**Update 5/15/17: The 2245 hub should be working now with @kuestess modifications. Scroll down to this post: [RELEASE] Insteon Hub 2244 and 2245 Dimmer and On/Off Plugs/Switches/Bulbs **
**Update 12/29/17: Updated to use @kuestess device handler replacing mine.
I know there’s a handful of people out there still utilizing some older Insteon devices.
A few things to note in this device type:
You MUST port forward your hub’s IP (Port 25105) to the internet. You can open 25105 externally or port forward it to whatever port you want, example Source 1234 => Destination 25105
Steps to get setup:
- Locate your Insteon’s Hub IP
- Login to your router and port forward the Hub IP with port 25105 to whatever port you want, you can use 25105 if you want.
- Login to your Insteon App and locate your hub username and password.
- Edit each of your devices to locate the device ID
- Go to whatismyip.com to locate your public IP address
Now that you have the hub accessible by the internet…
- Add the device type in graph.api.smartthings.com by copying the code into the ‘My Device Types’ area
- Add a new device with one of the Insteon device types
- DeviceID could be your Insteon Device ID (Example: FF1122)
- Save the device
- After the device has been created, edit the Preferences of the device.
- Fill in the hub IP, hub Port, Device ID, hub Username, hub Password
- Save it and try turning it off and on with your SmartThings app.
This is a very simple explanation… I’ll re-write this with pictures and further details later.