[OBSOLETE] Iris Smart Plug (3210-L) Zigbee Plug with Z-wave Repeater

Ok. I turn on my fan… It pulls about 67 watts. The plug doesn’t report that. It report turning on, that’s it.

After three minutes, no report
After 11 minutes is still shows zero watts and no reports.

@ady624 edit - still nothing after 37 minutes.

What if you do a refresh?

Then it update just fine. But that defeats the purpose of load sensing… Lol

Don’t you need to flush the settings if you change the commands?

Was trying to see if it works. Did you open the settings and apply them?

Yes, I do that to ensure the updated code makes it to the device.

Okay, made a new pull request. This time I am home and tested it. It works, configure() needs to be sent - previous update did not do anything because configure() would never be called. Added updated() which runs configure()

That’s why I always tell people to go load it in the simulator and press the configure button. :wink:

Well, there was no configure button. So I added one, then I figured, I can run that on Settings updated(), so I removed that tile. Automatic configure() when you change something…

The configure button shows in the simulator. But your solution is so much better. I love it!

I didn’t do anything but update the code and my one test outlet has been updating properly without the latest code version with auto configure. Didn’t go into settings either. I didn’t simulate. Why would mine work and not Jason’s? What else can cause that to update?

I did a few tests with 30 and 60 sec min update. I found that large changes are not reported immediately. It sticks to the min interval.

It’s not a big deal. My difference between idle power and all devices turned on is about 250W. If my interval is set to 60 sec in the worst case scenario I will have 0.0042kWh error every time I turn on or off. And because when I turn on and off the error will be either positive or negative, the overall will be even less.

1 Like

Ok, I just want to make sure… which version of this code are we talking about now??

A link to the github please?

1 Like

Exactly. Yeah, I saw the same thing. One other way to do it is to lower the time and increase the change required to give a report. The current threshold is at 0.5 W. Maybe I should make that one configurable too, so you can use 1s min, but only if it changes by 3W for example, then you won’t get a lot of events if power is fairly steady. The min time will influence the reaction time, so if you need to detect a device turned on and act on it quickly, you definitely want the smallest min time…

@ady624

These are the configuration options for the aeon smart switch… Something like this might work.

Awesome! thanks to device code, I was able to get it into SmartThings. I only needed the Zigbee repeater. I also changed the device type and can now integrate it with my Echo. Not sure what I’ll use the switch for, but the repeater function is working like a charm (i have a Samsung multi-sensor on the walk-in garage door that was just out of reach). I already have a Z-wave repeater in the garage (garage door opener), so didn’t need to enable the Z-wave repeater.

1 Like

I too was having issues discovering the Z-Wave repeater. The ZigBee was easy. Finally got it to work by after the ZigBee was discovered, put the device into discovery mode by pressing button 8-10 times very rapidly. THEN put the hub into discovery mode. The key was putting the hub into discovery AFTER the device was in discovery mode.

I was able to get the plug and repeater synced fine a few days ago. The plug has worked great, however, the repeater is now showing as “Inactive” in the IDE. It’s showing as “On” in the app. I assume this means it’s now disconnected? Or is it somehow working event though showing as inactive in the IDE?

I’ve tried to repair the Z-Wave network, and also reboot the hub, but the repeater is still inactive.

2 Likes

That’s the way it shows up does it fail when you do a zwave repair?