[RELEASE] HousePanel Dashboard for SmartThings and Hubitat

You can ignore this or set the password to anything you want. If you do set it you will be asked to enter it after you exit the authentication page. It is mainly there for people who want to install HP on a public server so your home is protected at least with a simple password. If you leave it blank you won’t use it at all and it can be safely ignored.

This is the URL for the SmartThings cloud server. For US people this is typically https://graph.api.smarthings.com
It is something different for EU people. For Hubitat hubs this is something different that doesn’t apply here.

Correct

It is actually mentioned in the documentation - but there is alot there I know so it is easy to miss. Anyway, this is used to bypass server auth. On the first auth pass you won’t know this. For new users you can ignore it.

Same as above. Ignore for your use case.

This is not a user provided value. HP creates it and will show you the value here. It is used if you want to use HP in expert mode as an API. It is documented near the end of the doc file.

Same as above, you can ignore this if you aren’t using HP as an API.

Regarding your questions about video - yes you can use your camera to feed a video tile. This isn’t well documented and is buried in community provided examples further up in this long thread. Let me dig it out and get back with you. I don’t use live video feeds but @cwwilson08 does so he may have an example he can share.

Just in case you are looking at old documentation, the new one is here at:
https://kewashi.github.io/HousePanel/

Here’s a screen shot of the Fixed Access Token description there:

Try checking out this old thread for ideas for embedding video.

Another option is to try using the frame tile that can embed any HTML5 webpage including one with a live video feed.

Thanks very much for all the assistance - I’m in.
Now to do some tests to see how to get my video feeds (from my Amcrest cameras) into HousePanel.

I used to have inexpensive Foscam cameras, which did have a MPEG server built in, but then I kept on reading how they were security risks - so I switched to Amcrest. Great cameras, but now to render the live feed into HousePanel (or any other dashboard) could prove to be challenging.

On with the challenge!

Glad you have it up and running. Welcome to HousePanel!!!

I hope you find it rewarding and useful. Video feeds are an art so be patient and you will get it. Remember there are lots of ways you can modify HP.

I welcome feedback on any aspect of the program. The app is free so I will do what I can.

Cross posting the latest update that incorporates important skin improvements.

It’s been a while since I last played around with early versions of housepanel. Now that smarttiles is end of life in January, I’m back at reviewing options so I tried a new install to play with housepanel v1.922 but can’t get it running. I get the “HTTP 500 error” on authorizing a hub. IDE live logging shows installed with settings and hmoptions.cfg doesn’t list any devices. I see comments that others got the 500 error but was resolved in code fix in the past.

Is there a manual workaround for the HTTP 500 error?

I am getting that too, but only on Hubitat - it is a new issue that I need to resolve. A workaround for now is to use fixed codes on the auth page. You get those values from the log window after installing the app. I haven’t seen this issue on SmartThings but I will check

[EDIT]Okay… I just checked and on SmartThings the OAUTH flow works properly so I wasn’t able to replicate the HTTP 500 error. This is usually caused by cURL not being installed in your PHP setup. To check this load phpinfo.php into a browser on your server and look for a section that says cURL. It should look something like:

Also, make sure your hmoptions.cfg file is writable by your web server. The easiest way to do this is to ssh over to the server and set chmod 0777 on the file.

Was scratching my head for 30min repeatedly removing php and cURL and reinstalling multiple times with no luck before I made post earlier this morning. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction for troubleshooting my HTTP 500 error. I checked phpinfo.php again and it was missing the cURL section even though cURL was installed and enabled in php.ini file. In parallel, reloaded my old rpi image from February and sure enough that phpinfo.php page had cURL section in it and also had “/etc/php/7.0/apache2/conf.d/20-curl.ini” in the Additional .ini files parsed section that was also missing from my new build.

After thinking about it some more, I ran “apt-get install php7.0-curl” instead of “apt-get -y install curl” in your instructions to resolve my HTTP 500 error. Authorization completed and now playing with my new dashboard.

Awesome. Glad you got it working, and I also learned that the problem on the Hubitat side has to do with a bug in their updated operating system, so all is well in the world of housepanel

Been a while since I’ve been here but…I had to reinstall everything…

I’m at the very first House Panel screen where it says " Authorize which hub?"

From that point I’ve entered all my info but keep getting denied…This is what I get:

The requested URL /oauth/authorize was not found on this server.

What am I doing wrong? I entered my Login Password, Id and secret …is there more I need to do?

Thanks!

for API Url, make sure you have something like:
https://graph.api.smartthings.com

and for ClientID and Client Secret put your data there.

That’s it. Should work from there.

yea I suppose I need to be more clear in the instructions that this is where you put the SmartThings oauth server URL address. I should also set it as the default. Will include this in next update.

No you don’t…it’s right there in front of me LOL It was all I was missing!! Thank you!!!
However when I get the authorize screen and everything goes great but then it takes me right back to the authorize screen again…interesting.

yes, it is supposed to do that now, because I allow multiple hubs to be authenticated. If you are done after the first one, just click the bottom most button that says done authenticating.

Yes I did that and it still takes me back to the same page… so something doesn’t seem quite right LOL

That happens if your hub auth did not work for some reason or if you didn’t select any things.

hi,

how can I prevent the unnecessary information below bulbs/switches as seen on the image below ?

You have a couple of options:

First, the easiest and least flexible is to add the bulb as a switch. This will only include the on/off switch.

The second more flexible option is to edit the item with Tile Editor, select each extra field and click hide item on the left side. You can change the “scope” to “all bulbs” and it will apply to all bulbs.

The final and most flexible option is to edit your skin file in skin-housepanel/housepanel.css to hide what you don’t want to see.

I suppose there is a 4th way, which is to edit the groovy file to return only switch, level, and color settings. I am considering making this the default behavior to help people like you by allowing you to add things and avoid all the extra junk.

1 Like

HousePanel Version 1.925 released tonight.

This version includes a cool new feature to edit borders of anything visual, including the entire tile. With this feature you can make tiles or elements of tiles round, square, rounded rectangles, and you can set their shadows or border thickness. It gives you all sorts of new visual options. Here’s a demo of my Office where I changed my main light to a rounded rectangle with thick border and a white shadow.

Have fun with this…

By the way, you can also use this to make borders go away altogether so you have just icons. This is useful if you want to put your icons on a house floor plan.