[RELEASE] HousePanel Dashboard for SmartThings and Hubitat

[RELEASE] HousePanel install script

Folks - I developed an install script that should make it much easier to install HousePanel. I’m looking for a few people willing to try it out. Here is how to use it. SSH into your rPI and enter the following command:

cd ~
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kewashi/HousePanel/master/install.sh
bash ./install.sh

This will setup Apache2 and configure PHP with cURL. Then it downloads the latest HousePanel server files and puts them in the web directory that you specify. The script will prompt you for this name. For now the script assumes your web server is hosting pages out of /var/www/html on a rPI. If you have a different setup you will want to edit the script before running it. Finally, after it unzips all the files and puts them in the right place, it sets the permissions the way HousePanel wants to see them. For now I open it all the way since I want to be able to manually edit the files as well as having the web write to them. If you don’t forsee ever doing any manual editing you can change 777 to 755 in the script to make your site more secure.

When the script finishes you are all set and can proceed to loading your browser to your rPI pointing to the directory you gave plus housepanel.php

I tested it on my rPI and it works like a charm, but I need others to try it out before I declare victory over this matter.