[OBSOLETE] Improved Mobile Presence (Android only)

Yea I get what you mean. It’s caused by changes to the WebView implementation in the new SmartThings app.

I’ll add a link to the QR code to the page. You can copy the link and open it on your computer or another device.

1 Like

Great! A QR code added to the install page would be perfect. Please post once it is available. Thank you :slight_smile:

Just a quick comment on install instructions: it should be emphasized that webCoRE is a prereq for this smartapp. I had the old CoRE installed and thought that would be sufficient…wrong! It took me about an hour to install webCoRE and now have it working.

Could you please post a link to “new” webCoRE ?

It’s not a requirement for this to be functional. It’s just very useful for creating automations.

What was the issue you were having that required an update to WebCoRE?

My mistake. I made the wrong assumption that the reference at the bottom of the instructions implied it as a prereq. My fault…sorry.

I did find a second device to enable so that I could scan the QR code. But what I am finding is that the QR code will not scan. The “camera” appears with a red blinking line in the middle. I center the QR code within the frame but it just doesn’t want to “register”. I sometimes get “invalid format”. Any idea what I am doing wrong? (Android 10, PH-1).

The page should have a link on the top of it now. If you DM me a link to the QR code I can take a look at it.

Hi

I try to install it, but got stuck in the pairing level
I have the QR code on one device but when I try to scan it on the other device with the presence sensor app, it doesn’t scan it
Any advice?

Thanks

same for me

I went and tested this myself and had the same problem. I adjusted the formatting on the QR code page a little bit and it seems to scan better now.

Try it again and let me know how it goes :slight_smile:

Works great

Thanks

1 Like

Is there anything special that needs to be done to delete this Smart App?

Nope. If you delete the SmartApp first then it should also remove the devices too.

I tried to delete the app both on the listing screen and after opening it, it says okay, but it is still there. It did delete my device.

I used the program to create another pair. And then for some reason it let me delete it. Weird.

I’m in the process of upgrading my Hub and I wanted to wipe everything out show me install it.

Sounds like a fun project. Are you getting a new SmartThings hub or are you switching to a new platform?

Overall, I like ST.

Just a new v3 hub, I have a v2.

Time to shake things up :wink:

@johndc7 hello sir, I have been seeing a number of Error #2 notifications lately, and the lady’s phone has been slow to update alongside these errors. Anything we can do on our side to fix the errors?

The app syncs:

1. When something happens
    a. WiFi network connects / disconnects
    b. When power connects / disconnects
  2. Around every 30 minutes. This is to make sure the battery level stays up to date and catch any missed events.

Most of the time you can see these errors due to the app trying to sync when there is no network connection (between WiFi / data connection or something similar). The best way to determine if that is the case is to open the app and manually sync. If it works then that was most likely the problem. Usually this is nothing to worry about as long as there is no noticeable delay. If you get these errors overnight or randomly throughout the day when your location should not have changed, that is nothing to worry about as those update are mostly just to keep the battery percentage up to date.

I would also pay attention to how long it takes for the device location to change in SmartThings. An easy way to test this is to just toggle the WiFi on / off and see how long it takes to update.

is there anyone who is using this solution with satisfaction? I ask why lately I have many problems with the localization of Smartthings and I am looking for a solution. Having this post a few years, I ask if it’s still working fine before I try it myself.