Welcome to the world of HousePanel
A little over a year ago, I introduced this thread by announcing the release of HousePanel under the Open-Dash brand. Since that time, Open-Dash and HousePanel have not really helped each other much and I have drifted away from that branding. So this introductory post has been edited and updated to reflect the current approach to distributing and supporting HousePanel.
HousePanel is a highly flexible locally hosted dashboard app for SmartThings and Hubitat. Everything you need to know about installing and using HousePanel can be found at the new HousePanel website at http://www.housepanel.net or here in this SmartThings community thread.
All the files you will need to install are in the HousePanel GitHub found here:
Installation and customization instructions are on the HousePanel website:
Please note that prior notices have pointed users to the wiki in the old Open-Dash GitHub. This Wiki is no longer maintained up to date, so you should use the new documentation.
Good luck trying it out. I hope you enjoy. Here are a few screen shots showing what HousePanel looks like when installed and operational. Please note that these are just examples taken from my own home installation. With HousePanel you can make your dashboard look basically like whatever you want - including using any background photo, custom borders, custom colors, custom icons, random placement, and more.
- notice the two presence tiles have my and my wife’s photos on them
- I did some fancy footwork in the built in tile editor to make a cool looking analog clock
- my pressure pad uses a custom icon
- the stereo and night mode buttons were altered to have no borders
- the thermostat AC setting was hidden because it is winter here
- notice the “Office Plug” tile that combines items from multiple things
- the computer speakers tile includes a web launcher to Spotify added with the customizer
- finally, the sonos tile shows how an icon can even be placed into the title bar