[RELEASE] HousePanel Dashboard for SmartThings and Hubitat

No - I didn’t implement support for this because I don’t use this feature of ST. If this is something you want supported it can be easily added. In the mean time what I suggest is making a virtual switch and then write a smart app that sets your monitor mode. Then you can turn the triggering virtual switch on and off using either HousePanel or Alexa or any other app that knows how to turn switches on and off. I think this is a more flexible method than triggering the monitor mode directly.

I figured as much, I was planing on going the piston route at some point anyways.

Thank you!

Cool, you can then add the Pistons directly to HousePanel. I just tested a few of mine to confirm that this integration still works.

Ok, think there still maybe a reason for it. What if I want to get the status/mode it currently is in?

HousePanel includes 4 mode tiles - any one of which you can add to a page to show the current mode. There are four so that you can have different styling on different pages - probably overkill but it was easy to do. The mode tiles are near the bottom of the list of things on the Options page. One catch is the mode status is presently only updated once every 90 seconds so it won’t show up right away. Your question is prompting me to think about adding a feature that refreshes all tiles on the page whenever any piston executes. For kicks I might do this for lights too… we’ll see.

EDIT: Okay, I added code to update mode whenever any piston, momentary, or switch is clicked on. Should make modes stay updated nicely.

And if you want to get creative, you can set the piston tile to transparent color and drag it on top of the mode tile so it looks like a single one. You want piston on top so it gets the click event.

Hmm,
I’m working with the api doing my own UI, would I still have access to this?

If you are making api calls for your own UI the refresh rate doesn’t apply. The Mode tile info is available from the api.

I’m glad to see someone using this feature. I think it is way under appreciated. Let me know what you end up making.

Ok cool, i’ll take a look. Thank you.

Will definitely share when I get it cleaned up a little :slight_smile:

Round 1 of fixes to TileEdit posted today. Also fixed long-standing bug that I never noticed where Garage Door opened but didn’t close.

@Evasilisin have you gotten this to work. I was wonder what it looked like for you.

Lots of screen shots in this thread above. With the latest post TileEfit icons now work again. But, don’t fall in love with it because it is getting rewritten.

Using Python or if you have a good grasp of C++ one can easily write a very rich UI for your desktop to control your ST home using HousePanel api calls. And with a Hubitat the response time would be fast. I have plans to do this using a floor plan of my house. Just haven’t had time.

OPPS edited my post…just cleared the history and the door sensor now shows up :slight_smile:

Folks… posted a minor update tonight that fixes a few bugs and adds ability to stay on same Tab when you refresh a page. That has been bugging me…

Also changed Kiosk mode input to a checkbox… DOH!

Enjoy.

I did get it to work… But, my php server was being pinged too much, causing GoDaddy to suspend my account lol. Guess I’ll need an internal php server that doesn’t have the “attack” protection that GoDaddy claims caused server to be suspended.

Interesting… I also use a GoDaddy acct for my remote Dev and testing and haven’t seen this. I agree a local install is much better.

In the interim you can turn off or dial down the tile refresh polling feature. It is in housepanel.js in function setupTimers(). It is presently tuned for a local rPi. You can make all the numbers bigger by 100x or simply bypass it altogether. The effect will be manual light changes will not show on your panel and time will stand still on the clock. I personally would leave the clock and make all others big. I’ll add an option for this in a future release.

By the way, running on a local server will be both faster and more secure.

I’m intending to do something either pythonic or Nodey just as soon as I can find that elusive free day in my calendar. I was very interested when I saw your API :smile:

Post 12 above is a Python example…

have fun and share what you end up making.

Thanks. I think I missed that first time around.

I’ll definitely share what I do when I get around to doing it - unfortunately the usual combination of real job, real family, limited budget and too many hobbies seems inescapable for the immediate future.

send @ jquery-1.12.4.js:10254
ajax @ jquery-1.12.4.js:9738
jQuery.(anonymous function) @ jquery-1.12.4.js:9890
refreshTile @ housepanel.js:779
apparray.myMethod @ housepanel.js:900
(anonymous) @ housepanel.js:902
setTimeout (async)
apparray.myMethod @ housepanel.js:902
(anonymous) @ housepanel.js:906

This is what is making my PHP crash, and Im not sure why it’s doing this…

Would setting Visibility to hidden do this? Doubt it