[RELEASE] HousePanel Dashboard for SmartThings and Hubitat

Hi can anyone tell me how to change the location for the weather tiles?

Edit the forecast.html and accuweather.html files

The location information that needs to change is obvious inside these files.

On documentation for setup, did you look at www.housepanel.net ?

To remove the extra crap, open the editor and hide the fields in question.

I do not see that option maybe I’m overlooking. Can you explain this a little better please? one other thing is there a way yet to add life video what’s a from a couple cameras

On the bottom right, click on Edit. You will see three dots show up on each tile. Click the green dot of the lock tile. Then pick the fields using the drop down box and then select Hide on the left side of the dialog box.

This is all described in detail with screen shots on www.housepanel.net

Regarding video, you have to use the video tile and find a way to save your video to a file named video1.mp4 through video4.mp4

Alternatively you can use frame tiles to link video in as a live feed. This is harder to do. If you search this thread you will find how some people have done it. It differs by camera type. I use Arlo cameras and use a Python script to grab the latest video every 5 minutes stored as video1.mp4 that I then display using the video tile. Again, this is described in more detail on the main doc website referenced above.

1 Like

I will try that tomorrow and try to figure out how to get live video in. The cameras are foscam and icamera 2 video cameras.

Ok i rebuilt my Ubuntu system and I can now see the housepanel.php file
but after I authorize it creates the cgf file but then stops doesn’t display anything. no errors.
If I load the cfg file it has erased the ports I entered.

If i click done it just goes back to the setup screen.

Make sure you have permissions set for the web server user to write to the cfg file on your server. Not sure what that username is on Ubuntu but you can always just do chmod 777

Then make sure you enter a username and password on the auth page then hit done. It should show a login page. Enter the username and password you defined and go.

the address to my cam is http://192.168.1.227/img/main.cgi?next_file=main.htm

how do I add it and flashplayer

I don’t know what you are asking? HP has nothing to do with a flash player and the url you posted is a link to a CGI call that generates an image. You can provide this as a URL link in the tile customizer but that won’t give you an icon - it will just run the call when you click the tile. You will need a direct url to a jpg or png file to use it as a graphic on a tile or as a page background. Try opening that page in a browser and then saving the generated image.

That is the URL to my live camera that opens with flash player plug in.

[RELEASE] HousePanel 2.040

This version adds four new fields that display the last four events that occurred and their date in the UTC time zone. The housepanel skin reveals one field. More can be revealed using the tile editor or by adding the following to your skin.

div.event_2 {
    display: block;
    font-size: 9pt;
    width: 100%;
    background-color: rgba(90,90,90,1);
    font-style: italic;
}

If you don’t want to show this info, just remove this section from the housepanel skin. Any event that happens will be captured. The following screenshot is an example of what it looks like. Notice the gray bar on the bottom of most tiles. Clock tiles are excluded. If no events have happened in the last 7 days nothing will be shown. This feature is only implemented for now in SmartThings and not on the Hubitat side of things.

1 Like

Thanks for creating this and continuing to support the application and your user community. I have recently moved to SmartThings and I am planning on using this as a status display on a wall mounted iPad (2).

I think I have more or less gotten this working, following your instructions and the comments here. I have not yet figured out how to set HP for portrait mode on the iPad. I can force the proper width by editing the main CSS file, but a) that doesn’t work for the height, and b) it can’t be the proper way anyhow. What am I missing?

Thanks again.

The iPad should auto rotate the content So nothing is needed. If anything what you did to change the width and height in the css file is the right thing to do. I think the css setting I used for height is max-height.

I admit that I haven’t tried setting up a portrait tablet so let us all know what ends up working the best. Be sure to set it in the skin file.

Auto rotate properly rotates the page, but it is essentially the landscape view positioned on the top half of the display, with white space below. I will try a few things to remedy the situation, but I don’t know if my skills are up to the task. Setting max-height in the skin, or in tileeditor.css, doesn’t seem to fix the issue. I will let you know what happens.

Fortunately, moving the iPad to landscape is possible (requires wife approval, and some carpentry), so if worst comes to worst, we will be OK.

V2.042 Minor release with doc update and styling tweaks. Includes addition of release notes on the info page

What sort of errors will prevent authorization? I decided to clear all the garbage and cruft I generated trying to get portrait mode working, and rebuilt the rPi from scratch, also deleted and recreated the groovy SmartApp (including recreating the client secret). Now I am stuck on the authorization page - it gets the devices but not the prefix or host address, and clicking on ‘Done Authorizing’ just brings back the authorization page. I expect I am missing something simple.

Could be either your hmoptions file doesn’t have write privileges or you could have copied your client id or secret wrong. Not much else can go wrong here.

Hi,

May I know how to change the weather location? Thanks

Edit the forecast.html and accuweather.html files.

I get asked this so many times I think I am going to add an option that does this in the code. The files are small so I can probably create them dynamically based on user provided zip code and city name.