[RELEASE] Hunter Douglas PowerView Hub integration

Can somebody help me out?

I am using the smartthings classic app
I am at the SmartThings Groovy IDE page.
I have trouble with the “add app trough repo…”

Can somebody help me out?
I appreciate the help

^Donovan

@donovan1406, you can follow the instructions here:

Use the following params:

• owner = johnvey
  • name = smartthings-hd-powerview
  • branch = master

Hi Johnvey,

Thank you for your quick reply, you have helped me allot further.
I have added the smartapp and devicehandlers, but i can’t see the smartapp in my smartthings app under “My apps”. Nothing shows up, does this process take time ??

I have attached two screenshots.
I am using Luxaflex Powerview, with the Hunter Douglas v2 hub.

Best regards,

Donovan
The Netherlands

@donovan1406 your screenshot suggests that you did not publish any of the handlers or apps, which would be a likely reason why you don’t see them. Publishing usually takes about 5 to 20 seconds to appear on your device.

Be sure to follow the last section of the instructions on publishing, as well as understanding the color coding of each item.

Hi,

I published the the app and the device handlers, but i still do not see the app under “my apps” in de smartthings app. I have tried to remove the devicehandlers and smartapp and add it again, i tried to reboot the smartthings hub, but no effect.
Also the “My Apps” is some sort of light grey?
Am i missing something here ?

^Donovan

Anyone know if this app still works? I am about to pick up some HD shades for my house and would LOVE if this worked.

@klebel yes it is known to work with Powerview Hubs v1 and v2, connecting to SmartThings hub v1 and v2. I don’t have any info on whether this works on SmartThings v3 hubs or not. This was written to work with the SmartThings Classic App; I don’t have any info on whether or not the new app (Samsung Connect) can use this DTH.

I wanted to get top/down, bottom up shades and it seems that Hunter Douglas were the only ones that made a setup that way that could be automated. Although looking more into it the last couple of days it sounds like the HD Hub is flakey and the Alexa skill for HD has horrible reviews. I am starting to second guess going that route. Also I am on the new app and have a v3 hub now because I wanted wifi support. This could get real interesting…

The hub itself is a pretty simple device and has been rock solid for me. I would agree that the iOS app is buggy (hence I don’t use it beyond my setup needs) so I wouldn’t be surprised that the cloud-to-cloud integrations are just as bad.

Note that this DTH is a local LAN implementation so there is no communication to any of HD’s cloud services. If you do end up trying this out on your setup, please post a message on whether it worked or not. Thanks.

Hello, I’m having some difficulty with the Hub setup in the Smartthings app. I’ve gotten as far as entering an IP address but no shades or scenes are located. I’m using the IP address I see in the Powerview app under “Hub Info”.

Currently running the classic app, smartthings hub v2, and powerview hub v2.

Here is the log:

12:57:31 AM: info pref.singlePagePref - shadeCount=0, sceneCount=0, sceneCollectionCount=0

12:57:31 AM: debug sendRequest: GET 192.168.86.21:80/api/scenecollections

12:57:31 AM: debug sendRequest: GET 192.168.86.21:80/api/scenes

12:57:31 AM: debug sendRequest: GET 192.168.86.21:80/api/shades

12:57:31 AM: debug sendRequest: GET 192.168.86.21:80/api/userdata

12:57:31 AM: info fetchHubInfo()

12:57:31 AM: info pref.singlePagePref - shadeCount=0, sceneCount=0, sceneCollectionCount=0

12:57:31 AM: debug sendRequest: GET 192.168.86.21:80/api/scenecollections

12:57:31 AM: debug sendRequest: GET 192.168.86.21:80/api/scenes

12:57:31 AM: debug sendRequest: GET 192.168.86.21:80/api/shades

12:57:31 AM: debug sendRequest: GET 192.168.86.21:80/api/userdata

12:57:31 AM: info fetchHubInfo()

This might be the same problem @nate_haley was dealing with but I’m not entirely sure.

@GO4 the live logging should show corresponding events for the callback execution on each of the GET requests. If your logs do not have them, then I would,

1. verify that the PowerView hub responds when requested via a browser
  2. verify that the SmartThings hub is able to talk to the PowerView hub – this is usually a network routing issue.

If your logs do register the callbacks, there is something else going on that would require deeper troubleshooting.

1 Like

I resolved my issue by changing my Powerview hub ethernet connection. It would not work when the hub was connected through a ethernet switch, it works when the hub is directly connected into my router.

1 Like

I connected the powerview hub directly to the router. Once I finally got that hub to get a new IP the two hubs started talking. Many thanks to the both of you!

@johnvey I’ve tried to install the app and when I input my IP it says fetching hub info but it never finds the installed shades. Any clue on what I can be doing wrong?

Assuming that you are running compatible hardware on both sides, the most common cause for this issue is your local subnet configuration. You’ll have to first verify that your SmartThings hub is able to communicate with your Powerview Hub directly over your local network. Even though both your ST hub and PV hub may get to the internet just fine, talking to each other requires that your internet router/gateway/switch permits it. Some routers isolate wifi from wired connections, others apply more granular restrictions. There are too many possibilities to enumerate here.

If you have confirmed that these two components can properly communicate locally, then you can verify that the PV hub is accepting normal HTTP calls via your browser. If it doesn’t, then there’s something wrong with your PV hub. Beyond that, I don’t have any ideas to offer.

Thank you! I was able to figure it out.

Just installed this app & device handler today with a new PowerView hub v2. Everything is working great so far.

1 Like

Good to hear, will be installing this within a couple of weeks myself. Can’t wait to get it integrated.

So I’ve finally got around to installing this app following a multitude of issues with my blind order and installation and all is working well with my V2 hub, many thanks @johnvey

Only request I have is has anyone adjusted the code to make open/close the primary buttons, rather than vanes? If so, would you mind sharing/explaining how I might go about it?

Many thanks! :slight_smile:

@Shinedown78 if you are comfortable editing the code and publishing your own controller, the below section defines the mapping from SmartThings device actions to the PowerView controller actions. If you are not comfortable doing this, the below will likely not be very helpful to you.

Lines 384 to 447 map all of the actions. Note that the on() and off() map to the SHADE param, while the open() and close() map to the VANE param. Adjust those to your desired mapping.

1 Like