[OBSOLETE] Improved Mobile Presence (Android only)

Redirected to the presence sensor app when pairing the device but it almost immediately produced an ‘update error 2’

Yeah mine just did the same thing. But that should also be working now

Moved onto update error 3!

Lookin at the error I just removed the smart app, reinstalled, saved. As I was typing the phone name, got an unexpected error, carried on and still got update error 3 I am afraid.

What does the rest of the error say?

Sorry for the delay.
Can’t quite see the whole error now but it starts with 'unable to find linked smartthings account

Open the SmartApp, hit save, open back up, pair existing device, select your device and pair again.

That should hopefully resolve any issues :slight_smile:

Opened SmartApp
Saved.
Opened again.
Selected pair exiting device.
Selected Pair this device.
Parameters invalid

I can DM the URL if needed.

Yea if you want to DM the URL that would be great :slight_smile:

johndc7
Recently one of my devices is showing away in all times. even when WIFI is connected.
GS9 , Andorid Pie, all patches are running and sending test message Home networks are defined. Device ID is yoD8q87ek.
I re-install the Android app and re-pair using the QR code. What can be wrong ? everything worked perfectly before. Other two mobiles are perfectly working.

I see activity on a device ID that is similar to that but the device ID you sent is invalid.

Looks like the app is paired to SmartThings correctly and is showing activity so I don’t think it is an issue with it being paired correctly. I went ahead and manually set the device to home so it should show that the device arrived (let me know if it does not show that in the SmartThings app because then that would be an issue with your device handler / SmartApp). I would check to make both the presence sensor app and patch app both have all of the requested permissions (specifically location) as that can cause that problem.

If that does not resolve the issue, does the icon for your home location turn blue when you are connected to the network?

You were right. The device ID was wrong, I corrected it (Device ID is yoD8q87ek.) . For now in the Android App it is still showing home with Grey icon. Not blue.
Please advice…

Check to make sure you have the correct WiFi networks selected for that location. If so, then that is a permissions issue. Make sure you have the location permission enabled for the app (you can uninstall the presence sensor app and reinstall if you are unsure of how to manually set the permissions)

After re-install still not working. I Deleted the Home location and created it again.
This time no Networks to choose from. What is wrong ? I’m connected via Wifi but in your app no networks.
Please advice

Still sounds like a location permission issue. Are you 100% sure the location permission is enabled?

100% sure. I have permissions enabled for Location and Camera for Presence Sensor and for Presence Oreo Fix (same location and camera is enabled).
I also have your latest update from 13.7.19.
Sorry, No Wifi Network displayed . Device Id yoD8q87ek

So I double checked the server and it is syncing correctly so that means that the issue is with the Presence Sensor app.

I’m not able to recreate the issue other than disabling the location permission issue. Is there any way you can get TeamViewer or something on your phone so I can see whats going on with it? You can DM me with more info. :slight_smile:

Just want to say thanks you and appropriate your wonderful support. I’ll never though that a developer of a DH will do TView with my mobile and PC just to find why presence sensor is not working. For those of you who having similar problem, the solution ,in my case, was very simple. The Location in my mobile setting was disabled. When John enabled it everything went back to normal, but it took almost half a hour to find…

THANK YOU VERY MUCH :+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi John,

Is it possible to add a slight delay before switching away/home and home/away? I’ve just added Wifi Repeater and when I’m traveling between my home Wifi networks, which are all defined as Home, there is a quick change to away and back home which trigger some automations. If you can add, say 30 sec, delay before declaring the new modes, it will be very appreciated.

Thanks,

Shai

Did you try the presence timeout option in the device settings?