[RELEASE] HousePanel Dashboard for SmartThings and Hubitat

Did you follow the instructions I posted about going to weatherwidget.io and entering your details, then copying the result into forecast.html?

If you mean thisā€¦

Go to weatherwidget.io and build your own, then copy the settings into the forecast.html file.

Yes

Pitons in the background?

Well Iā€™m gonna do the smart thing hereā€¦delete it all and start overā€¦something obviously is wrong.

It changed pretty quick for me, but someone else had a similar issue where it took a while before it updated. Loading directly from the forecast.html really should work right away though.

1 Like

I still cannot find the cfg fileā€¦ I think thatā€™s an issue. I just deleted everything and started over and itā€™s still giving me the wrong infoā€¦

hmoptions.cfg is created when you run housepanel for the first time, in the same directory as forecast.html. If itā€™s not being created, youā€™ve got a permissions problem. You may not be able to make permission changes to www, depending on your build. My suggestion is to put housepanel in a subdirectory under www, then chmod -R 777 that directory.

Iā€™m so sorry about your troubles ā€¦ it shouldnā€™t be that hard. Tell me more about your setupā€¦ Pi or pc or something else?

Agree with Edward that chmod 777 is a good plan.

Finally - no you shouldnā€™t have to reauthorize after edits. I almost never reauthorize.

Well I deleted it all and reinstalled HousePanel and Iā€™m getting this upon trying to reauthorize

Oh No! Something Went Wrong!
Error
500: Internal Server Error
URI
/oauth/authorize
Reference Id
31c6914b-cf31-431c-a867-d72054fb7fd4
Date
Sun Feb 04 04:04:48 UTC 2018

So Iā€™m gonna let this go for tonightā€¦been doing this all day and getting very frustrated and angry. Tomorrow is another dayā€¦

but yes I have to reauthorize everytime I close the page and reopen it. Also there is no cfg in my directory. Not sure what all Iā€™m doing wrong ā€¦but like I said Iā€™ll look at it again tomorrow.

Thanks guys!

My suggestion for rebuilding is always rename the old directory to housepanel.old and make a new directory. That way you can easily copy over your settings files. I think in this case youā€™ve deleted the file that has your oauth info in it, so itā€™ll need to be redone.

Well against my better judgement I reinstalled everything and set it all back up and whatever I did wrong the first time I have no clue :slight_smile:

Weather is correct and it wrote the cfg file correctlyā€¦

Again, Thanks you guys!!!

1 Like

Good plan. Sleep well.

For tomorrow - start by trying a different browser and ensure you have cookies enabled. Also, if using Chrome, hit F12 and check the console error log.

We will work with you to get it going.

I have like five different versions running currently. Once I authorize it works for them all. I never even setup the oauth stuff for them.
Glad to see you are up and running cowboy. Is a great dashboard.

Great!!

Now the fun of customizing can begin

1 Like

I am really impressed with this work!! Great job!! I love this! Thank you again!

Not real sure why I have to keep re authorizingā€¦itā€™s just odd.

Trying to get the info for node.js but I see the ā€˜responseā€™ is asking me to authorize and not sure how to get around thatā€¦ :frowning:

Iā€™m trying to load this in an iframe but I have authorizeā€¦after logging into the samsung for authorization of course the iframe goes blankā€¦

Is there a way around this?
Thank you!

getDom: function() {
	var iframe = document.createElement("IFRAME");
	iframe.style = "border:0"
	iframe.width = this.config.width;
	iframe.height = this.config.height;
	iframe.src =  this.config.url;
	return iframe;
},

Looks like youā€™re having trouble with cookies working properly so the code tries to authorize every time. There is a workaround that you can use to skip cookies and authorization every time. But before you use this workaround, be sure that your installation is inside a firewall and protected so others canā€™t control your home. The workaround is described in the wiki but I will repeat it here for convenience. What you have to do is store your access_token and end points in your configuration file and upload it to the server. You put them in the variables shown below in the clientinfo.php file. The best way to get these variables is to run housepanel.php?useajax=showid
Of course you will have to do this after you have authenticated once.

// provide the access_token and endpt values below if your browser does not support cookies
// this can also be used to skip the authentication step if you are operating in a secure internal environment
// *** WARNING *** do not do this if your website is exposed to the world and discoverable via search
//                              doing so will enable anyone in the world to control your home
// the access_token and endpt information can be obtained by going through authentication once
// and then loading your webpage using mypanel.com/housepanel.php?useajax=showid
// this will return a page with the access_point and endpt data plus other info about your devices
define('USER_ACCESS_TOKEN',FALSE);
define('USER_ENDPT',FALSE);
define('USER_SITENAME',FALSE);

I have never used the samsung login before - so that may be the problem. Have you tried logging in with the SmartThings userid? I donā€™t think the code works with the Samsung login.

That might be something to sort out quick. From what I understand, Samsung is in the process of migrating everyone over to a Samsung login. They started a beta trial of it just recently and it caused a bunch of problems for some people.