[RELEASE] HousePanel Dashboard for SmartThings and Hubitat

If you say so, lol.

My weather tiles are showing a forecast for the wrong state. How do I fix this?

Sort of strange, in options itā€™s only giving me 5 columns and wonā€™t let me edit ā€˜officeā€™ or ā€˜outside.ā€™ Perhaps this is because none of my devices defaulted to those locations? Hereā€™s a screenshot:

Any ideas?

Yeah. Itā€™s a bug. If when you first open the options page you select at least one thing per page they wonā€™t disappear. I use the blank tile.

1 Like

Go to weatherwidget.io and build your own, then copy the settings into the forecast.html file.

1 Like

Thank you for tips on both the weather widget and disappearing columns. Since Iā€™ve already accidentally not selected at least one thing for every column, know of any way to get them back? Reauthenticate? Or should I just re-download all the HousePanel files from GitHub?

@Edward_Niedziejko, I changed forecast.html and restarted apache, but nothing changed, still seeing ann arbor. Are there any other steps I need to take?

Did you force a refresh. I think we get cached images. I have found I think something is not working then force refresh and it updates.

If you edit your hmoptions.cfg file, you should be able to add an item to each of the rooms that disappeared and they should show up again.

1 Like

Sorry ā€¦ I live in Ann Arborā€¦ anyway, if you put your city and state in your forecast.html file and reload it should fix the problem.

Hi people!!!

As you all probably know - Iā€™m on vacation this week and away from my work and my hobby stuff to first order. Well okay - Iā€™m still doing HousePanel hobby stuffā€¦ LOL. Iā€™m posting to let you all know that I started working on a completely new approach for showing icons in HousePanel. With this new approach all things can have icons and they are displayed separately from the thing state. So for example, a thermostat can have a static icon now. Switches and contacts and other things that change state will still have two icons - one for each state. This change will allow me to drastically simplify and improve the TileEdit function so stay tuned. Iā€™m not ready to post the code yet in GitHub but I will probably do so within a day or two.

On a related note - since this change required me to rip up a lot of the code, now would be a great time to put in your requests for major new features.

1 Like

Some ideas:

Visual requests: button style options - flat, 3d, drop shadow, rounded or square corners or even round buttons, snap to grid.

Function requests: edit button location coordinates from settings page, edit icon scaling, thermostat tile color change based on home / away and heat / cool / auto.
Option for dimmer tile brightness to pull from dimmer value.

Fix the empty room disappears from settings page! :wink:

1 Like

Man!!! I love these ideas. Will add them to the list.

1 Like

If youā€™ve got dimmer sliders on your to do, I think it might be good to have them as a slider only tile, and keep the switch function as a seperate tile. That way you wonā€™t accidentially turn on/off a light you just want to adjust a bit.

1 Like

@kewashi I would love to see stop motion video. Also, a way to change tiles in groups if possible. Very time consuming to configure each and every tile.

You can copy/paste between tiles, but itā€™s still slow. I like this idea. Maybe an option to save configuration as default?

I was going to suggest a dimmer slider as well, that would be wonderful. I like @Edward_Niedziejkoā€™s ideas.

Iā€™m new here so maybe these are silly ideas, but as I was trying to customize my panel, I kept thinking it would be awesome if I could just adjust sizes of tiles and windows by grabbing the corner and adjusting it like I would a typical program window. Perhaps also snapping could be implemented? And an edit mode, so things donā€™t move around accidentally when you just want to adjust the location of things. I have no idea if these are unrealistic or not.

Which reload/refresh method should I be using? The one actually on the housepanel? That button seems to make things freeze up for meā€¦maybe PHP7 doesnā€™t work :sweat_smile:

that might work as well.

@kewashi I know I am new to the discussion, but I have installed HousePanel on my RPi 3 and I must commend you on the great work so far. One feature that I might suggest is a way to lock a tile with a passcode such as on actiontiles so that a tile for a routine or webcore piston could be protected. Also is there a way to show the SHM status in HousePanel?