[DEPRECATED] IKEA FYRTUR Window blinds

Glad for you😃

Just got a set of these yesterday after waiting what feels like a life time and I love them already.

DH from this thread worked perfectly.

Is there a way to set the min and max though? When I set it to 100% it goes all the way up and tries to keep going. when I go below 31% it goes behind the radiator. I’d like to set 31% as the max it can go down.

I did look through the DH but couldn’t find anything that looks like limits.

Thanks
-Chris

To set the max length, get the blind to the length you want then double tap one of the buttons on the actual blind. That length now becomes your ‘100%’

Don’t know if a way to set the min length.

1 Like

Cool, got it.

Double pressing a button sets the 0%.

At first I used the top button while It was up and it set that to 0% so I could only take it up and the lowest it would go down was about to about where 80% was. Had to reset it and re-add it to smart things only this time i put it down to 31% (my max it can go down) and double pressed the bottom button. this worked and set the lowest I want it to go to 0% and 100% now stops where you would expect when its open and not try to go more than the blind can.

Next I need to get one and edit it to take a longer window than Ikea’s max length.

Does anyone have a working 5 Ikea button DH, I’ve looked around the forum and I cant find one that works, or i’m copying it wrong. The code seems to split into fragments when posted in a comment.

Thanks for the help, double thanks for the DH

-Chris

There is a standard SmartThings DH called IKEA button that works for the round 5 button device.

You might need to go in to the developer settings and change its device type if it doesn’t get setup automatically when you add it to SmartThings.

Martin

Also it depends which version of the hub you have. Per this thread we found out that the v1 hub is incompatible with the 5 button remote. I have the ADT hub, and I haven’t gotten the 5 button remote to work with it either. I have however had success with the Symfonisk remote thanks to the great work of @Luis_Pinto

I have minor issue with blind not always going to the very top - with bar tucked tightly under roll. Consequently when it drops to max set length, it’s very slightly over. If I remove and reinsert battery, it tucks under tightly and when dropping to 100% it’s fine. But then after a few back to 0% it’s not all the way in and so full drop is slightly out as well.

It’s only an inch or less, but you can see it.

Anyone else seen this, and would the firmware update sort this out, and will ST do the OTA update ???

And/or any other way to get the firmware updated - without buying a Tradfri hub?

Excellent, thanks very much @Luis_Pinto for the DH for the button - working perfectly here with a WebCore Piston :slight_smile:

Can anyone give a suggestion, please? The first 2 blinds I managed to set up perfectly. There were 2 blinds to one remote button. Then when I set up a single blind, it will not work properly, because it is not reporting back the percentage open, like it does “live” with the working setup. It stays at 100% open when I close the blind (with the app). what could possibly be the reason for this, or even better, is there a solution? I tried re-pairing the blind several times. tried taking out the battery. It opens and closes, but since it will not send status updates of its position, I cannot set it up properly.

Will just add that battery percentage is also not updating, and setting the max length using the down button on the blind does not work. This is really strange. It almost seems I got a faulty unit. Will try to set it up without SmartThings and if that does not work either, this is the reason.

If you’re not getting battery percentage on the blind (or the remote) then try re-pairing as well - and make sure that the device you’re looking to pair is very close (i.e. next to) the ST hub.

I had similar problems, the IDE didn’t even show battery as an option on ‘Current States’ but a delete and re-pair worked fine, and the battery figures came across, together with the IDE now recognising it.

yes, tried re-pairing several times, also setting up the signal repeater in ST. I just finished setting everything back to default (using Ikea repeater and no ST). I am still having a problem…It will not set the maximum length by pressing the down button. Everything else works from the remote and the blind. So I think it is safe to say I must have got a unit with a minor fault. I will try exchanging it for a new, but it will take time.

Hello. Sorry for the basic question, but how do you pair these blinds? I’ve gone through every Fyrtur thread I can find. What device do I pick in SmartThings to pair? I’ve tried all the ikea devices as well as scanning in both new and old apps. I’m holding the blinds right up to the hub. What am I missing?

I figured it out right after I posted this. I messed up by manually adding the device after I added the device handler. I should have just added the DH then tried to pair. I got it working. Thank you Wayne for writing this DH for us.

Try re_pairing and operating in the same room as the hub. If this works then you’ve probably got a bad relay in the mesh somewhere.

Hi everyone,

I’ve been working on some adjustments to @a4refillpad 's (great work btw!) DH that I was wondering if people wanna try it out. Specifically, I was having some issues with the ability to set the ‘maximum drop’. The pairing of the button/zigbee extender didn’t work reliably for me despite repeated attempts. On my windows, using the above device handlers, I only want the blinds to go to 22 % closed and no further.

So in this DH that I modified, I have set a per device preference for Close Override. The integer value that you put in the preference will set it as the new 0 (Closed). So in my window, I set it to 22, and now when the shade lowers to 22, it considers the shade closed and will not lower the shade any more. It will also set the proportions correct too, so for example setting it to 61 is the new 50%, 80 is the new 75%, etc.

I am still working on a few bugs, like some of the refreshes doesn’t seem to work, but some feedback and bug reports would be helpful.

[edit] - GitHub link removed because I am stupid, I didn’t know that the problem was I was trying to get ‘maximum drop’ to work by double tapping the REMOTE, not the BLINDS themselves.

I may be mis-interpreting the issues you’ve been having, but with the @a4refillpad’s DH, the “absolute” close is whatever you program on the blind itself via the button - instructions i’ve found online below:

Hold the lower button until the blinds reach to the bottom of the window, release it, and then click the button twice. The blinds will do a little dance to signal the new maximum length. Now, when you lower the blinds to 100 percent they’ll only drop to the bottom of the window

yep, i’m not aware anyone else has this problem. I have three sets of blinds and all of them have been perfect at holding the max length using Ikea’s instructions. The changes @PhantomSpice are interesting though.

OK, so perhaps this is because I am an idiot. The problem I was having was related to setting the maximum drop.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/customer-service/product-support/blinds/getting-started-and-how-to-use-smart-blinds-pubafe

Turns out what I was reading by doing internet searching was push the up or down button twice to set the maximum drop. I interpreted that to mean on the remote, not on the blind themselves. So I spent a good part of yesterday afternoon trying to get the remote to pair with both blinds, then hitting down down or up up on the remote and it would never lock in the maximum drop.

I did this for a good 2 hours, before getting utterly frustrated, and deciding to recode the DH instead (since that seemed to be faster to resolve). The whole time, I didn’t realize it was NOT up up/down down on the remote button, it was up up/down down on the BLINDS THEMSELVES… Ugh…

So anyway, I don’t need my revised DH now, I got the max drop set on the blinds itself, and everything is working now. Still great work on that DH @a4refillpad.

1 Like

Yes, it was my mistake. I interpreted this to mean click the button twice on the REMOTE, not the BLINDS themselves. That was my error. I had been trying to get this to work by pairing the remote, double clicking on the remote which never locks maximum drop.

I’m an idiot. Half a day wasted trying to figure that out.

We all have those kinds of days :slight_smile: Glad you sorted it!