*** No longer supported *** [OBSOLETE] Introducing ScheduleTstatZones: multi zoned heating/cooling solution for your home

Hi,

Just to let my contributors know and all ST users who would like to do targeted heating/cooling in their home that I have new version of my zoned Heating/Cooling smartapp available at my store :

• I corrected the following minor issues in ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule (v8.8.8), & ScheduleTstatZones (v8.8.7) :
    • Made some changes to better control the Flair vents when Switch value=off
    • Removed some logic related to room tstats to avoid conflict with the Virtual Zone’s setpoints

For more details about the all use cases supported, refer to ST community wiki:

EcobeeSetZoneWithSchedule (for the main ecobee thermostat only - with some optional smart vents)

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=EcobeeSetZoneWithSchedule#Look_.26_Feel

P.S. EcobeeSetZoneWithSchedule has a tight integration with My Ecobee device.

ScheduleTstatZones (for any ST connected main thermostat like the Nest, Honeywell, etc. - with some optional smart vents)

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=ScheduleTstatZones#Look_.26_Feel

ScheduleRoomTempControl (for any ST connected main thermostat with smart vents).

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=ScheduleRoomTempControl#Look_.26_Feel

P.S. For all ST users who have contributed to my support packages, the update has been done for you under your ST account (provided that I have your credentials), you don’t need to do anything: everything has been taken care of.

You can download the new version at my store using the original sellfy link.

The new code is available at my store.

www.ecomatiqhomes.com/store

Regards

Hi,

Just to let my contributors know and all ST users who would like to do targeted heating/cooling in their home that I have new version of my zoned Heating/Cooling smartapp available at my store :

• I corrected the following minor issues in ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule (v8.8.9), & ScheduleTstatZones (v8.8.9) :
    • Made some changes in setRoomTstatSettings & turn_off_room_tstats_outside_zones() to avoid any conflicts when the master tstat is also included in the rooms (as a slave thermostat) for the scheduled zones.

For more details about the all use cases supported, refer to ST community wiki:

EcobeeSetZoneWithSchedule (for the main ecobee thermostat only - with some optional smart vents)

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=EcobeeSetZoneWithSchedule#Look_.26_Feel

P.S. EcobeeSetZoneWithSchedule has a tight integration with My Ecobee device.

ScheduleTstatZones (for any ST connected main thermostat like the Nest, Honeywell, etc. - with some optional smart vents)

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=ScheduleTstatZones#Look_.26_Feel

ScheduleRoomTempControl (for any ST connected main thermostat with smart vents).

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=ScheduleRoomTempControl#Look_.26_Feel

P.S. For all ST users who have contributed to my support packages, the update has been done for you under your ST account (provided that I have your credentials), you don’t need to do anything: everything has been taken care of.

You can download the new version at my store using the original sellfy link.

The new code is available at my store.

Regards

Very interesting issue. I went to set up my schedule and I dont see where to set up the day of the week. I set up my first tstat was able to enter the information in. went to do the second and it was not there. So I went back to my first one that I was successful on and it was missing from there also. What am I missing

Hi, I’ve already responded to you via email.

You have 2 zoning smartapps under your ST account :

1. ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule is exclusively designed for ecobee tstats and follows the ecobee schedules (so it doesn’t have day & times input values) ;

2. ScheduleTstatZones is for all ST connected thermostats and , as such, asks for day & time input values, as most ST connected tstats rely on ST for scheduling.

IF you have ecobee tstats, you should use ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule as it has many more features for the ecobee.

Regards.

For those that are pondering getting this application, I give it 5 stars. Not only is it a good application the customer service is outstanding. I ran into a few issues and he worked with me to resolve them and he responded quickly. I was looking at other apps and actually tried a few after I already installed this and it was not a day and I went right back to this. Great work!

1 Like

Can someone advise me on how to add the radiator thermostats to the rooms with this app.
I’ve created Zones and rooms but can’t see where you put the actual thermostat.

Hi, I’ve already responded to your emails. The Danfoss DTH that you’re using is not compliant to the ST thermostat & Actuator capabilities.

To add those capabilities would require some minor changes to the code in the header.

I can do it for you provided that you contribute to the 6-month support package at my store.

Regards

Hi, Yes you did thanks, I was just wondering if any one else had any input. As I saw your original comments promoting your app in a danfoss thread I thought it must work.
I don’t have a main thermostat that works with smart things either so It looks like your app won’t be suitable. I may be worth stating that on your website.
I think what I’m looking for is much simpler than your offering. Thanks anyway.
It surprising Smart things don’t have these apps in place, seems like it requires programming, surprisingly Fibaro has an advantage over smart things with its interface in this case.

Yes, as I wrote to you, any code under SmartThings will fail after a while if the author doesn’t keep up with the ST platform’s changes and new requirements…

What was working 6 or even 3months ago may not be working anymore due to the Samsung Connect app and other changes…

Hi,

Just want to inform my contributors that new major versions of ScheduleTstatZones (v9.0) & MyVirtualZone (v2.0) * can be downloaded at my e-commerce solution provider (sellfy) using the original download link.

• If you’re a contributor and interested in the new major version (v3), let me know and I can directly send the code to you for beta testing the upgrade. All you need to do is to copy &paste the new code over the existing one for MyVirtualZone DTH (Device Handler Type) and the zoning smartapp.
  • You’d probably need to refresh the Samsung connect app’s cache in order to see the UI changes. There are some instructions to do so in the release notes.
  • The new UI presentation amongst others adds a custom capability (setZoneSetpoint see image below).

You can also refer to the 1st post of this thread for all the use cases supported.

The zoning smartapps (ecobeeSetZoneWithShedule, ScheduleTstatZones, ScheduleRoomTempControl) are available at my store:

Regards

Hi,

Just want to inform my contributors that new version of MyVirtualZone(v2.2) can be downloaded at my e-commerce solution provider (sellfy) using the original download link.*

• The new version exposes the heatingSetpoint & coolingSetpoint capabilities based on my custom setThermostatSetpoint capability for easier integration with dashboard such as SharpTools & ActionTiles.
  • All you need to do is to copy &paste the new code over the existing one for MyVirtualZone DTH (Device Handler Type) and the corresponding zoning smartapp and save/publish.
  • You’d probably need to refresh the Samsung connect app’s cache in order to see the UI changes. There are some instructions to do so in the release notes.
  • The new UI presentation amongst others adds a custom capability (setZoneSetpoint see image below).

You can also refer to the 1st post of this thread for all the use cases supported.

The zoning smartapps (ecobeeSetZoneWithShedulev9.2, ScheduleTstatZonesv9.2, ScheduleRoomTempControlv5.2) are available at my store:

Regards

Can anyone tell me if these virtual zones are working correctly? They seem to work fine if i click in them, but the tiles are wonky as you can see.

Hi, which version are you using? This is indicated in the code’s header of the DTH.

Hi, thanks for the reply. Its 9.3.2.

I’m talking about the virtual zone device, not the smartapp.

If you haven’t installed V2.2.2,then you don’t have the latest version.

So, first update your code.

And, you should be aware that the ST UI is not always responsive and it’s not due to the code per se.

N.B. Sorry, the latest version is indeed v9.3.2 (after checking my repo).
Regards

Thanks for the clarification. I’ve confirmed the device handler code is 2.2.2

I also do see a reference to my installed smartapp being 9.3.2

Considering your comment being that the correct version is 9.3.1…do i have the right code? I’ve recently downloaded and installed this for the first time last week on 8/23.

To be clear, i’ve never had the tile reflect anything other than “Checking”.

Well, this is an ST UI issue… I’ve had this problem for all kinds of devices. C2C devices are more prone to delays.

You can try to clear your cache, kill the app, and restart. That’s the best you can do.

Hi,

Just to followup, I ended up swapping my nest out for a Honeywell T6 Zwave device for an unrelated reason. So now the thermostat no longer is being controlled via a cloud-to-cloud connection.

Figured I’d try this again as a result. No change. The tiles still have never once loaded properly. Everything seems accurate when opening up the tile, but the home screen tile never displays anything other than “loading”.

Sorry, it’s the end of the road for me.

You’re welcome to come to the Hubitat platform where my solutions are alive and kicking. I have had a Hubitat store for more than a year at my site…

https://www.maisonsecomatiq.com/hubitatstore