[OBSOLETE] Iris Smart Plug (3210-L) Zigbee Plug with Z-wave Repeater

I seem to be confused about the repeater functionality on this device. Is it a z-wave only repeater or does it also repeat zigbee?

Thanks in advance.

About 99% of ZigBee devices that plug in (Iā€™m sure thereā€™s exceptions) repeat ZigBee, including this one.

2 Likes

Thanks!

The original message should be edited to reflect that the zigbee is also repeatedā€¦

Iā€™m off to buy a few more to improve my the zigbee mesh!

The first post already says:

At this point you should have two different devices added to your home, one Zigbee switch (which also acts as a Zigbee repeater) and one Z-Wave repeater.

Hmmā€¦ yes, it is buried in the z-wave repeater section in paranthesis.

What device type should we use for the Z-Wave Repeater? It just shows up as Z-Wave Device.

That is the correct device.

You canā€™t do anything with the repeater, so as long as itā€™s on the network, that should be enough. It should automatically repeat. But as others have mentioned in this thread, it doesnā€™t seem to be 100% reliable at Z wave repeating.

1 Like

Guys - I made an attempt to get all my answers from this thread, but it is too long to scan. To clarify I am using @blebson DH.

In this post (from above) you can see that the power reporting events are showing in the ā€œRecentlyā€ page. Mine are not, is there something I should be doing?

@michaelahess - How are you doing that reporting? I assume you are using a SmartApp, just wondering.

Iā€™m using blebsonā€™s DH from the GitHub as well.

Has anyone tried using the ā€œCentraLite Switch + C3ā€ Device type that is in the Smart things panel? It seems to be working fine, I can switch it on/off and it reports the wattage.

Is there any way to disable the blue LED on this?

Masking tape

I prefer a drop of dark nail polish, subsequently painted over with White-Out.

Thatā€™s what I was afraid of. :frowning:

I tried white electrical tape, but then the whole case just glows blue. Oh well, Iā€™ll have to find a different solution for this location.

Anyone else noticed erratic behavior as of late on this device? I have a few that just keep bouncing around from 40 w to 200 w within millisecondsā€¦They used to stay around 40 wā€¦(I tried both handlers the SmartSense and @blebson 's handler - same result)

Did you try increasing the min reporting interval?

Now the custom device handler has parameters for min and max interval that you can set from the UI.
You can read more starting from here:

And the discussion ends somewhere here:

1 Like

My z-wave repeater is showing as inactive in the IDE. Is this normal?

If the z-wave radio is registered to the hubā€™s z-wave network, it shouldnā€™t matter if itā€™s reporting status back to ST or not, so this may be normal.

There is nothing in the log for either of my smart plugs thoughā€¦one says failed to update mesh on z-wave repair, the other doesnā€™t show as an error though. Just not sure if itā€™s working or not