plug (3210-L) Zigbee Plug with Z-wave Repeater

No a z-wave repair just redetects all your z-wave devices and maps them out anew. It changes nothing in your devices or SmartThings App/IDE/etc.

My repeater says not active for 5 days? I don’t think that is normal? They are both plugged in and working fine regardless.

That’s normal. A repeater just deals with messages within your mesh, so there’s no real activity like other devices you interact with.

Just got some Iris Smart plugs and have not figured out how to get them to pair. I have tried all 3 of them with holding down the button as I plug them and also tried pressing the button waiting for the 3 blinks and the repeated hitting 5 to 8 times. I have installed the new Device Handler. When I click add new device in the ST apps it never finds a device. Also I have rebooted my hub and logged out and back into the ST apps with no luck. I am NOOB looking for any help on this.

Hello All sorry a newb here, just got my hub. Coming from an Iris setup so I have a couple of these plugs and my problem is getting them added. I am just starting out here and trying to figure out this whole IDE thing. I have a github account and it is enabled in my dev account but when I try to add blebson’s “Iris-Smart-Plug” it shows up empty when I update the repo.

So my steps:

1. add new Repository owner:blebson Name:Iris-Smart-Plug Branch:master
  2. update from Repo (Screen shot above)

Since it is empty I have nothing to publish?

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!

Looking at your address bar, you are doing it in the wrong place - it says Apps at the end, that means you are in the My Smart Apps section, you should be in the My Device Handlers section.

@kicko Thanks, I was hoping it was something easy. I will try again tonight!

Are they recognized as Zigbee?

Thanks John. That makes sense.

@barrios35 they are not. Never finds anything after hitting Add A Thing it just keeps looking for devices

Try this

ZIGBEE RESET INSTRUCTIONS: If the Zigbee portion will not pair you may need to reset the plug. In order to do this, unplug the Iris Smart Plug, hold down the button and plug it back in while continuing to hold the button. When the light first comes on, release the button and you should now be in pairing mode. Open the ‘Connect New Device’ screen and it should instantly find the Iris Smart Plug.

Steve has good process.

I

1 Like

@kicko Got home paired them and they work like a charm. Did the 2nd part for the repeater after pressing the pair button a few times to get the blue light blinking and it saw them as z-wave repeaters. So I all all set, thanks again!

Worked great. Thank you!

First off thank you to the community and @blebson!

Just picked up 3 of these at Lowes last night. They were on sale for $23.30 and I showed them a photo of a sign from another Lowes store that states Buy Two, Get One FREE. So basically purchased three at $15.53 each!

To my question. I followed the instructions and was able to get the zigbee and z-wave devices installed - thank you! How do you know if the z-wave repeater is actually doing anything, ie repeating?

1 Like

There is no way to tell. There are mixed reports by different people, some are saying - “after setting this up in the middle between the hub an a remote device that wasn’t able to connect before, now the remote device works”, others have reported no change at all.

Found a easy way to make it work. Just log onto your smart things dash. And change you device type to “smartpower outlet” not V1.
A few seconds later. Working

OK
 apologize for the newbie question: Used the great techniques here to get some bargain plugs at Lowes. Seems great. I learned about and installed the new Device Handler
 then paired and searched to install the plug. I consistently get ‘thing’, rename it, and it works just fine. However, I never can seem to get the second/z-wave device found. I use the tap 8 times routine and see the light pattern as described here.

Any suggestions on what I’m doing wrong? Installed the DH wrong? Other? I’m happy with the plug, but if I could get the z-wave going too, that would be better.

You go to discover device again for the Z-WAVE part right? Hitting the button 8 times, super quick, before it even has a chance to turn on/off, should get it to show in just a few seconds.

As long as the Zigbee portion works, on/off/power meter, then we know the device and DHT are good. The repeater uses just a generic ST handler so you don’t have to do anything with that once it does detect it.

Whhy is there a handler for these outlets?
I just bought three tonight and I set them up with no DHs.
They turn on and off - good to go.

Use either the Iris Smart Plug or the ST SmartPower Outlet. These give power readings as well as simple on/off. The latter allows for local processing, the former has more reporting options.