SmartThings Community

[RELEASE] Honeywell Evohome Integration

honeywell
thermostat
climatecontrol
smartapp_hvac
dth_hvac

(David Jacobs) #207

No Hot Water control. The guy never finished this off which is a real shame as its all there is, no formal integration ever happened.

(Paul Ockenden) #208

David did add Hot Water support. I have a beta version of it (but obviously couldn’t release it without his permission). I have to say though that I’ve found very little use for it.

The other thing it would be good to do is move the smart actions from the zones to a ‘system’ device. Right now if you set Economy mode on a zone it applies to all zones. That’s quite illogical. It would be better to set it at system level. Domoticz does this well - it has the zones and also the controller as separate entities.

I spoke to David about this at the time, but I think he was too busy with other things to even contemplate it.

Plus, around that time SmartThings was about as reliable as a 1970s Austin Princess, so I’m sure that took away a lot of the enthusiasm.

Thanks guys

Pretty much as expected.

At the end of the day I can TURN ON and TURN OFF the DHW with IFTTT so that is not a real issue.

The one hole that I do have however is reading the temperature of the water in the tank. If I could crack that then I’d be a happy man

(Andrew) #210

Installed this and got it working with a few tweaks.

What I did:
Install the device handler and smartapp as described. Both need to be edited before saving and publishing in the IDE.

Device handler - the degree symbol gets changed to a � on the raw listing on github so either copy from the listing rather than raw or use the raw listing then find and replace with a degree symbol. There are 4 instances.

SmartApp - change the address of the API; this is listed in the discussion above and initially I only changed it once on line 125. This gave me a working installation for reading but not adjusting the temperature. Once I changed all the addresses it worked fine, so:

Change every instance of ‘https://tccna.honeywell.com’ to ‘https://mytotalconnectcomfort.com/WebApi
There are 3, on lines 125, 505, and 577.

And now just follow the rest of the installation procedure. Publish both for yourself and then install on your device. After entering username and password it threw an error code but having dismissed the alert and saving it has worked fine and I can read and adjust the heating settings.

Hope this helps.

(Paul Sheldon) #211

Does this still work? I have the Smart App & Device installed. Smart App is fetching my used details but Device is doing nothing but stating updating.

Device is not connected to SmartApp and cant see how to do that…

Any help greatly received

(David Jacobs) #212

Mine seems to be doing same on an install that was working. Anyone else having troubles?