[OBSOLETE] Honeywell Evohome Integration

Be that as it may, I DO want to be able to have hot water if only for the ability to track hot water temperature and perform actions based upon that.

Mail](https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986) for Windows 10

Yes, absolutely.

The property in which I have a hot water tank (300l) varies in occupancy from 1 to 14 so my HW demands vary quite considerably.

Sitting behind this I have a gas boiler which is set to heat to 55C, a pair of immersion heaters and also 8kW of solar and 28kWh of PowerWall. I see huge benefit in being able to read temperature and fire hot water at will.

Jason

Mail](https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986) for Windows 10

Paul,

I tried to track Codersaur and a couple of other people in the start of the thread who said they were testing about a year ago but to no avail. As per the other comments having the ability to single click “Boost” for an hour via SmartTiles or my ActionTiles interface would be great.

Having the ability to record and track temperature and when heating of the DHW will also allow me to make some efficiencies.

I’m not an expert on SM with the ability (and patience) to logically try and test until I get something working, but I’m sure the people now on the thread would all chip in, with the appropriate significant credit given to Codersaur.

Cheers.

Simon.

I’ve added the DH and the Smartapp but only 2 of my rooms work. The others are all detected and show up in Smarttings but will not display a temperature. They work fine on the Evohome controller and the Evohome app, just not in Smartthings.
The error in the live logging refers to (or from) line 894 of the DH code rather than the smart app (I think) and gives the error

" groovy.lang.GroovyRuntimeException: Ambiguous method overloading for method java.math.BigDecimal#<init>.
Cannot resolve which method to invoke for [null] due to overlapping prototypes between:
[class [C]
[class java.lang.String] @line 894 (calculateOptimisations)"

I’ve attached a grab of the logging. ‘Playroom’ and ‘Lounge’ work fine but other rooms (‘Master Bed’, ‘Spare Room’ etc) do not.

Any help would really be appreciated!]

Can some kind soul please update the instructions as to what to do to set this up, to include Hot Water, including specific changes to lines that are required to the DH for the updated totalconnect urls etc

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Thanks for all the advice on here guys. I can finally set my heating zones again. However when I adjust the temp it only sets it for 2.5 hours and not permanently. Any ideas?

Ok, so I have figured this out- I have never had to do this before but I had to go into the settings for each thermostat and change the the “Until” setting to Permanent and then ensure that all decimal values, (for Duration, Boost Temp and Suppress Temp), to integers. This seems to have sorted out the issue above.

I’m a newbie to ST, but have managed to get it working with my UK Evohome system in the classic app following the instructions here. Thank you guys.
One question though, is it possible to use the new Smartthings app. Pressing the device in the new app does nothing and the only relevant option I see in automation is “Temperature/tempratureUp” which does not work?

Thanks for this. I have now set this up and been able to set evohome to eco mode for X hours when all presence sensors leave/are away during weekday mornings using webcore.

I just wished that I had the DH for DHW to play with.

Can you post your Webcore snap of this please?

Here you are:

when i try to set economy, it seems to set the whole system to ecomony, not only the zone selected.
Is this working the same for you?

That’s how evohome works. Modes are system level.

Anybody worked out how to set a temp for a duration in webcore?
I can see in the DH that it’s supported with either a date string, or a none zero int will activate for minutes. Can’t seem to pass the duration though…

I’m trying to catch those pesky kids when they turn their room temp up overnight. I have a piston wake up 20 mins later to reset but tidier to let EVoHome do that for me.

Cant you just use the Honeywell settings outside of SmartThings to disable local override on the kids valves?

Then my little angels would be cold :open_mouth:

I’m trying to allow them to heat their rooms without leaving the setpoint high all night (until the morning’s schedule kicks in).

With local override disabled you can still have set points that kick in on a schedule. For example a night time temperature setting for bedroom zones. All of that scheduling still runs as you’d expect with no-one cold ( if the schedule is set accordingly). But no-one can physically twist the thermostat and increase the heat if local override is disabled.

Thanks but that’s not what I’m trying to do.
They’re gamers and stay up all hours sometimes, when cold I want them to be able to override but stop the setpoint remaining high all night. They never turn it down again when eventually go to bed!.
Also, they each have a personalised action-tiles link so can (do) v easily adjust in their browers and mobiles.
I have logic which drops the setpoint when they’re not home :wink:
no point heating an empty room.

Ah got you. So you don’t know when the heating should go off, and you don’t want them leaving it on.

I wonder if a movement sensor could be made to trigger a temporary over ride?

I get how presence sensors aren’t going to solve this.

I use a Harmony remote and the lighting scenes triggered by a Fibaro dimmer to override our lounge when either the lights or the TV are on. After 2200 it also overrides some of the other heating zones that would have changed to the nighttime set point.