*** No longer supported *** [OBSOLETE] Introducing ScheduleTstatZones: multi zoned heating/cooling solution for your home

Hi,

I just released a new version this past week of this popular app with additional features for zone/room thermostats

• The smartapp is now able to turn off any room/zone thermostats that are not part of the scheduled zone(s) at a given time of the day;

• The smartapp is also able to automatically control the fan mode & speed of any room/zone thermostats based on the temp differential between the room’s ambient temperature and the desired setpoints for the schedule zone(s).

The new version (v.7.6.2) is available for download at my store.

www.ecomatiqhomes.com/store

As a reminder, the smartapp uses the main thermostat’s settings as a baseline for controlling the zone/room thermostats (thermostat mode, setpoints) which are considered slaves to the master. The zones can be virtual or physical (i.e. orchestrated with smart vents to “close” a specific zone where the airflow is directed inside your home).

You can also enter a delta temperature for the scheduled zone(s) to make a zone (composed of 1 to many rooms) cooler or hotter.

The room thermostats are useful to control baseboards, eTRVs (water valves), portable heaters/coolers, mini/windows splits, etc.

P.S. All my contributors who have followed the updates procedure should have received the update by now. Otherwise, check your spam or trash folders.

Regards.

New compatible DTHs (devices) for more comfort/energy savings in your home:

I just released a new version this past week of my popular zoned heating/cooling smartapps (ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule & ScheduleTstatZones for any other ST connected thermostats) with additional features for better air circulation.

- The smartapp is now able to turn on/off switches linked to big fan(s) or damper(s) when the temp differential in the zone(s) has reached a threshold set in Schedule(s). The fan temp threshold can be different from one schedule to the next for more flexibility.

As a reminder, the smartapps are also able to automatically control the fan mode & speed of any room/zone thermostats based on the temp differential between the room’s ambient temperature and the avg temperature for the schedule zone(s).

The new version (v7.7.7) is available for download at my store.P.S. All my contributors who have followed the updates procedure should have received the update by now. Otherwise, check your spam or trash folders.

P.S. All my contributors who have followed the updates procedure should have received the update by now. Otherwise, check your spam or trash folders.

Regards.

Hi,

I’ve just released new major versions of my zoned heating/cooling solutions (ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule & ScheduleTstatZones v8.0 ) and ScheduleTempControl (v4.0) with the option to create new virtual Zone Devices under ST for easier control of your targeted heating/cooling zones inside your home!!

Here is the new virtual zone UI:

For more details on the zone control possible, refer to the ST community wiki (sections look and feel and configuration):

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=ScheduleTstatZones#Look_.26_Feel
http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=ScheduleTstatZones#Use_Case_.2319:_I_want_to_manually_control_my_zone.28s.29_using_virtual_Zone_devices_under_ST

The new code can be downloaded at my store:

P.S. The new code will be soon distributed to all my active contributors.

Regards.

Hi,

The new versions of my zoned heating/cooling smartapps (ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule v8.0.3, ScheduleTstatZones v8.0.3, ScheduleRoomTempControl v4.0.3) provide the following new features:

• They can now process the motion events in real time (according to your sensor’s refresh rate) for your virtual zone(s)
  • You can now set a delay in seconds before setting the vents when your HVAC is running (heating,cooling, fan only).

You can download the new versions at my store:

http://www.ecomatiqhomes.com/store

P.S. The new versions have been distributed to all my active contributors.

Regards

New NEST devices for my zoned heating/cooling solutions!!:

Are there any ductless systems that would work with this app?

I currently have two old systems on Ecobee Thermostats (with 10 sensors) but within the next year or two I plan on changing some things over. I am looking at either a single large system with 4 zones, or ductless units in the main rooms with a single smaller system with the Keen vents in the smaller rooms. A single app that could integrate everything would be terrific…however I have not found any ductless systems that would work with ST. Have you crossed anything?

Hi,

Just to let my contributors know, I have new versions of my zoned Heating/Cooling smartapps available at my store : ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule (v8.2.1) and ScheduleTstatZones (v8.2) which correct some delta temp issues when applied to the zone’s setpoints.

You can download the new versions at my store using the original selffy link.

The new code is available at my store.

Regards.

How does this compare to NST Manager? I’m currently using that smart app with Nest thermostat and afew multisensors dotted around my home, running into issues with temperature readings using that app so pondered how this compares.

Hi,

The smartapp has many features and works well with MyNextManager (Nest devices under ST).

See the new DTHs here:

Please refer to the ST community wiki for more details about the ScheduleTstatZones smartapp:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=ScheduleTstatZones

Regards.

1 Like

Hi,

Just to let my contributors know, I have new versions (v8.2.5) of my zoned Heating/Cooling smartapps available at my store :

• ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule and ScheduleTstatZones which now send the required on() command for some portable heaters/coolers/splits (as room thermostats) when they are part of the scheduled zones.

You can download the new versions at my store using the original sellfy link.

Regards.

1 Like

Hi,

Just to let my contributors know and all Sensibo users, I have new versions of my zoned Heating/Cooling smartapps available at my store :

• I made a small change to ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule (v8.2.7) and ScheduleTstatZones (v8.2.7) to be able to support the Sensibo thermostat capabilities (custom DTH) in order to control window/mini splits.

• With the new release, you can automatically turn on/off the Sensibo according to your schedules and even control the fan speed based on the concepts of rooms/zones/schedules just like the Remotec ZXT-120 and the Flair HVAC Units.

www.ecomatiqhomes.com/store.

Regards.

Hi,

Just to let my contributors know and all users who would like to do targeted heating/cooling in their home that I have new versions of my zoned Heating/Cooling smartapps available at my store :

• I made a small change to ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule (v8.2.8) and ScheduleTstatZones (v8.2.8) to use the app.updateSetting() method in order to keep the virtual zone devices in sync with the values (temp delta, active zone or not) in the zoning smartapps.

www.ecomatiqhomes.com/store.

Regards.

Hi,

Just to let my contributors and all ST users know and all users who would like to do targeted heating/cooling in their home that I have new versions of my zoned Heating/Cooling smartapps available at my store :

• I made a small change to ScheduleTstatZones (v8.3), and to correct the zone’s active flag when set using the virtual zone devices.

• Also, in ScheduleTstatZones (v8.3), you can now indicate in each schedule if you want to synch the rooms’ slave thermostats (ex. eTRVs, portable heaters/coolers, mini/window splits) with the master’s thermostat’s setpoints or use the corresponding scheduled setpoints.

www.ecomatiqhomes.com/store .

Regards.

Hi,

Just to let my contributors and all ST users know and all users who would like to do targeted heating/cooling in their home that I have new versions of my zoned Heating/Cooling smartapps available at my store :

• I made a small change to ScheduleTstatZones (v8.3.2) to correct minor synchronization issues with the virtual zone devices.

Regards.

Hi,

Just to let my contributors and all ST users know who would like to do targeted heating/cooling in their home that I have new versions of my zoned Heating/Cooling smartapps available at my store :

• I made a small enhancement to ScheduleTstatZones (v8.3.3) in order to exclude (as an option) the master’s tstat ambient temp from the temp differential calculation to trigger the fan mode set in the fanSettings page when the offset is bigger than the maximum temp offset set in Schedule.
  • I also corrected the logic to turn off the fan ( when the thermostat - ex. My Next Tstat- supports it) and the temp differential in the active zones is too small. If the thermostat doesn’t support the ‘fanOff’ command, then the ‘fanAuto’ command is sent instead.

For more details about the all use cases supported, refer to ST community wiki:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=ScheduleTstatZones#Use_case_.238:_I_want_to_set.2Fadjust_my_fan_mode_during_a_schedule_run
Regards

Hi,

Just to let my contributors know and all ST users who would like to do targeted heating/cooling in their home that I have new versions of my zoned Heating/Cooling smartapps available at my store :

• **I made a small enhancement to ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule (v8.4.1) and ScheduleTstatZones (v8.4.1), ScheduleRoomTempControl (4.3) to add the activeInSchedule attribute so that ST users can determine if a virtual zone device is active in the current schedule.

• Also, I made some small changes to the virtual Zone device (v1.7) to be able to use it as a switch to turn on/off the zone (make it active or inactive).

ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=EcobeeSetZoneWithSchedule#Look_.26_Feel

ScheduleTstatZones:

ScheduleRoomTempControl:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=ScheduleRoomTempControl#Look_.26_Feel

P.S. For all ST users who have contributed to my support packages, the update has been done for you under your ST account (provided that I have your credentials), you don’t need to do anything: everything has been taken care of.

Regards

Hi,

Just to let my contributors know and all ST users who would like to do targeted heating/cooling in their home that I have new versions of my zoned Heating/Cooling smartapps available at my store :

• I made a small enhancement to ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule (v8.4.2) and ScheduleTstatZones (v8.4.3) for better synchronization between the master thermostat and all the slave thermostats (in rooms for eTRVs, portable heaters/coolers, window/mini splits, or other zone thermostats) when the slave thermostats support the ‘eco’ or ‘away’ commands.

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=EcobeeSetZoneWithSchedule#Look_.26_Feel

ScheduleTstatZones:

P.S. For all ST users who have contributed to my support packages, the update has been done for you under your ST account (provided that I have your credentials), you don’t need to do anything: everything has been taken care of.

Regards

Hi,

• I made further enhancements to ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule (v8.4.5) and ScheduleTstatZones (v8.4.5) for better synchronization between the master thermostat and all the slave thermostats (in rooms for eTRVs, portable heaters/coolers, window/mini splits, or other zone thermostats) when the slave thermostats support the ‘eco’ or ‘away’ commands.

So, now you have all the following fan settings available and can customize them for each schedule in the smartapp:

• You can override the fan mode (circulate, on, auto) set for the current ecobee climate settings (or program) ;
  • You can override the fan mode with conditions: ex. if the avg indoor temps collected from your own zone sensors vs. the ambient temp at the tstat is greater than a given offset value (ex. 5F), then turn on the fan; if lower, set it to auto The same logic can be done when the outdoor temp is greater than a temp threshold (ex. 80F);

ScheduleTstatZones:

Regards

Hi,

• I made some enhancements to ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule (v8.5), ScheduleRoomTempControl (v4.4) and ScheduleTstatZones (v8.5) so all zones (including the zones not active in the running schedule) are refreshed with values coming from their room’s contact/motion/temp sensors, so that ST users can have an updated view of all their zones at a given time.

A virtual zone device can be composed of 1 to many rooms. The virtual zone devices can be integrated into ActionTiles for easier control.

MyVirtualZoneP0

ScheduleTstatZones:

ScheduleRoomTempControl:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=ScheduleRoomTempControl#Look_.26_Feel

Regards