[OBSOLETE] Host Pinger (IP based Online State / Presence)

Of course, here you go.

http://rbtray.sourceforge.net/

1 Like

Sharing is Caring!

I still recommend running these services on a little Pi3. The cost is minimal and you will save big time in electric cost. Plus the Pi3 is a good little device to have around for all kinds of cool stuff.

1 Like

I run blue Iris on this machine so it is already always on.

1 Like

What I am looking forward to is the smart plug that just got delivered. I will now be able to see how much energy my server is actually pulling against the rest of the house, I have a whole house energy monitor so will be interesting to see how much out of the almost $6.50 I spend daily on power the computer is using up. :grin:

FYI, my HVAC uses like 60% of that, its almost 100 F around Washington DC right now.

3 Likes

I created this Piston to tame my HVAC uses. Saved half on my HVAC usage and the house still remained cool!

1 Like

Hi, I updated the smartapp to 1.7 and since then Iā€™m getting an error in the logs as follows;

error java.lang.ClassCastException
debug Host Pinger >> Event Recieved: offline 192.168.###.##
debug Host Pinger >> Event Recieved: online 192.168.###.##

No clients are updating state but the exe on my RPi is seeing them go online/offline but displays the following for all entries;

[ONLINE]       192.168.###.##
Failed to SendGetRequest: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error
[OFFLINE]      192.168.###.##
Failed to SendGetRequest: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error

I have double checked all the ids and token entries are OK and this config was working fine until recently. Is anyone else getting this issue?

Can you go in to the events received screen and press done, I didnā€™t do a full install to test and looks like itā€™s not seeing the default I put in as an integer.

Sorry, but the above should fixā€¦ Iā€™ll ā€œfixā€ it again when I get home!

Thanks Jake, No worries. Great app by the way.

If I try to go into events received the whirling timer briefly appears and nothing happens. In the logs it shows again;

Bugger, sorry delete the below lineā€¦ that should workā€¦ should really test these things before I roll out changes :slight_smile:

length = length ?: 20

Sorry mate, commented out the above line but still no go Iā€™m afraid.

Ok in github you can check the previous version prior to the change, Iā€™d roll back to that one. Iā€™m not going to be back until late to fix it.

Sorry again, but thanks for using it!

No problem. Whenever you get time.

OK, manually rolled back to 1.6 and all is back to normal again. Thanks for all your help so far.

Hopefully fixed properly this time!

1 Like

Updated via github and all is working fine. Many thanks Jake :grinning:

1 Like

Well,

I had it working fine on my MAC, i bought a RSP, and since then it wont work,

I donā€™t get any errors in live logging, however i get this when running EXE

pi@raspberrypi:~/Desktop $ mono /home/pi/Desktop/STHostPinger.exe
ā€”SmartThings Host Pinger V2.0ā€”

Loading configā€¦
Loaded
DebugLevel is set to 1
Running ā€¦
24-Jul-17 07:54 [ONLINE] 192.168.2.86
Failed to SendGetRequest: Error getting response stream (Write: The authentication or decryption has failed.): SendFailure
24-Jul-17 07:54 [OFFLINE] 192.168.2.37
Failed to SendGetRequest: Error getting response stream (Write: The authentication or decryption has failed.): SendFailure

I tried removing the DTH and the smartapp, still no useā€¦

I also ensured iā€™m using the correct URLā€¦

any help?

Edit: Sorry error has nothing to do with your settings, itā€™s to do with certificate handling in monoā€¦

@rontalley Did you come across this issue?

http://www.mono-project.com/archived/usingtrustedrootsrespectfully/

Yes, iā€™m sure my settings are correct, iā€™m going nuts hereā€¦

Check my edit :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve just found rons postā€¦ it mentions exactly this issueā€¦ looks like you also need to install ca-certificates-mono and possibly import from mozilla alsoā€¦

Thanks @rontalley :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, it couldnā€™t find the package, now iā€™ve re-installed complete instead of devel, updated repos again, then tried to install the package, now it is removing all mono-stuff and re-installing themā€¦

fingers crossed, will keep you updatedā€¦

Thanks a lot.