[RELEASE] HousePanel Dashboard for SmartThings and Hubitat

Ughhh… well I guess that means I need to get me a Samsung login… I need a new login like I need a hole in the head.

I think the plan is to just move existing smartthings logins to samsung ones, so you don’t lose all your settings and devices. But for testing purposes, yeah, you might.

FYI: The Account Migration Beta has been going on since October 2017. That’s when the first set of testers performed the script. They recently launched the 2nd wave of the same Beta (different users and some bug fixes applied - new bugs created).

The Beta is specifically for people with a SmartThings account. The migration script, required us to create a Samsung account, and then the process migrated everything from the ST to the Samsung account. It’s transparent from an ST perspective.

Also, anyone who had purchased / created an account for use with ST on or after 5/4/17, have all been created with Samsung account ids, not ST accounts.

So you have a large quantity of people that you probably want to take into account for. :slight_smile:

Well, I’ve gone and done it now. I ordered a Hubitat. Hopefully I won’t regret it later but it seems like with the external zigbee/zwave stick that it’ll be upgrade-able in the future if they add other wireless standards and even if they drop support it’ll still work locally without a reliance on external hosting (the death of several smart device hubs in the past).

I’m using smartthings on my shield tv without the link so it’s wifi and bluetooth only currently, but I’d like to start adding zigbee devices. I did order a smartthings v2 hub but I might just resell it if I can use the Hubitat instead. I’m also looking to get a caseta smart bridge pro, as my non-pro doesn’t do localized connections. So many things.

Wonder if there will be any port of Hubitat to Raspberry in the future as the Pi3 can easily accept the usb ZigBee/zwave stick. That’s assuming Pi3 hardware can handle the load as it’ll be awesome to run Docker containers of Hubitat, HousePanel, STNP-EVL4, etc locally.

My suspicion is they’ll want to keep their own hardware and software together to minimize supporting multiple OSes and setups initially. I also suspect the pi3 may be underpowered or lack memory for the routines and automation.

So many possibilities. I agree the pi3 isn’t big enough to power a full automation stack but it could eaaily support a subset plus HP. For now I’m focusing on the super bowl…

Sportsing on a development day? What the heck.

I know … there are limits to my geekiness.

1 Like

Well it certainly was a great game!!

I’m not using a Pi3… I’ve built a 32" touch screen that hangs in my kitchen :wink: It’s run by a mini-itx board and it’s pretty powerful and fast :slight_smile:

Tomorrow I’ll upload some links so you can check it out :slight_smile: Then what I’m after may become clearer.

Sounds perfect for HP … is it possible that the web server on this board doesn’t suppprt cookies? Did you try the workaround? With a screen this size you can customize the CSS to use a larger number of pixels in both directions. The default is about 1000 but I don’t remember exactly. Can probably be 1600 or larger.

After you do that be sure to run a refactor to reset the icon positions.

I haven’t done anything yet. I will after I get out of work tonight. I just really started learning js about 6 months ago… as for CSS still a complete mystery to me LOL.

Yes the entire idea was to be able to control my house. As of right now the sensors and thermostat are just step one. Door locks among other things are in the future.

Yes HP is PERFECT for this … when I got the ST hub I was unsure how I would/could implement it as I tried my hand at openHab and well lets just say I have the hub now. A guy from MagicMirror actually created a bridge from openHab to MM and it works I’ve managed to get the Therm working on it [sort of] but didn’t really like it. This is a much better solution I believe. IF I can get it to show with the work around that would be awesome!

The ‘server’ and ‘mirror’ are on the same computer :slight_smile: I thought that would just make it so much easier!

Mirror Test

Hi
Since I got up and running I haven’t had much time to play with it yet. This evening whilst the family were out I loaded up and updated my files from github.

I had no issue with making changes to the weather forecast panel. Instructions were spot on.

I attempted to put an icon onto one of my devices (ST motion sensor), however I just can not do it. I’m primarily using Chrome. I got to options, find my device and click on edit. I can update the colour or name, but when it comes to an image, it just does not click for me. I attempted the same in Internet Explorer and Edge and that TileEdit window is showing up strange - not a big deal, just thought I would mention it.

From Internet Explorer

From Chrome

I click on the image Icon, which displays a list of images, but I can not get them to stick/stay highlighted or display.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

To be honest this part of the code hasn’t been battle tested that much so there could be a bug. Let me look into it and get back with you. In the meantime you can always go into the CSS file and edit it directly to set your favorite icon. The wiki outlines how to do this. You can also use the existing icon definitions as examples. For example, since your motion sensor name starts with “baby motion” then you can say:

div.motion.baby.active {
Background-image: url(“icons/myimage.png”);
}

And so on for .inactive
Actually you could even leave off motion and just say div.baby.active

And then upload the file again. If this isn’t something you want to fuss with, hang tight while I troubleshoot the built in editor. One thing to check is to ensure your skin-HousePanel directory is writeable via a chmod 777

Also since there isn’t an existing icon I am assuming this sensor is not reporting like other zwave motion sensors. In Chrome is you inspect the sensor tile by right clicking and selecting “inspect” it would help me troubleshoot if you tell me what the html looks like for that tile.

Well pretty much everything so far has been a failure loading it into an iframe :frowning:

So will have to figure out another way…

I got it working with my thermostat web controls. Might just be a setting you’re missing? What specifically is the failure? Can you load the external .html file ok?

@kewashi - no problem in relation to it not been battle tested yet. Most of the time I just want to ensure I’m not doing something daft and if not then, its just providing you with some feedback where you can put it on, no doubt an extremely long list :slight_smile:

I’ve double checked permissions and the folder and all contents are with chmod 777, so its not a permission thing.

In relation to no existing icon, I assume by that statement some devices are ment to get an icon automatically? This device is actually an Smart-things Own Motion Sensor one, so straight out of the box. I added in another two Smartthings devices a Power outlet and a Contact sensor and this is how they are displayed by default.

In relation to looking at the code, see screen grab below. If this is not what you are looking for please let me know, and I can go and search for you.

If you need anything else let me know.

Yes - motion sensors get motion icons by default. It looks like you added this thing as a temperature device which will not give you the icon too. Try re-authorizing and then picking this as a motion sensor capability. Yes it has temperature capability too but you want the motion version. You can actually pick both but the motion one has the motion status and icon.

And the power outlet icon is tiny because your name has power in it and power is styled to be tiny. It is an oversight on my part. You can fix it either by editing the CSS or by renaming your outlet to avoid the word power in its name. I will update the CSS later tonight to avoid this unintended mixup. If you change the word power to plug you will get a plug icon.