SmartThings Community

[RELEASE] HousePanel Dashboard Beta 1.0 Under Open-Dash Brand

project_dashboard

(HousePanel Author) #1264

Thanks … will add this fix to the default skin file in next release

(Jason "The Enabler" as deemed so by @Smart) #1265

I finally finished up the install and I have to say… I love that this comes up perfectly on the Echo Show!

How are you using it on the Echo Show? using the browser?

(Jason "The Enabler" as deemed so by @Smart) #1267

Yeah, the firefox browser. Then link it to the homepage.

I getting ready to start on HousePanel it’s good to know I can use my Echo shows for display. Quick question when the echo show goes to sleep does it wake up back to the browser or you have to open it every time?

(Jason "The Enabler" as deemed so by @Smart) #1269

You have to reopen the browser each time…

(HousePanel Author) #1270

Thermostat bug fixed. Also fixed the panel bug @kembond found.

So far from being “done”, but it’s at a pretty good point. Thank you Ken for creating something like this with an api we could use to build our own thing! This has been so much fun to work on.

My home setup

Video of the UI setup

Additional screenshots

(Chris Wilson) #1272

Very nicely done. Any chance you can share the skin?

Thank you!
That is the only problem, it’s not a skin. It’s a full UI replacement, so right now it only handles the devices i’ve built out. Once I get more devices added and some bugs worked out then I would feel more comfortable releasing it.

(HousePanel Author) #1274

@kembond dude, you rock!! This is exactly the type of innovation I was hoping to spark when I created HousePanel. Really great work - thanks for sharing.

One of these days I need to make a floor plan page for my HousePanel. This is one of the best low investment / high reward things you can do with HP.

Thank you! I appreciate that.
This is a great project, thank you for keeping up with it. I know free time is hard to find sometimes.

(HousePanel Author) #1276

Hi @kylatay just checking in to see if you are still using HousePanel. In particular, the current version has a fairly detailed graphical editor for customizing your panel, so the approach you used almost a year ago is no longer needed. Anyway, just checking… I was reading old posts for nostalgia sake and ran across your post.

(HousePanel Author) #1277

I am working on a feature to create round tiles or items within a tile. It is pretty cool. Should be available next week… but to implement this I decided to tear up the CSS file and move all the non-styling things over to the fixed CSS file that is separate from the skinned file. This way skins can be created without worrying about screwing up all the fixed stuff like tables and main page setup. I’m giving folks a heads up now since the next release could break any custom skins previously created. I also had to do this because the I needed to simplify the file for the new elegant skin that I am working on.

Can someone point me to a library of publicly available and redeployable clean smart home icons? I suck at graphics so i definitely need help here. I am considering the built in Android ones in the Tile Editor but I don’t like them that much.

(Chris Wilson) #1278

I have found some good icons here

https://materialdesignicons.com/

Got all my stuff here,

(HousePanel Author) #1280

Thanks guys. These are great resources.

(HousePanel Author) #1281

Version 1.9 posted tonight. This is mostly a documentation update that addresses several outdated explanations and clarifies various install steps. As a reminder, the current documentation is here at:

https://kewashi.github.io/HousePanel/

The old Wiki page hasn’t been updated to reflect these mods so please use this built in Github doc page.

Hello. I’m very new to this, so please forgive my ignorance of some matters.
I’ve installed Apache on a spare Synology NAS that I have, and I’m about to begin on a journey to install this (amazing looking) piece of code.
Question: Will I be able to show a tile that has a feed from my Amcrest IP3M-HX2 cameras?
The reason that I ask is because the syntax to display the camera feed is the following:
http://id:password@192.168.1.55:1025/cgi-bin/mjpg/video.cgi?channel=0&subtype=1
Will I be able to put that URL in somewhere and get a display of my camera feed? (Please note the id and password are “in the clear”).
Furthermore, I noticed there is also a RTSP feed, but I don’t know how to render that except in VLC.
Question: I have my own internal VPN setup, (openvpn). Will I be able to access my Housepanel via that VPN?

Thanks in advance for answering my questions.

So, I installed HousePanel, and I got stuck on the authenticating part. My quick questions:
Questions:

1. Login Password: what is the password of? my housepanel system? my smartthings hub?
    2, API Url: what Url do you want? (e.g. the url of my housepanel? “http://192.168.1.51/housepanel/” )
  2. Client ID/Client Secret no problem - they are from Oath, no prob.
  3. Fixed Access Token: I have no idea what this is?(it’s not mentioned in the documentation)
  4. Fixed Endpoint: I have no idea what this is?(it’s not mentioned in the documentation)
  5. Access Token: I have no idea what this is? (it’s not mentioned in the documentation)
  6. Endpoint: I have no idea what this is? (it’s not mentioned in the documentation)