[RELEASE] HousePanel Dashboard for SmartThings and Hubitat

Bugfix posted important for lock users that also report motion detection. Also includes a number of other updates to tile editor.

Are you also using a Windows machine or a standalone PC? Or are you using a rPI?

Linux based remotely hosted web server. I can PM you the url if youd like to take a look.

tried an RPIā€¦ same issue

@kewashi there is a smartapp created by @Gutheinz that will help you connect your TP devices to ST. A detailed thread exists here

Thanks Kelly - got it and happily integrated

1 Like

just wanted to point out @Gutheinz also got this working on hubitat. If you went for the local control version one server can control the devices from both hubitat and ST. Hubitat control would be completely local.

Hi Joe,

were you able to fix the issues ?

thanks

@kewashi any other ideas ?
I see that the list of devices are being pulled from ST from the IDE Logs
3eb5a06d-b741-4f16-9ff7-4f7fab14b495 9:04:33 AM: debug Installed with settings: [myswitches:[Garage Light, Master Toilet Light, Towel Rack Switch, Study Fan, Mud Room Light], mydimmers:[Chandelier Light, Dining Room Light, China Switch, Couch 1, Couch 2, Couch 3, Grandma Lamp], mythermostats:[ecobee - Upstairs, ecobee - Downstairs], myothers:[ecobee - Upstairs, Front Door, ec - Main, ec - Other]]

I do see updates to hmconfig.cfg with a time stamp that matching the time i redo the auth, unfortunately no device details show up in the file. the time zone and ST auth values are written to the file, just no device detailsā€¦

@kewashi i pulled the savelocal branch to another folder on the SAME server. did not change any folder permissions, so root is still the owner of the files and all my switches showed up

however I did not see the hmoptions.cfg file created in this folderā€¦ nor did i find it in a full directory search

Hi Ken, finally decided to jump in and update my install and iā€™m having the same issue as BatraD and O-MX45.

Linux remotely hosted.

hmconfig.cfg is not getting updated.

UPDATE: I followed BatraDā€™s solution with the savelocal branch and my switches showed up as well. No hmoptions.cfg file created either.

Hi folksā€¦ the savelocal branch isnā€™t functional. Please stick with the master branch. I donā€™t know what is going on here but weā€™ll get to the bottom of it. In the mean time you can always roll back to a prior version until I can reproduce the error and fix it.

Not sure if iā€™m on the right track or not.
But it looks like line 2267 is never true ā€˜isset($_POST[ā€œdoauthorizeā€]ā€™, as it runs before the fields are created.

MAJOR BUGFIX

Thanks @kembond for validating the problem and for the idea fix. And thanks @batraD for finding this bug in the first place. Shout out to @Babar_Khan too for your patience.

I did a fresh install and was able to replicate the error. It was then easy to find the fix. Turns out it was a bonehead move on my part (like most coding errors) where I forgot to change the ST constants to the variables set on the new auth page. This was making the calls to getAccessToken and getEndPoint both not work. I have since fixed this and uploaded a fix. The updated fix has been verified to work. This should fix all the problems people are experiencing with their devices not showing up.

I know you are all probably wonderingā€¦ why in the heck did I not see this myself. Well I made the mistake of forgetting to remove my hardwired auth variables so my installation was happily using a pre-validated set of variables. I have since fixed this too by creating a fresh install folder where I will always test future posts against.

Iā€™m super sorry folks for any inconvenience this caused you all, but then again, this is free hobby code so I guess I donā€™t feel too bad. Anyway, it should be fixed now. I will be making further tweaks to the tile editor over the weekend. It is better but still has a few bugs and incorrect behaviors.

Please donā€™t hesitate to keep posting bugs here. And thanks again for everyoneā€™s patience.

1 Like

See above postā€¦ found the problem and fixed it. Should have done a thanks shout out to you too. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for fixing. Will try soon.

Thought you might like to know how this works. The doauthorize POST variable on that line will be true only when HP returns from the auth page. That page has this variable as a hidden post field. After that it calls the ST hub to get a code that is returned via a callback in a GET variable. The block of code after that is where the two calls are made to get the access code and end points. This is the code that was broken. This info isnā€™t needed but I thought I would explain how it all should work.

1 Like

No worries; all good now!

Sweet!!! Glad you got it working.

Thanks for the explanation, appreciate that. Havenā€™t played with this for awhile, totally forgot it was a single page application.