[OBSOLETE] Improved Mobile Presence (Android only)

Please update the instructions. After i performed this step everything started working.

Check if your device handler and SmartApp are updated. That step does not even work on the updated version.

Hello John, I installed the dh and smartapp yesterday so i think that is the most recent version.

Would be handy I leave my phone on charge all the time at night when its got OnePlus turbo charging it really doesnt need to so to be able to switch off the outlet when it gets to 100% would be nice

Did it give you any errors when you were following that step?

Ok. Sounds like a good idea. Ill see if I can get something working.

No errors but when i authorized (https://st.callahtech.com/link/) the app to my homelocation in smatthings everything start working. Seems like you need to give the app access to your home location.

Done. Will be in beta tonight or tomorrow.

So you were able to create the devices within the SmartApp?

1 Like

Hey I noticed last night into this morning the app is throwing errors and not updating, with cannot find host errors.

My power has been out since yesterday. Will be back online as soon as my power comes back (hopefully soon cause it’s been almost 24 hours :neutral_face:).

that sucks, no problem!

1 Like

Does the app/service need access to your system to function? If so it should surely be moved into a cloud hosting service or something.

It does need my server to work properly. From what I have seen, cloud hosting can be a bit expensive. I have looked into looked into at least using it for a backup server for times when my internet goes out etc.

It would be nice to have for sure though.

You might be able to get away with the free tier on GCP perhaps by putting it in AppEngine https://cloud.google.com/free/ if it’s not hit too often

Got the free 1 year so I plan on using that as a backup server as the free limits are significantly less than what its currently running on (i also run other stuff off my server).

Working on getting all the data to sync between servers but having it as a backup should help.

Edit: Now have a backup running in Google cloud. Set to switch automatically if my server goes offline for any reason (switches instantly so there should be zero down time).

is the server running?
I hit pair device and it opens chrome browser at st.callatech.com/xxxxxxxxx but screen stays white and nothings happens…

Everything is up and running.

The pairing screen works on my phone.

Edit: Which pairing button are you using. Are you using the option to pair current device or pair other device?

Hmm strange…

Current device