[OBSOLETE] Honeywell Evohome Integration

Honestly, it’s bonkers to try to use an HR92 without the controller, boiler relay, etc. It’s all very tightly integrated together.

If you want to play homebrew you’re better off looking elsewhere.

Is it possible to log the room temps to a google sheet so that I can see how well the set points are being hit

Thought it might be useful to see how many times the system is calling for the boiler to fire to optimise temp to efficiency

I use this SmartThings Data Visualisation using InfluxDB and Grafana

Using Grafana you can get nice charts with overlays to show when heating, optimisation, and window function are in operation.

Is there a way to obtain the current mode? I want to set up a CoRE piston that cancels the Economy quick action, but only if the current mode is Economy. ‘thermostateMode’ is where it is reported in the dashboard, but when I try to choose it within CoRE, I get a list of standard thermostat modes such as auto, off, heat, cool etc. rather than the Evohome quick actions.

been trying to set influx up for hours i cant the the web app to work, the server says its running however when i enter 1923.168.0.93:8083 it returns
This site can’t be reached

192.168.0.93 refused to connect.
Search Google for 192 168 2283
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

been trying to set influx up for hours i cant the the web app to work, the server says its running however when i enter 192.168.0.93:8083 it returns
This site can’t be reached

192.168.0.93 refused to connect.
Search Google for 192 168 2283
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Firstly this is superb, I use this rather than the Evohome app (which is useless)!!!
I am now trying to achieve more through the variables and Core - A real basic request - With Core I can work out how to turn off heating if everyone left the house (in fact I would turn it to econoomy) But my actual question is when would it turn back on? Would it be at next setpoint or what?
Also any news on Hot Water???:grinning:

If you look at your ST Evohome settings page, there are settings for defining the length of time Away/Custom/Day Off modes stay active for (in days) and a setting for how long Economy Mode stays active for (in hours). I haven’t ever tried this…but I guess this would meet your requirement.

In practice, I’m not sure how useful this is unless you live by the same routine every time you leave the house. If for example you set it to Economy Mode for 7 hours…but come home earlier, it’ll still be cold in the house…

Thanks, It may fit my routine most of the time but as you say not always ideal and I guess setting it to come back on or cancel that routine will negate the efficiency of the boiler and any benefit will be lost. Appreciate input though.

Thanks.

In practice, I don’t tend to set the thermostatMode for a particular period of time, instead I find it useful to use a combination of presence detection and IFTTT geofences to automate, e.g.:

• Set Evohome thermostatMode to economy when everyone has left (based on presence of ST keyfobs).
  • Set Evohome thermostatMode to economy whenever I leave town (based on an IFTTT geofence ~ 5mile radius of home).
  • Set Evohome thermostatMode to auto when someone arrives (based on presence of ST keyfobs).
  • Set Evohome thermostatMode to auto whenever I enter town (based on an IFTTT geofence ~ 5mile radius of home).
  • Set Evohome thermostatMode to auto 10 mins after I leave work (based on an IFTTT geofence ~500m around office).
  • etc.

If you have multiple people in the household then it gets a little more complicated, but you get the idea.

Other points:

• IFTTT just sets a virtual switch device corresponding to each geofence, which triggers the relevant CoRE piston.
  • I tend to only set thermostatMode to off manually if I’m going on a long trip.
  • If you use a methodology like this, then you will want to configure your room heating schedules to assume you are at home all the time.
  • I have a couple of other special rules, like boosting certain rooms when it gets windy (I have a netatmo wind gauge).

I should probably write a blog article on this stuff sometime…:innocent:

Yes, hotwater does work in beta, I just need to get my ass in gear and release it (I’m too busy cleaning up all my device handlers at the minute).

HTH , Z

Great thanks for feedback. Need a beta tester?

I’m trying to use CORE with this integration, so when the Evohome heating controller is set to ‘Away’ it will trigger a routine.

The Away setting is controlled automatically by the Evohome (or Le Sucre) Security system which sets it when its Armed.

So one fob, arms the alarm, and with Core interrogating the status when Evohome heating set to ‘Away’ it will trigger the routine to lock the doors.

I was going to use ‘ThermostatMode’ within Core - but the only ‘value’ it allows me to use is from the list ‘off, auto, coo, heat, emergency heat’ rather than 'away, day off, economy, custom etc…)

Is it properly integrated into Core, and/or am I doing anything wrong ??

I did check I had the latest versions of everything…

Shaun

Help Please…

4:45:32 PM: error java.lang.NullPointerException @ line 1299
4:45:32 PM: debug Evohome (Connect): getCurrentSwitchpoint()
4:45:32 PM: debug Evohome (Connect): updateChildDevice(-1)
4:45:32 PM: debug Evohome (Connect): poll(-1)

Its been mentioned above in Dec '16 but i couldn’t see any comments on the fix. All devices are registered in the ST app but no temperatures or statuses are read.

Hi - I have the Honeywell Evo Home system and was trying to install this into Smarthings. However, the step where it says select My Apps under Marketplace does not exist for me. Is there something im missing?

Thanks
Mitch

Sorry - this was following the instructions from the very first post by zcapr17. I was following his guide under his github.

Thanks

Have you selected SmartApps at the top? It defaults to Things.

Hi - Yea, if i select Market Place - SmartApps, scroll to the bottom I have (More), but non state MyApps.

Under SmartApps it goes in this order for me:-
Smarthings Recommends
Safety & Security
Lights & Switchs
Climate Control
Energy Management
Presence & Modes
Music & Sounds
Samsung Home
Wellbeing
More

And you definitely published the app after you created it…?

Im sure i did - ill give another try. So once i do first the step in your instruction which is the Smart App creation, it should then show on my phone app under MyApp?

You need to complete all three steps in Part One before it will show on the smartphone.