[OBSOLETE] Infrared IR Device Integration via ST Anything v1.0

It does! Works perfectly. I have my setup in the bedroom done but I’m still working on my living room one.

Hi
First of all thanks Kris for this, I managed to use it easily. I 'm using this on an ESP01 to control a signage TV in the waiting room. It’s an old Sony and requires about 10 IR commands with sufficient time inbetween.
It worked fine in initial tests (except for need to tune timing inbetween commands), but it seems webcore/ST is not trustworthy for timing and sending all commands. Therefore I would like to create the power on routine in code. I’m thinking of hardcoding the IRcodes and timing in a dedicated of EX_SwitchIR.cpp.
I’m open to suggestions if anyone thinks of another or better way to handle this

The other thing I noticed is that the buttons are not always updating well in ST, for example timedrelays staying in “turningOn” mode. Any pointers to troubleshoot this? I’m suspecting something in ST backend which is why I prefer to hardcode the routine and limit to one command sent to the device :wink:
Thanks!

The timing in ST_Anything is very consistent. What is not consistent is the time it takes the TV to respond to the IR commands. For example, most tvs will not respond to a second power button push until the tv has finished powering on, even if the IR device sends the command to the device. It is just thrown away. So, if you have a piston that you want help with, we can certainly help you with that. But issuing multiple commands is going to require long delays between each.

@Ryan780 thanks for getting back. I’m using webcore to do the timing, with high delays. The issue I have is the buttons don’t seem to always release after 0.5sec. Sometimes they stay pushed and webcore can therefore not send those commands. (Can’t turn something on that is already on.) Any idea why this could be happening?
Thanks

Sorry guys, got you got it working. My ST hub v2 blew up a while ago so I don’t have any way to test anything at the moment until I replace it.
I was having some trouble with ST Anything after the ST backend was updated, some of my buttons were just not working or updating and I gave up as programming on ST and a baby don’t mix very well :slight_smile: It might be worth checking the ST Anything threads to see if there are any ongoing issues.
Hopefully I’ll be back online some time and will try out some updates.
Kris.

Hi Kris,
Congrats with the newborn!
I finally gave up on this although I don’t like giving up on DIY projects. I have two small children so needed to focus. I had imagined putting the whole startup sequence in a local function but ST Anything programming is quite challenging for me which means it takes a lot of time. I prefer focusing on other projects. #headfullofdreams #somuchtodoandsolittlediyprojecttime
Cheers
Jean