[OBSOLETE] Honeywell Evohome Integration

Guys, in a few days, i will be releasing a v2.0 version of this app i a separate thread, with hopefully everything working with the new smartthings app, including the thermostat modes. I will probably provide a link for the new threat here so that you can all jump to a new clean thread about this integration. I really hope that this will help some of you like me, as i have been waiting for a working integration for years now.

Well done, have been keeping an eye on your progress on the other thread, will be great to have an up to date integration. As mentioned, I’m continuing to get most of the functionality I need from the old integration, but would be good to be rid of the defunct Cooling options etc and have direct access to the proper thermostat modes. Don’t suppose you’ll be adding support for hot water?

Thank you! I have done this due to my own need to make this work. Unfortunately the hot water needs an entire new device handler which i don’t believe i have the skills required to perform. However i thought the same for fixing this app. @nayelyz guided me through the entire process and i can’t thank her enough for this. As soon as she helps me with the last issue, i will release the integration for everyone to use. I really thought there would be a lot more people interested in this integration.

1 Like

If anyone here still wants to connect Smartthings to evohome use this link to be transferred to my newly released Integration which works with the new Smartthings app [RELEASE]

@WillHar @Somebody @TheMiniBar @cscsn @jugular @Lorraine_Morrow @Behold81 @guyank @sulisenator @davidgmitch

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

I’m not sure about anyone else but I lost connectivity between Smartthings and Evohome on Monday at 11:00 UTC based on zone temperature changes not being updated in the History of the Smartthings App. On Thursday early AM 06:30 UTC the Evohome App could not connect due to Maintenance and now I have lost the ability to trigger Zone Boost commands from Sharptools.

Anyone else? Seems like the beginning of the end… Time to migrate to the work @Andremain has been spearheading I believe!

1 Like

I think that is a very good idea. And if you are interested, the integration now supports hot water.

As for the rest i have some inside information that evohome will be added in the Honeywell home app, i just don’t know when. I assume they are doing maintenance and updates to get it working with the new app. I feel you though as i get interruptions all the time as the service goes down almost daily now.

The down time is ridiculous lately. So frequent, I was starting to wonder if there was only a handful of users and Honeywell were winding things down or if I had some kind of broadband blocking of the site going on.

It’s literally costing money and CO2 as I’ll leave home (keyworker) my heating is supposed to shut off but a few times now the planned or unplanned service Downtime leaves my heating blazing away all day.

Thanks for sharing. Glad it’s not just me

Had the same thing lately. I though i turn the heating off using smartthings but it kept going for a few hours before i caught what was happening.